Script outline

One day someone will make a full feature movie about the life of L Ron Hubbard and how he created the Church of Scientology. How would the story go, what title should it have, what should and should not be included, who could make it, who would play the different roles? Add your inspirational thoughts here.
admin
Site Admin

Script outline

Post by admin » Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:49 am

There are many ways to attack this story. Here's one:
  • "Based on true events"
  • Story presented through the eyes of Bill in GO who was involved from the start
  • 3 timelines: Bill during/right after FBI raid in the 70'ties (present time in story), Bill in CoS/GO (looking back), Hubbard's life (learning as he wakes up)
  • Starts with FBI raid around US
  • Revealing operations like Snow White and Freak Out by Bill being confronted with evidence during interrogation
  • Bill in cell, looks back on: how he got involved in CoS, the good times, met Hubbard early, Bill's early Scientology training (to explain to the audience what the Bridge is) - POSITIVE MEMORIES
  • Bill involved in money laundering, Hubbard starting SeaOrg, starting to see Hubbard's drug abuse and paranoia develop - CONFLICTING NEGATIVE MEMORIES
  • Bill reaching OT3 - CONFUSION AND DOUBT
  • Bill reveals in the interrogation what he did in GO
  • Bill released pending lawsuit
  • Bill meets someone who knew Hubbard from the early years, frustrated when he learn about his real background and the lies
  • End scene: Bill reads in newspaper Hubbard dies 1986 while standing close to CC in LA, camera zooms upwards getting a good shot og CC in full light and with sign (maybe Hollywood sign in background?)
  • Maybe a Hubbard quote or end text on screen - and THE END
Andreas @ www.xenu.net
[b]- Life is not a test.[/b]

Roan

Post by Roan » Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:45 pm

Here's a post I made here last year outlining an opening idea about how the movie might be written.
Roan wrote:The movie starts in present time (1982). The camera pans across the So Cal desert and comes upon a Bluebird Mobile Home. Inside we see Hubbard at the end of his life: long hair, a wife beater T-shirt, a syringe sticking out of his ass, categorically insane, scratching himself all over as he screams about body thetans, etc. etc.

DISSOLVE TO:

The 40 year old Hubbard, pounding away at a typewriter, with a cigarette dangling from his lip and a gleam in his eye...

The movie then chronicles Ron and Scientology from the advent of Dianetics on. A sort of mix between P.T. Barnum, Elmer Gantry, Jake LaMotta (Raging Bull) and Adolph Hitler.
“The failure to condemn an activity is indeed, an offer of tacit approval.
All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing.” — Edmund Burke

clamdigrr

Post by clamdigrr » Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:48 am

Roan wrote:
A sort of mix between P.T. Barnum, Elmer Gantry, Jake LaMotta (Raging Bull) and Adolph Hitler.
You forgot to add Walter Mitty.
Go on now, go,
Walk out the door,
Just turn around now,
'Cause you're not welcome anymore...

lovin it

synopose

Post by lovin it » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:49 am

very good thread.....it wont be about hubbard but be about crowley,parsons and hubbard....and what they were up too...the movie will end showing hubbard finishing of dianetics....the rest is up to your imagination...!
its already going around hollywood now.....!
very very good thread....!free speech yeeheh.!

'Alert'

Post by 'Alert' » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:49 am

A Tarantino direction would be choice.

Kill Ron and Kill Ron II

The premise of elron's life flashing before his eyes as he lays in agony in his BlueBird Motorhome, reliving all the events that have been documented leading right back to his days with Thompson up to the point when his Will was hastily redrafted just before his murder..OOPS! I mean his 'dropping his body'.
"If anyone talks about a "road to Freedom" he is talking about a linear line. This, then, must have boundaries. If there are boundaries there is no freedom." - Dianetics 55

Fred Durks

Post by Fred Durks » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:08 am

Roan wrote:Here's a post I made here last year outlining an opening idea about how the movie might be written.
Roan wrote:The movie starts in present time (1982). The camera pans across the So Cal desert and comes upon a Bluebird Mobile Home. Inside we see Hubbard at the end of his life: long hair, a wife beater T-shirt, a syringe sticking out of his ass, categorically insane, scratching himself all over as he screams about body thetans, etc. etc.

DISSOLVE TO:

The 40 year old Hubbard, pounding away at a typewriter, with a cigarette dangling from his lip and a gleam in his eye...

The movie then chronicles Ron and Scientology from the advent of Dianetics on. A sort of mix between P.T. Barnum, Elmer Gantry, Jake LaMotta (Raging Bull) and Adolph Hitler.
FUCK! THIS WOULD BE A SWEET MOVIE.

Then from the early 1950's go all the way up through the Scientology South Park episode with everyone shouting "hail xenu!"

oooh, this would be a cool movie.

I really don't think there's a way you could F it up no matter how you went on it.
www.scientologyvideos.com
www.scientomogy.com/the_bridge.php
www.scientomogy.com/jeremy_perkins.php
www.scientomogy.com/southpark_scientology.php
[url=http://www.scientomogy.com/keith_henson.php][img]http://www.scientomogy.com/z.jpg[/img][/url]

Loyal Officer

Post by Loyal Officer » Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:38 pm

Don't forget a cheesy World War II chase of a Japanese "sub" off the coast of California during the war, when he was captain of a small antisubmarine patrol vessel. The "sub" was actually just a big iron deposit about which he was already briefed... I think some sailors under his command got hurt during this fiasco.

He gets his ass royally chewed out and is relieved of command. Depression sets in. Then he has his nervous breakdown, and then while "resting" some place quiet for a while, he comes up with Dianetics. Then slowly he just starts making up battles and medals for himself, compounding the lies, such that by 1970 or so he is one of the greatest heroes in the history of the US Navy!

Perfect segue to the founding of the Sea Org, by the way. Hubbard creating his very own SS.

You have to have many, many scenes of him typing to show the sheer volume of the stuff he put out. Big montages of him typing - thousands of pages - almost like Nicholson in The Shining.

All Thetans and no play make LRon a dull boy...

Just some ideas.

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:07 pm

For this story I like the Citizen Kane model. This gives the opportunity to present different points of view with a narrative that overlaps as it progresses.

In addition to that I would like it in the style of directors like Altman and Fellini, where the story is presented in a series of vignettes and where the advancement of a plot becomes secondary or dropped completely.

This is a difficult style to pull off effectively and it is less commercially successful than plot driven movies. Still, I feel that this type of treatment of this story, if done well, would be very effective.

Another advantage to this approach is that photographs, film clips and sound track elements of the actual people and events involved could be woven into the production.
“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

ron's hat

Post by ron's hat » Tue May 29, 2007 7:42 am

This is a story that lends itself to..say...three different but related story lines..ala 'Traffic"

No. 1 would be a story abiout Ron and his descent into insanity

No. 2 would be story of Arnie and Suzette

No. 3 would be the story of a typical scammed, brainwashed and ruined scientologist who yet because of his belief in himself and his belief in the inherent decency of man and his ability to rise up over any and all obstacles, well then he leaves scientology and he rises up over the ruination and brainwashing, and not only that...he also gets the girl in the end....hmm......hey!...that's me!!! :D

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Tue May 29, 2007 8:48 am

Jack Smalley was the editor of True Confessions magazine.

This is a short scene. The formatting is off, but you will get the drift of this I'm sure.

INT. OFFICE - DAY

Jack Smalley sits at his desk with Lafayette, a young red haired man sitting in a smaller chair. He has an anxious hungry look on his face. Jack is looking through a manuscript.

JACK
This isn't half bad, uh . . .

LAFFY
Ron.

JACK
Ron. It's pretty good. I could swear I've read something like it
before though.

LAFFY
Oh, no, sir. I doubt that. See, it's my own original work. I even
have it copyrighted.

JACK
Fine. Fine. Well, I wouldn't use this anyway. It's good but it isn't
exactly per out guidelines.

He reaches down opens a drawer and pulls out a small sheaf of paper that's stapled into a small book.

JACK (Cont.)
Here. This will tell you just what kind of thing we publish. Write
something that fits these guidelines and bring it in so I can
have a look at it. Can you have something in the next ten
days?

A bead of sweat rolls down Laffy's forehead.

LAFFY
Ten days? Yes, I suppose I can. Can you suggest where I can
do some research for the stories?

JACK
Research? What do you want to do research for? Just make it
up. That's what all our writers do.

LAFFY
But your magazine is called True Confessions. Don't you want
your stories to be true?

JACK
Look, uh . . .

LAFFY
Ron.

JACK
Ron, it's like this: What's true for you is what's true.
“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

truthseeker

Post by truthseeker » Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:58 pm

its already been done in the star wars films, Hubbard is the evil emperor and miscavidge is darth vader

ron's hat

Post by ron's hat » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:18 pm

truthseeker wrote:its already been done in the star wars films, Hubbard is the evil emperor and miscavidge is darth vader
I can see MissCabbage as perhaps...Dark Helmet....but I don't quite see him as Darth Vadar.

RedPill

LRH Movie Script

Post by RedPill » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:23 am

I would do the LRH movie in the style of an episode of "The Twilight Zone".

LRH, buying into his own BS, would, in fact, achieve some extraordinary powers, but would mainly succeed in going increasingly insane. The final scene would be after he is dead, where he encounters Xenu, who proceeds to lock him up in some sort of electronic cage with an "eternal battery".

Pete

caroline

Post by caroline » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:44 am

There's a good stack of credible historical literature, certainly enough to support a sizzler of a docu-drama with international spies in a WWII setting, a cast of occult intelligence figures, global intrigue, money, sex, rockets, power, corruption, black magic and the religion angle.

With an eye toward finally ending all this speculation about how Hubbard came to rise above the bank, I could get behind a project like that.

Here's a teaser for the sequel:
http://www.gerryarmstrong.org/50grand/f ... ising.html
Freeware. No sound.

Serviceykh

Sat Jan 12 2008 1 44 am

Post by Serviceykh » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:40 pm

Could hypocrisy also be thinking you are humble but instead are delusional with pride?

Return to “L Ron Hubbard: The Movie”