Kids exposed unknowingly?

Exposing the network of Scientology business consultant and recruitment companies.
sk_rose

Kids exposed unknowingly?

Post by sk_rose » Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:25 pm

This is my first post, as I just joined the message board a couple weeks ago.

My curiousity with scientology began after graduating from college as I was looking for a job. I'm trained as an illustrator and I had a very unusual interview with NeoPets... a very small unknown (at the time) internet site for kids.

Heres my story so you understand my question in the subject description.

I was out of school for a few months, had a job for a short while and was laid off, so I was out pounding the pavement... Thats when I found a great opportunity for the little startup NeoPets... I went to their site and checked it out. The basic premise was that you adopt a "pet" and take care of it in this little world. The art was extremely poor at the time and since childrens illustration was my main focus in school, I set an appointment for an interview.

I thought I had this job in the can for sure. But then I got there... early... and they said "OK... have a seat, we'll wait for everyone else coming and we can start the tests."

Now, when you are in my industry, taking a "test" isn't unusual... Its usually a test to see what you can do on the computer in a given amount of time or can you storyboard quickly etc. But this test was NOT anything related to my field. In fact there were 2 tests. Growing up I had a bit of a learning disability and I recognized the tests easily... An IQ test, a personality test. I thought this was unusual, but I took the tests anyway. Now days I'd march to the front desk and demand to know why I was given an IQ test... But I figured it didn't really matter and that my portfolio would be looked at after I was done.

When I finished the test, I was told to wait for my interviewer, which I did. Finally the interviewer came, and we sat in the conference room... You would think that the first thing asked would be to see my work... but instead, it was "we run our company according to dianetics and the teachings of L. Ron Hubbard... Do you have a problem with that?"

I knew NOTHING about any of it at the time, and I said so. But I knew in my head something was really off. I eventually asked HIM if he wanted to see my work... and he said he would, but as if he hadn't even considered it, and then he flipped through in about a minute... At that point I realized that my gut was right and there was no way this company was hiring me... so I started asking my own questions. "Why did you give me an IQ test?" etc... I was told that it was NOT an IQ test and that it was a "placement" test to see where I would fit in. I said something to the effect of "But I'm an illustrator... thats where I fit in."

Now, I'm not sure if the company is still run the same way or by the same people. But I have recently started looking more into scientology and what they do... So thinking back on my encounter I looked at the site again... Its not only about adopting pets and taking care of them... They are different alien races, and theres an evil race of aliens... battles... tournaments etc...

So, my question is... Does anyone know if NeoPets is still run by SoC people? And if they are, are they trying to feed scientology to kids without anyone being the wiser? Or are they just a pokemon rip-off set on another planet/space?

heres the site... http://www.neopets.com

sk_rose

PS

Post by sk_rose » Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:29 pm

I didn't get the job...
They never bothered calling back... I think I asked to many questions, LOL.

Kilia

Post by Kilia » Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:14 pm

NeoPets was co-produced by Sky Dayton who was the founder of Earthlink ISP, and as far as I know is still owned by Scientologists.

Just thank your lucky stars that you weren't hired.

Many Blessings to you and yours,
Kilia

tommygormanxenu

I do think that the cult of scientology does run it still

Post by tommygormanxenu » Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:27 am

Scientology only cares about money and power. My wife was raped by a high posted scientologist when she was 16 and the cult of scientology stood by the rapist and helped to make sure he did not go to prison .The guys name is Gabe Williams AND HE MADE LOTS OF MONEY FOR THE CULT. The cult believes in an alien named XENU that you have to pay 100,000s if not millions to find out there bullshit and how there is no GOD and how Jesus is a lover of young boys .How PSYCHIATRY is the source of all evil and really bad . The funny thing is the nut ball that made this cult is L Ron Hubbard and he died with a PSYCHIATRY drug in his blood stream called Vistaral. The cult says that gays are 1.1 which mean bad and weird not aloud in the cult but l ron hubs son was gay and so called killed him self. L Rons last wife was sent to prison for doing what he wanted her to and then he hid from the cops and world for over 11 years till he was dead . My name is Tommy Gorman I am a deprogrammer and I grew up in this cult i was born into it. I am 25 right now and a good website to find out the harms and truth about this cult is www. lermanet.com I work with a website called www.factnet.com and you can find many things about the cult of scientology there to. we have a board like this one on factnet you should come to it sometime. Thanks for telling what you saw with these weird people.
Tommy Gorman
This is my own opinion. I'd rather die speaking the truth about the harms of the cult of scientology than hide and be afraid.
http://www.lermanet.com/tomgorman/jeffreyquiros.htm

Ned Ludd

Post by Ned Ludd » Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:35 am

Crap! now my kids are mad at me for killing their neopets. :( no way on earth I am letting them near it again.

http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/neopet5.htm
"Who you are speaks so loudly I can't hear what you're saying."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quietheart

Post by Quietheart » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:55 pm

Holy crap, mine are gonna hate me too, and I have a close friend who is probably gonna tick her kids off too when she finds out. Oh well, we never really go there since we moved anyways.

d1684

Re: I do think that the cult of scientology does run it stil

Post by d1684 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:48 am

tommygormanxenu wrote: and how Jesus is a lover of young boys .
I've read that too about the OT VIII material supposedly says Jesus was a pedo and Hubbard wanted to bring in the "Anti-Christ period". Some of the ex-Scientologists here think the material is genuine, but others think that it's not.

Do you know of anyway to verify it as genuine? One video on you tube says a Scientology lawyer (I think his name is Moxin) said it was "sacred scripture" of Co$. Do you know of anyway to verify it?
"[If] anyone wants a monopoly on Dianetics, be assured that he wants it for reasons which have to do not with dianetics but with profit." —Dianetics by L.Ron Hubbard..who made $640 million dollars from Dianetics. Just a Coincidence.

d1684

Re:

Post by d1684 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:50 am

Quietheart wrote:Holy crap, mine are gonna hate me too, and I have a close friend who is probably gonna tick her kids off too when she finds out. Oh well, we never really go there since we moved anyways.
My Nephew used to be really into those things when he was a kid. Hopefully my 5 y.o. daughter never wants one.

Thanks for the heads up people. I had no idea.
"[If] anyone wants a monopoly on Dianetics, be assured that he wants it for reasons which have to do not with dianetics but with profit." —Dianetics by L.Ron Hubbard..who made $640 million dollars from Dianetics. Just a Coincidence.

Return to “Scientology Business Consultants Exposed”