Let's revitalize this board

Share your ideas and contributions on how to make the site better. This is also where you can get ideas on how you can contribute. Got some skills, resources or spare time?
duhast1

Let's revitalize this board

Post by duhast1 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:42 pm

My presence here goes back many years, though I have not been here constantly. And just for the record, I am a "never been", although in my younger years I almost became a Jehovah's Witness.

I recently returned here after an absence of about 2 years, and am dismayed at how dead the board is. Most old-timers are gone and not a lot of people post.

Sure would like to see an increase of participation, both from the old timers as well as new blood.

Let the enturbulation begin...
I'm worth a million in prizes.

Don Carlo

Re: Let's revitalize this board

Post by Don Carlo » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:30 pm

I remember when the whole board crashed in the year 2000, when I was Don_Carlo. For days I tried to get back on, and then one day I could, and I saw every post from 1996 to 2000 had vanished. There was an empty message board and nobody was posting new content. It was a ghost town. I realized somebody had to write something, so I started creating new threads, encouraging people to post. Then when the regulars checked in there was something new to read, the site looked normal, and THEY started posting again. We were a major center of news and comment back then, as alt-religion.scientology had become infested with spam and trolls. So, I thought it was key that we came back to life.

There were other times when a troll or prickly smart ass came on the board and I would give them a little time and space to prove their worth or lack thereof. When they turned out to be assholes, I'd debate them hard, sometimes for two weeks straight, and they'd usually give up and disappear. I wasn't a mod then.

I don't live in LA or Clearwater and don't personally know any news-worthy Scientologists, only my own relative who threw money and labor into the Scientology rat-hole instead of saving for retirement. I have to remain anonymous, so I can't become a reporter like Tony O, or an interviewer like Leah Remini. We had several people here who did projects like "songbird" getting the LA fire department to inspect Sea Org triple-bunk, locked-emergency-door residences. Their living conditions violated even the basic square footage per person, bathroom, emergency exit, and safety rules for migrant farm workers!

Occasionally I can write a scoop, like when the evening news reported Sheriff Lee Baca was under FBI investigation for multiple abuses and corruption in Los Angeles County, and I remembered he was a pal of Scientology, in their parade and at their events. Someone here read my posts and immediately repeated the news on the Underground Bunker reader comments, so it got widespread awareness in the critic community. That was what I wanted.

duhast1

Post by duhast1 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:07 pm

IIRC, I started about 2011 as duhast, then in 2015 had to become duhast1. I come and go because I think I'm obsessive-compulsive/ADD. That means I laser focus for a while, then disappear. I did a protest at Tustin several years ago, had a fantastic time, but even with the care I thought I took, I found a letter and DVD at my door not long after. Didn't do more protests, but sure as hell would react differently now, what with the security lights and cameras up. :twisted:

HAIL XENU!
I'm worth a million in prizes.

dutchanon9

Post by dutchanon9 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:46 pm

Hi everyone,
I'm new here. First I'd like to thank you all for not just turning a blind eye and let a cult take over the world ;) .

Where I live the situation with Scientology is getting a little out of hand...well a lot actually.

They have build a Scientology-school here in The Netherlands.
It has been there for a while but I never new about it until they opened the new church.

I think Scientology is dangerous for everyone don't get me wrong. But little kids getting indoctrinated by this cult makes me sad and sick.

So I decided my first part in getting Scientology "Down" was making a petition to close the Scientology-school (or change it to a normal school of course).

And that is exactly what I did. So if you have some spare time and want to leave a vote it would be really nice.

There is a Dutch and a English version.

Dutch: www.petities24.com/een_scientology_school_kan_echt_niet

English : www.petitions24.com/say_no_to_school_of ... _amsterdam

For those who sign it; Thanks! And let me know if I can return the favor somehow.

Have a great day!

-Dutchanon9

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:43 am

Hi, Dutch Anon. Your English is excellent. When you get three posts approved you become a regular poster. I disapproved a post of your by mistake while deleting a bunch of spam, but luckily it was the same text as this post. Sorry and I'll know your name next time. I am away from the board for hours and sometimes days when I travel, but I have been moderating for years and I will return to the board when I can.

Return to “Improving & Developing Operation Clambake”