Stopped by St. Louis Church of Scientology-Empty

free_for_real

Stopped by St. Louis Church of Scientology-Empty

Post by free_for_real » Sun Sep 19, 2004 7:52 pm

I left a while back for the mid west and decided to stop by as many churches and missions as possible.

When I was in St. Louis, I asked many people I met if they'd ever heard of Scientology and every person I asked said "NO".

I went by the org. three cars in the lot. No one coming or going. This was Saturday afternoon one day.

Then went back Sunday afternoon, two cars, no one coming or going.

free_for_real

Post by free_for_real » Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:46 am

Friend stopped by on their way through a while back, still no activity.

They said one person was on the purification but thought it was a staff member.

don_carlo

Post by don_carlo » Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:44 am

Some cars might even be non-Scientologists taking advantage of the parking lot.

free_for_real

Post by free_for_real » Thu Dec 16, 2004 4:22 pm

DC, I hadn't thought of that, you are probably right.

drew_il882

Post by drew_il882 » Fri Dec 31, 2004 8:18 am

Hi there everyone! I'm new, but I've been learning more about Scientology lately on the Internet via pro- and anti-Scientology websites. I have to say that I'm appalled to say the least! Anyway, I thought I would give input in this thread, as the St. Louis Org is the closest to me.

I actually live about 20-30 minutes by car from the St. Louis Org, but over the past summer, I heard a couple of radio advertisements for Scientology on one of the conservative talk radio stations I listen to. I don't know if this has anything to do specifically with the St. Louis Org or if it was done by the main headquarters out in LA. Either way, I thought it was interesting. Any thoughts on this?

free_for_real

Post by free_for_real » Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:02 am

Drew, most likely it was a local thing. Management usually just tells the orgs what they have to do, they don't usually set it up or pay for it.

The last several times I'd been to or my friends stopped by St. Louis, they were totally dead.

Also, if you haven't already, read some of the stories on the main page and also on this message board.

Even though they may sound unbelievable, I'm here to tell you, it happened to me.

If you are in the area, you might check out the cas (or lack of cars) in their parking lot.

drew_il882

Post by drew_il882 » Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:44 am

Yeah, the time that I went by it several years ago, I remember it being completely dead then too, and everything they claim says that the local orgs are always bustling with activity all day every day. It's clearly a crock.

Plus, yeah, while I find it hard to believe, with as many stories as are out there about it, I can't help but believe it's true that this is a destructive organization. I'm glad you came out and pray the best for you!:)

free_for_real

Post by free_for_real » Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:18 pm

Drew, you are correct. And thank you for your good wishes.

I wish the best for you, as well.

escapee

Post by escapee » Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:59 am

The StL org was at the top of its form in 1970-1972 before they moved up the street into a huge, cold building with 4 parking spaces. The org had problems there from day 1 and never recovered. I was there for 3 years. They had to move several times. That does not demonstrate stability. Many of the people I was on staff with have gone up the Bridge or joined other Scn-front organizations.

I'll be going to StL next October and hope to find a cemetery.

Return to “Missouri”