One opened, more to come!
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:27 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Flag reports contracted workers to US Immigration Enforcemnt
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:07 pm 

New report just in from Flag area, Clearwater Florida.

Recently, Flag hired some contracted labor to sweep and clean in the Fort Harrison Hotel (which is gutted down to the concrete, I'm told). The laborers were getting $15/hour from their employer (a labor pool company). At the end of the job, Scientology called in ICE (US Immigration & Customs Enforcement http://www.ice.gov/ ) so that the Mexican (& other nationality) workers would get arrested and deported and Scientology wouldn't have to pay the full bill.

Now considering CofS pays their staffers (Sea Org) up to $50 per WEEK, and considering that CofS routinely pulls staffers off their regular posts to do manual labor grunt work (MEST work), why would they pay another company for unskilled laborers an extraordinary wage above what they pay their own labor?

The only answer I can come up with is that Scientology set this up in order to get (or stay) in the good graces of ICE so ICE doesn't come poking into their own back yard.

Source: Someone who was there at ICE-cum-Ft-Harrison ground zero.

Post subject: Re: Flag reports contracted workers to US Immigration Enforcemnt
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:13 am 

Sea Horse wrote:

Recently, Flag hired some contracted labor to sweep and clean in the Fort Harrison Hotel (which is gutted down to the concrete, I'm told). The laborers were getting $15/hour from their employer (a labor pool company). At the end of the job, Scientology called in ICE (US Immigration & Customs Enforcement http://www.ice.gov/ ) so that the Mexican (& other nationality) workers would get arrested and deported and Scientology wouldn't have to pay the full bill.

Now considering CofS pays their staffers (Sea Org) up to $50 per WEEK, and considering that CofS routinely pulls staffers off their regular posts to do manual labor grunt work (MEST work), why would they pay another company for unskilled laborers an extraordinary wage above what they pay their own labor?

The only answer I can come up with is that Scientology set this up in order to get (or stay) in the good graces of ICE so ICE doesn't come poking into their own back yard.

Good god.

Well, one thing I can suggest. DM does not trust SO members to do anything.

When he and his entourage did an "inspection" of the Flag base in 1994, one of the issues he had was the cleanliness of the FH. He ordered that a wog cleaning company to come in and clean the building.

But, this deal about then not paying the company that did the work reminds me of the "wog recuit" stuff that used to go on. Does anyone else know what I'm talking about?

Post subject: Re: Flag reports contracted workers to US Immigration Enforcemnt
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:35 pm 

Sea Horse, I was sorry to see this thread slip off the front page without more comment. I consider this a much more alarming situation than, say, whether Bernie gets an account here or not.

Does you source have any more information on this?

How many laborers were involved?

Sea Horse wrote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:57 pm 

My source is going to find out more information. Again, the essence was that CofS called ICE. I'll post more when I have more info.