HOLY S**T, Freewinds cleanup May 2010

Information about the CoS cruise ship.
OTBT

HOLY S**T, Freewinds cleanup May 2010

Post by OTBT » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:44 am

Lots of photos here. As far as I can tell from the photos, paying scientology
customers are cleaning up the Freewinds, and climbing up and down the
outside of the ship. Seriously, what the heck?

http://picasaweb.google.com/10338760589 ... /Freewinds#

Here's a few of the photos

magoo1

Re: HOLY S**T, Freewinds cleanup May 2010

Post by magoo1 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:02 am

Wow---great shots, thank you!

Are these Sea Org doing this, or people they've hired?

For those never "in" Scientology's Sea Org, they often have to do physical labor
like this, or way worse. Mark Headly told me about how David Misvavige ordered
ALL of the Sea Org to take buckets (with no face covers as here) and Scoop
up the football field or more of Crap (literally) that had over flowed.

Mark also said it was truly sick as he *could* have just rented a bulldozer
and had it done in half a day. As it was, it took days, and Mark has some
physical problem with breathing, now, because of inhaling those fumes.

SICK SCIENTOLOGY--_TRULY SICK.

Tory/Magoo

maarten

Post by maarten » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:24 pm

Yeah, OTBT , that's the way it comes across from the snaps. If you look closely, it sure doesn't look like it is something that they would willingly choose to be doing. In two pics there is a sea orger/crew member who seems to be instructing them.
The way they are dressed would seem to indicate that they are not hired workers.
If they are the same people pictured in the dining area and in the other photos then they must be paying guests.

It doesn't make sense, in a normal world anyway. :shock:
But, then again, I guess the guests on the Freewinds forego some of their rights also. Gullible people being financially abused and made to work their passge also. :evil:

Maybe there is some other explanation; I hope there is ; if only not to see these peple as being demeaned.

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:59 pm

They could be making amends for somehow disappointing CoS, or they could be "earning" their right to pay $$$ for the next level.

OTBT

Post by OTBT » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:11 am

The most likely explanation, provided in the WWP thread on this.

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/291-scie ... ost1361636
These are paying public. Probably doing the "Competence and Leadership Convention" that the Freewinds offers. They have you do physical work and drills on the ship. Amazing that the cult can get its members to not only work for free but pay to work.

Alternate explanation, provided in the ESMB thread on this, a copy of a 2009 e-mail.

http://forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=5 ... ostcount=6
Dear Scientologist,

The Freewinds is currently mid an exciting historical and nautical restoration project in preparation for upcoming releases and we are giving Scientologists an opportunity to be a part of this!

For this project, we are looking for volunteers who have skills in construction, carpentry, welding, tiling and electrical. However any gung-ho Scientologist who is on-purpose, willing and able to do MEST work will do! All those participating need to be at least 18 years of age.

By being a part of this project, you will also be awarded room and board plus 2½ hours of study daily on the Basic Books and Lecture courses in the Freewinds public course-room! Also, you will be acknowledged and recognized for your contributions to the Freewinds and towards our goal of an OT civilization.

Please fill out the following questionnaire:

I am interested in working as a volunteer on-board the Freewinds and would like to get more information. Yes ___ No ___
I am ___ years old.
I would like to work on MEST work related projects. Yes ___ No ___
I would like to work on the clerical/admin projects. Yes ___ No ___
Also, I have the following skills and experience.
These are some people I would think would be interested (name, address, e-mail and phone numbers).
If you have any questions please get in comm with Jes Varrall at freewinds (at) freewinds.org or call me at 727 445 4309. Please send in your arrival date and any questions you may have on what is needed for you to arrive. We look forward to seeing you on board!

ARC, Jes Varrall

© 2009 CSFSSO. All Rights Reserved. FREEWINDS and OT are trademarks and service marks owned by Religious Technology Center and are used with its permission. SCIENTOLOGIST is a collective membership mark designating members of the affiliated churches and missions of Scientology. Freewinds ship is registered in Panama. Printed in the USA.

Email to freewinds (at) freewinds.org to be removed from our mailing list or to give us your change of address.

Flag Ship Service Organization, 118 N. Fort Harrison Ave, Clearwater FL 33755, USA.

OTBT

Post by OTBT » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:07 pm

OK, looks like we have confirmation that the Hungarians were paying customers,
doing the Freewinds Leadership & Competence workshop.

From an e-mail leaked earlier by Pooks:

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/123-leak ... ost1217577
To: freewinds@freewinds.org
Subject: FREEWINDS CONVENTIONS SCHEDULE / Don't miss them! From: Adriana Zuluaga, Dir Clearing
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2010

Hello,

Be cause over your future and be hatted by coming to our upcoming conventions.

Did you know that on April 15th & April 22nd we will have our incredible Ethics & Finance convention and in April 29th our International
Artist and Int TWTH conventions?.

Come to your OT ship for our famous conventions and to complete your Basics courses faster in the most distraction free theta
environment. Use the FSM games to win awards and commissions! Let meknow what assistance do you need to join and bring your
selectees to the Freewinds.

ML,

Dir Clearing

FREEWINDS ON BOARD CONVENTION SCHEDULE

28 April - 12 May Leadership & Competence Convention
Floor ripping up photos posted earlier were taken on May 8, 2010

Here's some earlier promo for this, also leaked by Pooks in the same WWP thread

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2798/444 ... 72c6_o.jpg

Also, here is a related thread, about a bunch of Taiwanese doing MEST work for a Freewinds Leadership & Competence workshop last
month. Some of the MEST work (physical labor) included doing some manual labor in the Freewinds engine room.

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/291-scie ... ion-74073/

viewtopic.php?f=282&t=33325

OTBT

Post by OTBT » Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:38 am

More photos of the same group of Hungarians.

You can find a lot more photos from Nora Body's Public Gallery on Picasa

http://picasaweb.google.com/NoraBody

Here's a sample of the photos.

May 14, 2010

http://picasaweb.google.com/NoraBody/20 ... 1020776146

http://picasaweb.google.com/NoraBody/20 ... 8237314066

There seems to be quite few people on board the Freewinds in the dining room. May 15, 2010

http://picasaweb.google.com/NoraBody/20 ... 1393106450

duhast

Post by duhast » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:47 pm

Just to be fair, in the broadest context of a 'church' and 'volunteers' this work party is not outside the norm, really. I mean, most real churches don't have their own cruise ships, but there are certainly times when half the congregation turns out to paint the building or put in new carpet...
I'm worth a million in prizes.

Smurf

Post by Smurf » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:54 pm

duhast wrote:Just to be fair, in the broadest context of a 'church' and 'volunteers' this work party is not outside the norm, really. I mean, most real churches don't have their own cruise ships, but there are certainly times when half the congregation turns out to paint the building or put in new carpet...
However, you miss the point that these Scilons had to pay several thousand dollars apiece for the opportunity to "contribute" their time to this labor.

duhast

Post by duhast » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:03 pm

Smurf wrote:
duhast wrote:Just to be fair, in the broadest context of a 'church' and 'volunteers' this work party is not outside the norm, really. I mean, most real churches don't have their own cruise ships, but there are certainly times when half the congregation turns out to paint the building or put in new carpet...
However, you miss the point that these Scilons had to pay several thousand dollars apiece for the opportunity to "contribute" their time to this labor.

Well, yeah, there is that...

skeptic2girl

Post by skeptic2girl » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:07 pm

Plus, this looks to be a nasty clean-up. At most churches I've been to, church "work" days include things like gardening. Any other work is done by someone who receives money for their time and labor.

Kind of alarming that the people would be wearing those surgical masks, since knowing the Co$, flimsy little masks like that would only be handed out when HazMat suits would be the appropriate thing...

PikeHead

Post by PikeHead » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:42 am

skeptic2girl wrote:Plus, this looks to be a nasty clean-up. At most churches I've been to, church "work" days include things like gardening. Any other work is done by someone who receives money for their time and labor.

Kind of alarming that the people would be wearing those surgical masks, since knowing the Co$, flimsy little masks like that would only be handed out when HazMat suits would be the appropriate thing...
I had family that literally came within 100 feet of being wiped out by recent tornadoes in the Midwest. The church and rectory and other buildings down the street not so lucky. Family, neighbors and non members came to the rescue immediately to help. This church did Not charge any of them a penny for their "help". If they had, the entire community and state politicians would have been in an uproar as well as media.

As well, any hazardous conditions or work required by professionals would have been in place.

But then, Scientology is "special" and above all that, isn't it?
Head on a Pike: Scientology (glossary): A person's head removed and put on a pike (a weapon formerly used by foot soldiers consisting of a metal spearhead on a long wooden shaft). Used figuratively to mean an example of discipline.

skeptic2girl

Post by skeptic2girl » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:56 am

PikeHead wrote:
skeptic2girl wrote:Plus, this looks to be a nasty clean-up. At most churches I've been to, church "work" days include things like gardening. Any other work is done by someone who receives money for their time and labor.

I had family that literally came within 100 feet of being wiped out by recent tornadoes in the Midwest. The church and rectory and other buildings down the street not so lucky. Family, neighbors and non members came to the rescue immediately to help. This church did Not charge any of them a penny for their "help". If they had, the entire community and state politicians would have been in an uproar as well as media.

As well, any hazardous conditions or work required by professionals would have been in place.

But then, Scientology is "special" and above all that, isn't it?
I think we're on the same page here, Pikehead -- but I just want to be clear that I was talking about work church members do to enhance their own church. Naturally, they would NEVER charge other people for services when the members volunteered to help out someone else.

duhast

Post by duhast » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:47 pm

I'm not trying to pull a gotcha, and it could be from a different event, but that letter/form OTBT posted says you get room and board, as well as study time...

Grassyknoll

Post by Grassyknoll » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:53 am

magoo1 wrote:Wow---great shots, thank you!

Are these Sea Org doing this, or people they've hired?

For those never "in" Scientology's Sea Org, they often have to do physical labor
like this, or way worse. Mark Headly told me about how David Misvavige ordered
ALL of the Sea Org to take buckets (with no face covers as here) and Scoop
up the football field or more of Crap (literally) that had over flowed.

Mark also said it was truly sick as he *could* have just rented a bulldozer
and had it done in half a day. As it was, it took days, and Mark has some
physical problem with breathing, now, because of inhaling those fumes.

SICK SCIENTOLOGY--_TRULY SICK.

Tory/Magoo
Miscavige is a sadist. This is why he had all these people do this. Truly sickening.
If you are not part of the solution, then you are part of the problem.

Return to “Freewinds”