Really Rebuilding Your Life

Share your personal experiences with others. We're not here to judge or criticise, but to share and support.

Moderator: Dorothy

chad
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by chad » Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:57 am

I have been considering donating my books and lectures to the FZ center here in Copenhagen. I find it really hard to burn books and destroy tapes in large numbers (althought I earlier today suggested we make a global bon-fire).
Public bonfires, or even public announcements, of book burning is probably not a good idea what with the Hitler and Fahrenheit 451 connotations. Besides, book burning is not a good idea ecologically :)

After checking to see if you have any 'valuable' editions (in terms of later changes to the sekrit-skripchas), creating a worm-farm (with time-lapse pictures please) might be the way to go.

As for the tapes I know of nothing that can be done with them. Looks like the landfill solution is the best. Maybe future generations of archaelogists will dig them up, play them and wonder what sort of primitive intelligence created them ?

no_8c_now
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by no_8c_now » Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:54 pm

Cult busting attorney Ford Greene has a large collection of Scn stuff and is always looking for more. You might see if he is interested in anything you got.

no_8c_now

Post by no_8c_now » Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:00 pm

You could also sell them on ebay with a description of WHY you are selling it and perhaps one or two helpful links. An effective dissemination tool and also the buyer has the chance to find out the truth before buying the lies. Their choice.

James

Post by James » Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:27 pm

Yeah,,
EBAY is a great idea!!

James

barky

Post by barky » Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:50 am

Who'd want this crap? I mean seriously? Beyond critics, who probably have most of their own stuff (I don't own any of the highly-coveted pre-1986 version of anything), who in the world would want this stuff?

Can I convince the board to ease up on the anti-Scn criticism and let them get some newcomers so I can offload this junk at higher prices?? :twisted:

Didn't think so. I'll take one for the team here. :wink:

Barky

Ball of Fluff

Post by Ball of Fluff » Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:58 am

Got any Scn jewelry?

Hubbard's Mushroom

Post by Hubbard's Mushroom » Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:37 am

Besides a clear bracelet, what other kind
of jewelry would a scieno wear?

A Choker?

A Dog Collar?

An electronically monitored ankle bracelet?

Hubbard's Mushroom

Post by Hubbard's Mushroom » Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:40 am

Nazi electronic ear implants?

no_8c_now

Post by no_8c_now » Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:35 am

I've got a gold Clear bracelet that I must've spent over 2K for. Interested?

Hubbard's Mushroom

Post by Hubbard's Mushroom » Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:46 am

I hope that someday your gold bracelet will
end up in a museum of weird old-timey outdated
defunct cult artifacts.

Sarah

Post by Sarah » Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:59 am

A gold Clear bracelet where the Scientology logo is in an open oval ring.

At the juveler I can get 1/100 of the price I payed for it. Another option is to have the Scn logo removed. Then it would just be a bracelet with a golden oval ring.

Sarah

Ball of Fluff

Post by Ball of Fluff » Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:45 pm

A ring.

K'Z'K

Post by K'Z'K » Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:41 pm

I'd love a Clear bracelet or other items if anyone really wants to get rid of theirs... I'd even be willing to pay a bit (to cover the cost of the material itself and any shipping, perhaps rounded up).... Same goes for books, too, though shipping may make that a little silly.

-K'Z'K

StevieRayFan

Post by StevieRayFan » Sat Nov 05, 2005 2:00 am

I suppose that there are some valid arguments to be made for not burning your scientology paraphernalia.

Truth be told, for me, it was very therapeutic because of the finality of it. There’s something about watching a thing which is harmful to you burn and turn to ashes…

Several nights before the “ritual�, via email I had offered the material to my sister, a scientologist then, and who remains in. There was (to be sure) an element of sarcasm in my email in that I told her I was going to burn the stuff if she didn’t want it… but my offer to give the materials to her was genuine and if she accepted I would have UPSed the boxes to her. She sent back the typical, canned, “I will not receive any more antipathetic communication from you�, in response… hence the pictures and subsequent burning.

Environmentally, ecologically, politically, those particular materials in this particular part of the world, needed burning… It was the farthest thing away from Nazi book burnings that there could possibly ever be. The Nazi book burnings were the result of brainwashing.

My particular book burning was symbolic of a decision to end an eggshell relationship with a scientologist family member who always hung disconnection over me. It was my way of, “sticking it to the man�. I remember I was actually teary-eyed while sitting around and watching the flames well into that evening. I recall saying to myself, “that’s it, finally, with this shit�. The fire was entirely composed of junk we would not take with us to the new house… stuff we’d leave behind forever… including the firewood.

It was a great night, symbolic of change in a time when we (the wife and I) were moving forward and on to new things. Those “new things� are now a year later, here and now.

My best wishes to all who are out, and my very best to those on the journey out! My little book-burning stunt was 24 years after walking away from scientology. Family members remaining in, will likely retard the growth you can make, due to the fact that you love them, but in no way will it detract you and in the end you will make a decision which will cut you free once and for all.

As my old ‘Genie’ friend 20 – plus years ago, Carla, ex SO, used to say…

Peace.

umike

Post by umike » Sat Nov 05, 2005 2:17 am

I'd be interested in sterling silver only. (mens or ladies) Clear/OT bracelet.
not junky gift store stuff.
being in the art business...I collect lots of crazy shit.....
send me a PM

fair price paid

Mike

Return to “Your story from inside Scientology”