questions

Share your personal experiences with others. We're not here to judge or criticise, but to share and support.

Moderator: Dorothy

mickwenlock

Post by mickwenlock » Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:02 pm

jonny wrote:Why half heartedly???? I'll tell you, because in the beginning, I really thought I had found something. My personal experience was and is, to not trust anything. The first two years, I refused to call it a church, because of past experiences. When I said that it seemed that everyone involved was a success story, that's EXACTLY what I meant, I didn't once come on this site, telling anyone that Scientology had all the answers. I came asking questions. The reason for that was because I was coming to the conclusion that I had to make a decision one way or another. Either go for it or stop.
Hey thanks for the background stuff! OK - here's a question - how do you KNOW that everyone involved was a success story? This may seem like a slightly silly question but there are a couple of things involved here.

No scientologist who is currently on-lines is going to say that his or her life has turned to garbage since getting into Scientology.

Now why is that? Even if they believed that things would work out in the end - everyone has been an amazing success story since they first dropped in? This is a little like MLM emails that promise that everyone can make money without doing anything at all.

How many of these people did you know BEFORE they got into Scientology? How many of them no longer talk with family members? How many of them have huge debts? Is there any way you could even know?

I suspect thatyou have been bombarded with the wins that start off with things like "Scientology saved my life.." - believe me anyone who has been in an org has heard that line a million times. If you actually check what life threatening circumstances they were in - it is usually the fact that they were told by a Scientology Reg or FSM that they were heading for ruin - thus Scientology "saved" them from something that it was busy saying was going to happen...
Maybe you have it all figured out, but I don't. I'm learning as much as I can from this site so I can make an informed decision. So far the people on this site have been very helpful, but to make the assumption that I wear rose colored glasses is an insult. If that was the case, I never would have come here. I'm doing nothing more than trying to find my own way.
You are correct, it is an insult but there again you are the one promoting a picture that can only be seen through rose colored glasses. I was in Scientology for 13 years the only way to have come to the conclusion that "everyone" was a success story is to have only listened to the boasting and never once actually look.

I have seen and met with people who have done well in Scientology. My main beef with the "Church" is not that it exists or that I think it is full of crap it is that it deliberately sets out to deceive people to get them to come in and it continues to practice that deception for as long as it can.

If it were up front and honest about its beliefs, up front about the sort of commitment it requires and upfront about the dangers I would be a lot less uneasy about it.

jonny

Post by jonny » Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:48 am

First off, I want to thank each and every person who posted here. I've learned so much from you guys that I can't thank you enough, especially those that pm'd me. In a sence today kinda sucks because I've realized that something I thought was good is just a load of garbage. Oh well, I'll get over it.

A couple of personal thank you's to Merlin and the guy who said I was wearing rose colored glasses. Haha, I was WILD when you said that, but I understand now. I'm going to just stop answering any phone calls, and let bygones be bygones. There's a couple more, but I forget your names, sorry.

I'm going to keep visiting this site, but I won't post anything, because I don't have any of the negative experiences that can help people, once again, that's probably because of you guys. Like I said, it sucks to realize the truth about something, actually, that's a lie. I'm very glad I found out now, as opposed to later, when I've spent who knows how much. Anyways, thanks again for all your help, and I'll see ya later!!!!! Cheers!!!!

Ltricha1

Post by Ltricha1 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:58 am

jonny wrote:First off, I want to thank each and every person who posted here. I've learned so much from you guys that I can't thank you enough, especially those that pm'd me. In a sence today kinda sucks because I've realized that something I thought was good is just a load of garbage. Oh well, I'll get over it.
Don't be to hard on yourself. Remember that cults look for intelligent & creative people. You can't get blood from a stone. Think of this as a learning experience. You have seen evil and now you will be more able to recoginze it. Yes, $cientology is evil.
jonny wrote:A couple of personal thank you's to Merlin and the guy who said I was wearing rose colored glasses. Haha, I was WILD when you said that, but I understand now. I'm going to just stop answering any phone calls, and let bygones be bygones. There's a couple more, but I forget your names, sorry.

I'm going to keep visiting this site, but I won't post anything, because I don't have any of the negative experiences that can help people, once again, that's probably because of you guys. Like I said, it sucks to realize the truth about something, actually, that's a lie. I'm very glad I found out now, as opposed to later, when I've spent who knows how much. Anyways, thanks again for all your help, and I'll see ya later!!!!! Cheers!!!!
It doesn't always take negative experiences to understand how to help people. I take knowledge.

Finally welcome home to the real world. Anger, disappointment, sadness, are all healthy emotions and are to be expected when someone has fallen prey to the evil that abounds in people and organizations like $cientology. (No not all $cientologist are evil). Just don't let them dominate your life, which I doubt you will do, and remember who deserves caused that anger, disappointment and/or sadness. Partly it was your fault for falling for the scam. Partly, say .0001%, but the rest of the blame, ie 99.999% of it falls on the shoulders of those who are perpetuating the scam that is $cientology.

Good journey to you. I do sincerely hope you will join us here, do not be afraid to post.
[url=http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?p=220008#220008]$cientology's real product[/url]
[url=http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?t=16563]Read[/url]
Tech is the Carrot,
Admin is the Cart,
Ethics is the whip,
Guess who the Horses are.

Ladybird

Post by Ladybird » Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:34 pm

Jonny, As others have said, don't be too hard on yourself, and try not to become cynical about the world just because you have learned the hard way that not everyone has your best interests at heart.

You were scammed, and I think it is important to grieve for the loss of a dream you believed in.

It is not important how many times you get knocked down, what matters is how many times you get back up.

There is truth and love in this world, and I hope you will find it.

My best to you, Ladybird

jonny

Re: questions

Post by jonny » Sun May 04, 2014 2:02 am

I'm bumping this up for one reason only. I want all you critics to understand how important of a role you play. You guys got me out, all by yourselves. For that, I can't thank you enough. It took you guys one week. I wish some of these posters were still around so I could give a proper thank you

Ron Mower

Post by Ron Mower » Sat May 10, 2014 8:24 am

And you in turn jonny are helping others!

I'mglib

Post by I'mglib » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:11 am

jonny wrote:I'm bumping this up for one reason only. I want all you critics to understand how important of a role you play. You guys got me out, all by yourselves. For that, I can't thank you enough. It took you guys one week. I wish some of these posters were still around so I could give a proper thank you
Jonny, so glad you came back to inform us that you're well and you're out.

It's good to know that this message board, and all the others, have helped people get out. I think it's much easier these days because there are more exes than ever, and the exes can help people who are on the fence--or halfway over.

Back when you first posted here I think it was a little rougher and people were probably more direct, with less diplomacy and patience. But you still managed, so that's good to know. Thanks for posting.
"A man may build himself a throne of bayonets, but he cannot sit on it." -William Ralph Inge

Watch the Los Angeles press conference here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ScilonTV#p/

Return to “Your story from inside Scientology”