Clearwater - critic attacked by Scientologist

magitad

Clearwater - critic attacked by Scientologist

Post by magitad » Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:22 am

Proflex/girvin has been conducting daily protests downtown Clearwater for 13 days before this happened:

http://www.baynews9.com/content/36/2006 ... hey%20said

oyster

Post by oyster » Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:16 pm

Their reactive mind at work. I thought that OTs were supposed to have taken care of that part of their brain (they obvously have rid themselves of their common sence mind).

I have a feeling that the 'Church" will deny that he is a member, and that he is just a citizen who is sticking up for religious freedom.

pitbull

Post by pitbull » Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:33 pm

"I picked up the camera again and started filming him," Lonsdale said.
So he WAS harrassing private individuals. Individuals who have a right
not to be filmed.

Lesson here: Don't come down to clearwater and harass Scientology or else you'll get yer ass kicked.

Scientologists are willing to go to jail to stand up to what they belief.
Just like the protestors and freedom fighters of the 60s civil rights movement.
There's an old saying: when the going gets tough - pit bulls call a Scientologist."
-David Miscavige- 8 October, 1993
http://www.earthstation1.com/ThemeSongs/Branded.wav

hboats

Post by hboats » Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:51 pm

pitbull wrote:Lesson here: Don't come down to clearwater and harass Scientology or else you'll get yer ass kicked.
Unless you are smart enough to have a video camera running and then they can't lie and claim that you started it.

Correction, they'll still lie and say that you started it, they'll just look more foolish with the video evidence that you didn't.

Rick (hboats)

TheDarksideOfScientology

Post by TheDarksideOfScientology » Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:20 pm

pitbull wrote:
"I picked up the camera again and started filming him," Lonsdale said.
So he WAS harrassing private individuals. Individuals who have a right
not to be filmed.

Lesson here: Don't come down to clearwater and harass Scientology or else you'll get yer ass kicked.

Anyone on a PUBLIC street, can be filmed at antime. You have NO privacy, when you're in public. I wonder about you.

StormBringer

Post by StormBringer » Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:33 pm

And exactly what is it that they believe in there Pitbull? What belief are they standing up for.

Do you really think there is any comparison here to some of the people during the civil rights movement.

You dont seem to be concerned that the CoS has hundreds of cameras around the down town area that are doing exactly the same thing that you are deriding proflex for.

I will also point out that proflex was able to fend of this rabid clam one handed while still filming. So much for being more able.

Atheist

shelby

Post by shelby » Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:47 pm

So he WAS harrassing private individuals. Individuals who have a right not to be filmed.
SSSSOOOOOO......that gives some whacked out idiot the right to assault Proflex? Uh, the LEGAL ANSWER is NO. Did Proflex have the right to film them? ABSOLUTELY. Freedom does not only apply to Scientologists.

THEY are NOT above the law, nor are THEY more powerful than God.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

You know, one more thing, he isn't harrassing them. He is protesting and has every right, under the Bill of Rights, to protest. He also has the right to protest on a public street. Unless there is a deed with a viable legal description showing Scientology owns that street corner, I suggest you drop the harrassment issue. Furthermore, if they didn't enjoy all the negative attention and publicity, and if they didn't intentionally want to provoke Proflex or had no intention of assaulting him, they would have avoided him at all costs.

Harrassment? Well, let's compare:

Proflex standing on an street corner with a sign in his hand, filming the building, or people talking to him or spewing nasty words or phrases directed at him.

OR

Scientologists deliberately engaging in profanity to Proflex, screaming at Proflex, spewing slander rather than ignoring him, staying quiet and avoiding him.

HHHHMMMMM......seems the Scientologists' behavior is classified as "harrassment".

Make no mistake......this isn't over....and those more powerful than the little, robotic scientologists are watching.

:roll:

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:51 pm

How ironic that CoS has multiple cameras filming everyone on that street. I hope the judge asks the attacker: if filming without permission is bad, then shouldn't CoS remove its cameras?

magitad

Story in SP Times about Clearwater assault on Proflex

Post by magitad » Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:13 am

-maggie, human being

Return to “Florida”