Really Rebuilding Your Life

Share your personal experiences with others. We're not here to judge or criticise, but to share and support.

Moderator: Dorothy

Sarah

Post by Sarah » Sat Nov 05, 2005 2:52 am

Steve

Sounds like it did you good to burn those books and papers.

Getting physical stuff out of the world for good is a great way to close the door to something that isn't good for you. I hope I one day will able to do the same.

Sarah

StevieRayFan
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by StevieRayFan » Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:16 am

Edit: This is my experience. Removing things creates a vacuum for other things.

Packrats keep everything as if they’d loose something. But packrats, as we know, don’t gain much, except past stuff. They hang to the past with their past stuff.

In my life… just as strongly as anything I ever believed… letting go of past stuff meant new stuff coming my way. And it is as true as it sounds.

Rebuilding your life:

Mentally, physically… let go… put it in the garbage.

There will be a vacuum! In its place, will be new!

Just try this on a small level if you are afraid. Eventually, you will see… it will come back to you in a great way.

Sooner or later, what you throw out will make space for something new.
Last edited by StevieRayFan on Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

barky
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by barky » Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:28 am

Maybe renting one of those wood chippers would be a fun disposal technique. They you can have mulch for the garden and put this stuff to some really good use. :D

BTW, I'm sorry I hijacked your thread with this whole "old books" nonsense. Maybe it helps to get rid of the physical evidence of a big mistake???

Barky

StevieRayFan

Post by StevieRayFan » Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:56 am

Barky,

No sweat. Any and all responses are welcome.

We are all reading and responding to the scar. We are all reading and responding to that, one way or the other… to the scar.

theta_entheta

Post by theta_entheta » Sat Nov 05, 2005 6:14 am

theres a pretty big ebay market for books, tapes, coursepacks. search "scientology" on ebay and you'll see. things get bid up quite a bit and the materials will be with those that want them.

no_8c_now

Post by no_8c_now » Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:12 am

I find the ebay market for Scn stuff is a pretty good indicator of the Church's "growth". The past few years have shown a noticeable decline in amount of items for sale, the amount of bidding and the end prices.

You're lucky to get 25% of retail of a tape set, I'd say that stinks, but if you only have a few bidders, then that's what happens. I am comparing this from periods about 4-5 years ago and now. A definite down trend in the stats, definitely.

theta_entheta

Post by theta_entheta » Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:31 am

depends on what youre selling about demand, coursepacks, green and red vols, there is a bigger demand for. lower starting price will build bidding up a great deal, but that is a general rule of ebay. tape sets can go up pretty high but usually not as high as the new congress cds. some people on ebay are in good standing, some are outside the church, some in the church frown on ebay, others use it extensively. all kinds of coursepacks, course lectures, ktl/loc materials, will sell. the older stuff is in demand but new is as well. ive known people who got some much needed quick financial help by selling just a few items on ebay that were in demand.

StevieRayFan

Post by StevieRayFan » Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:37 am

Sarah wrote:Steve

Sounds like it did you good to burn those books and papers.

Getting physical stuff out of the world for good is a great way to close the door to something that isn't good for you. I hope I one day will able to do the same.

Sarah
Dear Sarah,

I apologize for my post, just after yours. I edited it as an addition to what I had previously said… and the previous part is gone. My mistake.

>>> I hope I one day will able to do the same.

I meant to tell you that I am sure you will do the same, that it will only be a matter of time. I also meant to tell you that I appreciated your words. My edited part was an after thought, to the main point… and because I messed up, the original part was deleted.

Again, I am sorry. You deserved a much better response, than how it reads!

StevieRayFan

Post by StevieRayFan » Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:15 am

Mick,

>>> One of the hardest things to do (IMHO) is to realize that you have been hurt.

I’ve been thinking about this since I read your words earlier. I think you have made a very important point.

Christ! I have been out for 25 years… and thought it was all over years ago. And here I am, thinking, posting.

Family member/s remaining in, Media, Tom Cruise, etc.

It’s funny. The hurt you describe actually comes into context as one heals. If your not seeing you were hurt… maybe you aren’t healing? I don’t know.

Sarah

Post by Sarah » Sun Nov 06, 2005 5:26 pm

Stevie

No offence taken.

:) Sarah

StevieRayFan

Post by StevieRayFan » Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:52 am

Hangers-on… it is the tech which has you pinned to the target. The arrow is through your hearts. You are impaled to the bulls eye.

StevieRayFan

Post by StevieRayFan » Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:17 am

How is anyone going to rebuild their life, clinging to the tech?

Rebuilding your life is a process of dissembling the tech… spotting the manipulation and inserting truth in its place… truth meaning inserting some reality where there was fantasy.

Rebuilding your life requires an admission that you made a mistake… a serious mistake… all that you fought for… all the arguments you made to friends and family… were wrong. Horribly wrong, actually.

For some you will have to accept you spent thousands of $$… and you may think you can’t turn back now because you are so invested. For all it’s a heartbreak.

To everyone, really rebuilding… this means rebuilding. Not the Alan Walter template. The key is breaking the mould.

Speak and write and think in English. Use English to describe scientologic concepts… it can be done. The more you do this, the more YOU immerge. Assign your own definitions, worded in English. Take your concept, and re-word it in every day English. This is one key out of this.

barky

Post by barky » Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:35 pm

You mention the $$.

In my own case my irresponsibility with paying for Scn services led to irresponsibility with $$ in general. Regges taught me how to get loans and credit cards and max them out for a "good cause". That started me down the path of being fiscally irresponsible in general. Basically they tell you over and over again that money isn't important, if it's not important you end up abusing it.

So it's also important to get your own financial house in order. Focus on paying off those debts you accumulated, and watch your habits from then on.

Note: this is not an endorsement for paying off your freeloader debt (for ex-SO and ex-staff). I mean your real debts. :)

Barky

StevieRayFan

Post by StevieRayFan » Thu Dec 15, 2005 7:25 am

English.

StevieRayFan

Post by StevieRayFan » Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:33 am

Critics/Posters… Readers…

After, but not only because of, reading the Toney thread, I am wondering now.

What’s more important to you… rebuilding your life, or working toward the downfall of CoS?

I’m going to be brutally honest and say that for the most part I see the main posters here bent as strongly as they were to save the planet… deluded under a hubbardian fiasco… and on bringing about the downfall of Cos.

A comradery of sacrifice only for a different purpose?

The Toney thread… is what tipped me toward a detection of martyrdom here.

I fully understand that speaking out is therapeutic and necessary. I’ve been through this myself.

But can you let it go? If CoS continues for the next 200 years… can you let it go?

I think you all flatter yourselves way too much.

CoS will inevitably fail do to its own genetic makeup… and for those who live in the USA, precisely because of the USA.

CoS will fail in a free country… as it is now failing in the USA.

You are putting the word out… all well and good.

But don’t flatter yourselves! Even without the word… CoS would never make it.

Dear Readers… please move on with your lives! Speak your peace and move on. In your wildest dreams, CoS would never take over anything.

Please move on with your lives and devote your skills toward a more rewarding existence.

Return to “Your story from inside Scientology”