The Very First Michigan Org: Photo...

Tim

The Very First Michigan Org: Photo...

Post by Tim » Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:37 am

I found the exact home (according to the Detroit Free Press) where the very first Dianetics School was located in Detroit, maybe even Michigan. In 1953 this dianetics school was raided by the Detroit Police Department. It's a residential three unit home. From my research on the net, I believe that this particular raid was the "last straw", so to speak, and the catalyst which caused Hubbard to convert his few floundering and fledgling Dianetics schools into The Church of Scientology", in order to evade prosecution for fraud. Because of this, I believe this structure has historical significance as far as crime, fraud and US cult history is concerned.

http://www.lermanet.com/scientologynews ... 032653.htm

http://www.lermanet.com/scientologynews ... n-0453.htm

Below is a photo shot in December of 2005 of where this first Dianetics School was operated (and raided in 1953 - as discussed in the URL articles above). It was/is a private residence, as well as the First Dianetics school in Detroit, according to the above articles. The school/residence was the door on the left side of the multiple unit home...

According to the articles, the 2 operators of the Dianetics school were placed on 2 yr. probation for operating a trade school without a license. The other two charges were dropped: conspiracy and practicing medicine without a license. They plead guilty for the plea bargain. The Detroit Police protested the Plea Agreement.

It's interesting to note that even way back in 1953, the headline of the Detroit Free Press article reads - "Cult's Records Seized". Even over 50 years ago, a year before the Church of Scientology was started, people in Detroit Michigan knew that L Ron Hubbard was operating a cult. People in Detroit were and are not stupid. It’s also interesting to note, that even today, Detroit does not have a “Church of Scientology� within city limits. The Church of Scientology� of Michigan is located in Farmington Hills, an upper middle class suburb of Detroit, and is the only cult location presently operating in the vicinity of Detroit.

darksensory

Post by darksensory » Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:00 pm

wow, thanks for the info. I to am from the detroit area (dearborn) and I just cant imagine people falling for this stuff.

The link of the recent picture is broken. is there anyway you could repost it, I would love to see it.
I think I crapped my pants when I saw an advertisement for the SeaOrgs.

Tim

Post by Tim » Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:11 pm

Return to “Michigan”