Probably off topic: I have a "What Is Scientology" VHS

Share your ideas and contributions on how to make the site better. This is also where you can get ideas on how you can contribute. Got some skills, resources or spare time?
d1684

Probably off topic: I have a "What Is Scientology" VHS

Post by d1684 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:38 am

Probably off topic: I have a "What Is Scientology" VHS from 1986. There's one scene in there where the "interviewer" (i.e. good Scientology zombie) asks Elron about the costs of Scientology to which Elron replies in true Orwellian fashion about some courses being free, and others "cost more". How much is more than free? A penny? A million dollars? lol. I don't think that quip is in the colorized version. Plus the video has a much more "cultic" feel about it. The opening sequence has a shirtless bust of Hubbard while Roman trumpet music blasts away. Then the zombie Scilon introduces the video and says how great L.Ron was. musician, philosopher, photographer, explorer (and apparently emperor of Rome from the opening sequence). That part isn't in the new color version either. :xenu:

If anyone wants it, I'll gladly send it to you. I don't have time or resources to digitize it.
"[If] anyone wants a monopoly on Dianetics, be assured that he wants it for reasons which have to do not with dianetics but with profit." —Dianetics by L.Ron Hubbard..who made $640 million dollars from Dianetics. Just a Coincidence.

skeptic2girl

Re: Probably off topic: I have a "What Is Scientology" VHS

Post by skeptic2girl » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:51 am

d1684 wrote:Probably off topic: I have a "What Is Scientology" VHS from 1986. There's one scene in there where the "interviewer" (i.e. good Scientology zombie) asks Elron about the costs of Scientology to which Elron replies in true Orwellian fashion about some courses being free, and others "cost more". How much is more than free? A penny? A million dollars? lol. I don't think that quip is in the colorized version. Plus the video has a much more "cultic" feel about it. The opening sequence has a shirtless bust of Hubbard while Roman trumpet music blasts away. Then the zombie Scilon introduces the video and says how great L.Ron was. musician, philosopher, photographer, explorer (and apparently emperor of Rome from the opening sequence). That part isn't in the new color version either. :xenu:

If anyone wants it, I'll gladly send it to you. I don't have time or resources to digitize it.
Why on earth would you want to get rid of it? Upgrading to Blu-Ray? :wink:

magoo1

Post by magoo1 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:05 am

I'll take it, if no one else wants it.

I still use VHS (gack! I know---old school)...but I have a very

difficult DVD player, so still haven't made a full change over.

Let me know, please.

Best :alien:

Tory/Magoo

d1684

Post by d1684 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:57 pm

skeptic2girl wrote:Why on earth would you want to get rid of it? Upgrading to Blu-Ray? :wink:
No, I just want someone to make good use of it, like soundbytes for YouTube. I have too many things to do already, and I figured someone here would know how to best utilize it. :wink:
"[If] anyone wants a monopoly on Dianetics, be assured that he wants it for reasons which have to do not with dianetics but with profit." —Dianetics by L.Ron Hubbard..who made $640 million dollars from Dianetics. Just a Coincidence.

Return to “Improving & Developing Operation Clambake”