Really Rebuilding Your Life

Share your personal experiences with others. We're not here to judge or criticise, but to share and support.

Moderator: Dorothy

Hubbard's Mushroom
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Hubbard's Mushroom » Sat Dec 31, 2005 3:00 pm

Working towards the downfall of scientology IS working towards
rebuilding your life.
Speaking out about abuse is healing and empowering.
Many great causes are the result of victims caring enough to
right a serious wrong.

Happy New Year!
Keep up the good fight!

IMHO, if you prevent EVEN ONE PERSON from becoming
a brainwashed Hubbardian Ronbot, then
you've done a good thing.

Ladybird
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Ladybird » Sat Dec 31, 2005 9:38 pm

SRF said: In your wildest dreams, CoS would never take over anything.

I disagree...scientology has tried to take over the Internet, they are sneaking in to school systems with their narCOnon and study tech programs, they are sneaking in to businesses with their WISE admin tech, they are attempting to influence politics and legislation, they are involved in shady real estate and bank fraud, they tried to get tax funding for their Purification Rundown, most recently in the NYFD, there are many other sneaky and underhanded ways they are trying to gain acceptance so they can take over peoples lives and money.

I do agree that they will never take over the world, but that doesn't stop them from ruining lives and creating alot of trouble in the meantime.

If it were not for the critics exposing them they WOULD hurt alot more people.

And if I can prevent what happened to me and my family and many friends from happening to one other person, I think that is important.

I wish I had more time and money to help expose these criminals.

Ladybird

StevieRayFan

Post by StevieRayFan » Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:12 am

LB,

>>> I wish I had more time and money to help expose these criminals.

But at what expense?

Can’t you see my concern?

My concerns are for you, and those like you.

There have been 20 replies on my “What’s your daily routine like? “

Apparently the gist is toward the negative here. This is not healthy, IMO.

Do you disagree with that?

I’m no authority! But do I have to be?

I’m not trying to dissuade anyone from spending time undressing and sticking a finger in the CoS vulva… just questioning the “commitment� and what damage results to those who PLACE their future on the fall of it all.

For me, as I observe and live, the key to recovery is not placing stock in the CoS downfall. That may or may not happen.

It may or may not happen!

Folks, just think about this…

What if scientology became the greatest religion of all time? If your happy-stock resides in a downfall of he CoS… will you be happy and live life to its fullest?

Americans know damn well CoS will never predominate. Americans know that.

But in California, “The Land of Fruits and Nuts�, I don’t know. <smile>

Critics please continue...

Ex-Members… rehabilitation does NOT require a church downfall. CoS may very well continue for decades… and it likely will. It very well likely will… and I’ll say now that it will exist for decades to come.

Freedom from the CoS does not require a commitment to see its downfall.

Freedom from the CoS is redefining scientologic concepts in English, moving on, and not placing personal stock in the downfall. The DownFall may happen… it will happen in time… but your primary goal should be to get out, live your life as best as possible, and place NO STOCK in the rise or fall of the CoS. Just forget it.

My opinion… the church is going to exist/persist. It will.

Your task, fellow ex-members… those who wish to rebuild… is to rebuild. Please do not rely on internet postings.

barky

Post by barky » Sun Jan 01, 2006 3:12 pm

That's some pretty good advice, SRF.

However, CoS shouldn't be allowed a "pass" either. They have betrayed the trust of thousands of adherents and their families, and committed crimes against society and humanity, all of which is documented here and elsewhere.

Revenge (for lack of a better word) can also be part of the "rebuilding" process. When one is wronged, taking steps to correct the wrong is also part of healing.

If it was a one-shot deal, then forgiveness and "moving on" would be the way to go. However, those of us who experienced this betrayal in one form or another knows the church will simply do it again to someone else. They have to be challenged.

Barky

Ladybird

Post by Ladybird » Sun Jan 01, 2006 3:39 pm

SRF, I am not sure what your point is. This board is about "Undressing Scientology". That is why people come here.

Please don't worry about me, SRF. I escaped from scientology and am doing just fine, thank you.. I choose to help others who are still stuck in it, especially the Sea Org, RPF and disconnected families.

I think it is important to expose the slimy ways that scientology preys on kids in schools and colleges, and steals tax dollars they are not entitled to by their ill-gotten tax status and by applying for money for their fake "cures".

I would no more walk away from my family and friends who are still being used and abused by scientology than I would leave you stuck in the water if your boat sank.

So if you would rather talk about fun stuff and leave the cult alone, I am sure there are plenty of places on the net for you to do that. Come back when you want to help expose the crimes of scientology.

I find your last 2 posts insulting and offensive to me for caring and trying to help victims of the cult. Scientology teaches you to mind your own business and abandon your family and friends if they get in the way. I am sure OSA would like nothing better than for all the Ex-es to concentrate on their own lives and leave scientology alone to continue their scam.

Maybe scientology was not so bad for you? Were you in the Sea Org? Did your family, finances and friends get destroyed? Scientology has earned every enemy they have. If they were just a silly ufo cult I would be happy to leave them alone.

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:23 pm

I can't WAIT for CoS to fall so that I can stop posting here. But as long as part of my family is still trapped in CoS, the only wasy I see to get them out to to unmask the fraud, abuse, and exploitation and hasten the overall decline of CoS.

If I could really communicate directly with my CoS relatives, about the ills of CoS, I WOULD. But my relatives have so many barriers up that I can't get through to them.

StevieRayFan

Post by StevieRayFan » Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:09 am

LB,

Undressing my ass. Try recovering!

>>> So if you would rather talk about fun stuff and leave the cult alone, I am sure there are plenty of places on the net for you to do that. Come back when you want to help expose the crimes of scientology.

You get my point exactly, and the above response proves it.

No room for “fun stuff�. And that’s moreover exactly my point.

You want me to “Come Back�?

I ain’t coming back. I’m GONE, and that’s what I’d like to see for more people as well.

Fine, live and breath the Downfall… get insulted when someone points out that there is life to live.

Get insulted. Stay there, then.

programmer_guy

Post by programmer_guy » Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:37 am

StevieRayFan wrote: I’m not trying to dissuade anyone from spending time undressing and sticking a finger in the CoS vulva… just questioning the “commitment� and what damage results to those who PLACE their future on the fall of it all.

For me, as I observe and live, the key to recovery is not placing stock in the CoS downfall. That may or may not happen.
I talked to an old friend of mine (ex-Scientologist) on the phone some months ago. She sort-of told me the same thing that you are saying. She seemed to be surprised that I was continually posting on a message board about something that we LEFT BEHIND a long time ago.

You have a valid "point" regarding any individual poster. Personally, I don't place my future on it. HOWEVER, you might want to consider the people that are just NOW discovering this info and message board and what we can say to them.

A person should "move on" in life, past this. I agree. What about others?

StevieRayFan

Post by StevieRayFan » Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:43 am

>>> Maybe scientology was not so bad for you?

What do you know about that? Nothing!

I’m not a victim… that’s all you need to know.

Get the hell out of here, is my advice, to all who are ready. Post, commiserate, get it off your chest, stay so long as it helps you… but don’t supplant one goal for another.

Go live your life for goodness sake!

Check in, from time to time… post. But please!

The superior “purpose� was a brainwashing thing, and I see it here insofar as a channeled effort, changed, toward Downfall.

Don’t flatter yourselves too much. Take a week or two off from this board. The vacuum will fill. The critics will follow. The fight will go on.

But no, there are always martyrs.

Was I once a victim of Cos? Yes. Is my story as bad as yours? Maybe. Maybe worse. Maybe not close.

The pecking-order apparently is who is the greatest victim… I’m not playing that.

After you’ve read and studied, get the hell out of here, is my best advice.

Check in every one or two weeks, if you so desire.

Hubbard's Mushroom

Post by Hubbard's Mushroom » Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:25 pm

Scientology is all about someone else telling you
what to think and someone else controling your life.

So.... now that you are out.. control your own life.

If you want to post here, great!
I'm glad you are here.

If you want to take a break and SRF asks you to ride
around on his boat drinking beer with him, fine, go ride
around on his boat.

Bottom line. It's your choice to be here or not.

IMHO, it takes much courage to face up to and post
about a scientology past.

I believe the exes posting here are helping themselves
and others with their posts.

Posting here is not being a martyr or a victim.
It's standing up for yourself and overcoming your
victimhood by speaking out and telling your truth.

If some don't seem to be "healing" fast enough to me,
then I must look at myself and ask "Why am I trying
to control someone else's recovery process"?

"Why am I being so judgemental of someone's
attempt at healing themselves by their posting on a
message board?"

If I see someone else being a martyr to the cause
I need to ask myself, "Hmmmmm... Why does that
bother me so much? Is there something I can learn
from this person"?

Live and let live....
Keep speaking your truth.

And please don't let anyone ever shut you up again.

serenitynow

Post by serenitynow » Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:55 pm

After you’ve read and studied, get the hell out of here, is my best advice.

Check in every one or two weeks, if you so desire.
Stevie Ray Fan, that is good advice.
As soon as I resolve an issue in my family that is stuck on C of S lines I probably will.
Kids and college take up much of my time now- but the good people of this board have been very helpful in helping me to move on. I found out that I wasn't alone and that I could tell my story without fear of retribution.

I would just like to point out, though, that if posters here such as Ladybird, PG Guy, Lermanet, Lucy Skywalker, Magoo, no8cnow, Ambassador Yak, Don Carlo, Hubbard's Mushroom etc.. hadn't been here posting about seven to eight months ago when I started lurking here with serious doubts I might still be in.

Some people see injustice and have to speak out. Of course I don't think this message board rules their lives, but maybe this is their (and my) way of fighting back against the opression we experienced in the C of S.

Ruth Smeltzer once said, "You have not lived a perfect day, even though you have earned your money, unless you have done something for someone who will never be able to repay you."

I will never be able to repay all the kind posters here who helped me leave the suppression of the church. If you knew me over the summer and saw me now you would know how changed I am. I did move on with my life and am succeeding past anything I thought I could do.

Love to you all,
Serenity Now

pitbull

Post by pitbull » Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:48 pm

Barky,

What kind of REVENGE do you have in mind?

Did Ron say Scientology was not a turn-another-cheek religion? Or did I see that somewhere else.
There's an old saying: when the going gets tough - pit bulls call a Scientologist."
-David Miscavige- 8 October, 1993
http://www.earthstation1.com/ThemeSongs/Branded.wav

barky

Post by barky » Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:02 am

Not interested in being bull baited today, thanks. :)

Barky

StevieRayFan

Post by StevieRayFan » Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:41 am

Serenity,

>>> I would just like to point out, though, that if posters here such as Ladybird, PG Guy, Lermanet, Lucy Skywalker, Magoo, no8cnow, Ambassador Yak, Don Carlo, Hubbard's Mushroom etc.. hadn't been here posting about seven to eight months ago when I started lurking here with serious doubts I might still be in.

>>> Some people see injustice and have to speak out. Of course I don't think this message board rules their lives, but maybe this is their (and my) way of fighting back against the opression we experienced in the C of S.

God love you and all the other posters here! You ARE, through your words, helping others! And all of the above mentioned folks are truly helping others…

But so help me, as I read here, not ALL, but SOME here, seem to place their actual happiness and futures on the downfall of the CoS. As it reads, there is an obsession with the Cos’s downfall. (All of this is very well understood by me, and I understand WHY… I went through this twenty-plus years ago.)

The Topic, though, is, Really Rebuilding Your Life… so for me… that is to say, for me… EXITING this insane mind-fuck is/was exactly what I said before. Get the hell out of here!

That’s right… go boating! Or use your computer for video editing.

Now I am seriously pissed off that I’d be challenged on such a simple point, as, getting on with life.

I hope to hell others read this, and get my point.

I am only here because I had some helpful words and advice regarding a personal matter with a sister who is still in… after our mother’s death. I had some good advice, some help from posters here. I was asked (after telling my story) to remain and not go away. I agreed to post. I felt it was only fair… that I post and contribute for others who may read… in EXCHANGE for the help given me.

So I am doing that right now.

To Rebuuilders of Your Lives:

Do NOT place your futures in the hands of CoS Downfall! Live your fucking lives. Move on!

CoS will LIKELY continue! It will LIKELY exist… but it will never take over the world for goodness sake! It will be decades, if ever, the Cos crumbles.

Read some history.

The very, very, very, best thing you can do is live on and forget this crap shit.

a) The CoS will not crumble within your lifetime.
b) The same crap will continue with or without you.
c) Devote your talents elsewhere.
d) Hence, leave this BS and move on.

I can see that my status is now below Pibull…

But I really don’t care much about status, now do I.

Don’t be kooks, who can’t let go. Read, post, commiserate by all means!

But shit, don’t make Cos Downfall your ticket…

Leaving it ALL behind you is your ticket…

StevieRayFan

Post by StevieRayFan » Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:18 am

Edit:

What I don’t appreciate, and what I see here in general, is the same zeal for clearing the planet… now equating Downfall of CoS.

IMO, that zeal… the clearing the planet zeal… was wacko then, and still now.

The so-called “undressing� of CoS, is IMO a good thing. But it is not a crusade whose participants graduate with honor.

Off Topic/Comment:

Do your thing… speak your peace… but discard the status bit.

I see the same sycophantic hierarchy superior garbage, extant in the CoS arrogance, here. The Pecking Order which made me sick then, and now, now.

Based on the last few posts, I see the same from that which I had escaped twenty-plus years ago, though somewhat qualified (to your favor).

Get over it. Scientology will likely stay and exist in a free country.

It’s not even a price to pay… it’s only living in a free society… something worth reading about.

Return to “Your story from inside Scientology”