Chicago org has BULLETHOLES?!

Torsten Vanadium

Chicago org has BULLETHOLES?!

Post by Torsten Vanadium » Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:47 pm

I was in Chicago last week and decided to do some sightseeing. Took a bus up to the northside and walked down Lincoln Av past the org. It doesnt look very busy. It does look like somebody tried to shoot out the plate glass. I say tried, because the glass looks like a 1/2" thick at least, and there are a couple 2" wide craters in it.

The org allready looked like something out of Elliot Ness and the Untouchables. Boy that sure adds to the ambiance, nothing says satisfied customers like bulletholes. I did a search on OCMB and Googled ARS but didn't find any news of this. Anybody know when it happened?
English is my third language. I never had a second language. My first language is dead.

"Democracy not only demands the right but imposes the responsibility of thinking for ourselves." -- BERGEN EVANS

marlysfan

Post by marlysfan » Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:32 pm

What kind of neighborhood is it in? If I recall correctly, the K.C. org has bulletholes, but then again, so do most of the surrounding businesses.

Torsten Vanadium

Post by Torsten Vanadium » Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:18 am

marlysfan wrote:What kind of neighborhood is it in? If I recall correctly, the K.C. org has bulletholes, but then again, so do most of the surrounding businesses.
Its not that bad, not like Englewood on the westside or other gang infested areas. This is near northside, about a mile from the lake. Mixed retail, restraunts, furniture stores etc, a military surplus store up the block. Apartments to rent above most of them Id' guess. Theres a bar across the street. Oh yeah, and St Alphonse, a REAL church right around the corner next to a theater/playhouse. Off Lincoln its mostly single family and townhouses, well kept.
English is my third language. I never had a second language. My first language is dead.

"Democracy not only demands the right but imposes the responsibility of thinking for ourselves." -- BERGEN EVANS

moonbeam

Chicago Org

Post by moonbeam » Wed May 02, 2007 6:26 am

I have been told by a Sea Org Member that the Lincoln Avenue location is moving to a Chicago Loop Location. Scientology supposedly purchased a property located near Columbia College, Symphony Center, and the Art Institute. I could not get the address from this person, but it could either be on Michigan Avenue and Adams or on State street. I have not been able to locate any recent real estate transactions. I think it is true, but don't know for sure.

Moonbeam

Torsten Vanadium

Re: Chicago Org

Post by Torsten Vanadium » Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:32 pm

moonbeam wrote:I have been told by a Sea Org Member that the Lincoln Avenue location is moving to a Chicago Loop Location. Scientology supposedly purchased a property located near Columbia College, Symphony Center, and the Art Institute. I could not get the address from this person, but it could either be on Michigan Avenue and Adams or on State street. I have not been able to locate any recent real estate transactions. I think it is true, but don't know for sure.

Moonbeam
Well they already had a place on 410 S Mich Av #624 for years. I think for a time they called it "celeb centre" but now in publc directories its called "Scientology Michigan Av". Google maps show a cafe at street level.

Theres been a Chicago "Ideal Org" fund push going for a few years, and just yesterday a friend who gets Scio junkmail told me a bunch of new IOs including Chicago are shown in the latest Auditor magazine. No address listed BUT the number 650 is seen in the photo for Chicago IO. I gave her a dollar to send it to me, so will see.

From what I hear about other IOs like London, they dont usually close the Cl V org, they keep it as a "feeder" to the IO.

TV

oyster

Post by oyster » Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:26 am

They are feeding it bulletholes? Moving or not, they should be fined if they don't take care of it, soon.

You have no idea how long those bulletholes have been there?

Torsten Vanadium

Re: Chicago Org

Post by Torsten Vanadium » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:57 pm

Torsten Vanadium wrote:
moonbeam wrote:I have been told by a Sea Org Member that the Lincoln Avenue location is moving///
Moonbeam
/// Chicago are shown in the latest Auditor magazine. No address listed BUT the number 650 is seen in the photo for Chicago IO. I gave her a dollar to send it to me, so will see.
///
TV
I got a look at this. Its not a real photo, looks like it was done with architect software, with signs and flags photoshoped in.

May be its a "postulate". I can find no news about it with google. If it does exist its a well kept secret.
oyster wrote:They are feeding it bulletholes? Moving or not, they should be fined if they don't take care of it, soon.

Thick glass like that is very expensve. If it cost them less to pay a fine thats what they would do. Like with finishing the SP buildng in CW, no? But probably since theyre just chips, not all the way through and no long cracks, they city probably doesnt bother them about it.
You have no idea how long those bulletholes have been there?
Could be years. Nobody I talked to seems to know, even the bartender across the street, and usually bartenders know everything.

brownjedi

Post by brownjedi » Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:39 am

The ghost of Al Capone is trying to take out a rival criminal organization.

elrononymous

New chicago HQ?

Post by elrononymous » Tue May 06, 2008 11:28 pm

Hey everyone. For what they are worth, some updates. When Anonymous protested outside the lincoln ave org in February and March 2008, it looked pretty sad and empty. Only one or two people inside. Taking pictures of course lol.

The latest unconfirmed news as of this week -May 5, 208- is that the Lincoln ave org is empty. No books or posters or people. This still needs to be confirmed.

We have discovered this:
http://www.chicagojournal.com/main.asp? ... cleID=3414

I certainly hope they move there. Anonymous has plans! (legal ones).

Thanks

StormBringer

Post by StormBringer » Wed May 07, 2008 1:54 am

I did a street view of it and look at its location. Not to far from Grant park.
There is a car wash right next store to the place.
I will have to mail them some information about their new neighbors.
Across the street is a bar called Villians.

http://chicago.metromix.com/bars-and-cl ... 71/content

So I guess there is a good place to just go hang out and watch the place from.

Huge parking lot for Villians too so a good place to stage at.

Atheist

Return to “Illinois”