My Experience/Analysis of the Psychotic World of $cientology

Share your personal experiences with others. We're not here to judge or criticise, but to share and support.

Moderator: Dorothy

mr_bad

Post by mr_bad » Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:44 pm

They used to play quite a bit when I was "in". It's terrible--no doubt.
Here's Jabba the Hub as he writes crappy sci-fi while his wife sits prison...OT Priorities personified!!!

leereyno

Post by leereyno » Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:27 pm

If you think the Road to Freedom is bad, try listening to "Space Jazz." The org where I was at was throwing it out and I decided to try listening to it. It was the most atrocious crap I've ever heard, completely unlistenable. The Road to Freedom is Led Zeppelin IV by comparison.
Scientologists: Making homeless drug addicts look good since 1952!

lulu_belle

Post by lulu_belle » Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:46 pm

leereyno wrote:If you think the Road to Freedom is bad, try listening to "Space Jazz." The org where I was at was throwing it out and I decided to try listening to it. It was the most atrocious crap I've ever heard, completely unlistenable. The Road to Freedom is Led Zeppelin IV by comparison.
LOL!!!!

True.

marlysfan

Post by marlysfan » Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:08 pm

Do any of you all have a link to Space Jazz? I would LOVE to listen to it!

starscape

Post by starscape » Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:27 am

marlysfan wrote:
It's like being an admirer of Charles Manson because he writes good music.
I know this is off-topic, but that just reminded me of the god-awful Road to Freedom album. You can listen to it at www.ronthemusicmaker.org (or maybe .com, I forget). My husband and I were rolling on the ground laughing over how bad it was.
Wow, that web site is creepy. Just takes the cult of personality thing to new heights. You would think, from that site, that LRH was a musical genius on par with Beethoven and Mozart.

I listened to a bit of the "Road to Freedom" album from that site. Mostly it's bad eighties synthe-crap; though at least *barely* listenable at a few points..

At least until you get to the last song, "Thank you for Listening" (or something like that) - which is truly the stuff nightmares are made of. We actually get the esteemed LRH himself singing on this cut, and it's enough to send a cold shiver down your back.

It's kind of like Darth Vader sings Dick Cheney sings Ernest Borgnine.. only worse.

To make thins even more outrageous, the web site notes that the album "went gold." My ass. Sure, because CoSers must have bought copies by the armful. Heck, it's probably the cheapest thing they spent money on.. a few hundred tapes each.

I sure didn't know anybody who had the album, nor did I ever hear a cut on the radio or anywhere else, thank goodness.

si_g

Post by si_g » Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:08 pm

TO GO FREE YOU MUST WORD-CLEAR, KNOW, AND BE WILLING AND ABLE TO USE THIS WORD: THETA.
--
# # #

starscape

Post by starscape » Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:39 pm

si_g wrote:TO GO FREE YOU MUST WORD-CLEAR, KNOW, AND BE WILLING AND ABLE TO USE THIS WORD: THETA.
Okeys..

I FEEL BAD FOR ALL THE POOR SODS WHO WERE SUCKED INTO SCIENTOLOGY. I WISH "THETA" KNOWN WHAT A SCAM IT IS. 8)

mr_bad

Post by mr_bad » Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:52 pm

si_g,

Word Clearing is brainwashing.

Elron wants you to really really really really really understand how he's fucking you over--that's Word Clearing.

Why are you here anyway?

mb
Last edited by mr_bad on Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Here's Jabba the Hub as he writes crappy sci-fi while his wife sits prison...OT Priorities personified!!!

si_g

Post by si_g » Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:09 pm

Word Clearing is brainwashing.

your MOM^H^H^HCAR is brainwashing!
Why are you here anyway?
for the free theta. there's tons of theta here. you just have to ignore the cracks.
--
# # #

mr_bad

Post by mr_bad » Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:40 pm

si_g,

Your mom makes great flap jacks.

mb
Last edited by mr_bad on Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ltricha1

Post by Ltricha1 » Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:49 pm

Si_g has crossed the line of good taste here..

Fear not little lambs, the trolls no longer live under the bridge. They have moved to the internet.
[url=http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?p=220008#220008]$cientology's real product[/url]
[url=http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?t=16563]Read[/url]
Tech is the Carrot,
Admin is the Cart,
Ethics is the whip,
Guess who the Horses are.

Ladybird

Post by Ladybird » Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:16 pm

Word clear this, S-ig.

++++++++++++ SACRED CULT SCRIPTURE +++++++++++++

"Set up the room with the auditor seated closer to the door than the
pc, so that he can gently put the pc back in his chair if he tries to
blow the session."

-- L. Ron Hubbard
HCOB 30 Nov 1978

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

In the real world you could get arrested for this. It is called "false imprisonment".

Ladybird

"Imagine a church so dangerous, you must sign a release
form before you can receive its "spiritual assistance."
This assistance might involve holding you against your
will for an indefinite period, isolating you from
friends and family, and denying you access to
appropriate medical care. You will of course be billed
for this treatment - assuming you survive it. If not,
the release form absolves your caretakers of all
responsibility for your suffering and death.

Welcome to the Church of Scientology."

--Dr. Dave Touretzky

BroadwayBaby84

Post by BroadwayBaby84 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:43 pm

mr_bad wrote:I've some thoughts on "getting over it." It's hard. I spent alot of time think about this subject called $cientology.

I think I finally realized the reason I never made it further along in the $cientology Caste System is because I knew there some things that were off. I could'nt deal with people telling this is the way it has to be because Elron says so. I would get annoyed. I don't like being told what to do.

I also didn't like a lot of the people. There were too many 'social climbers'. When I was in the S.O. there was always someone there who wanted to take credit for something I did. People just didn't want to do the hard work. I became jaded because of it. I thought things could so much better around here 'if only'. But I really hadn't done my homework. I didn't know how long things had been as crappy as they were and were going to stay that way.

Basically, I worked really hard for the brief period I was there. We never had the equipment or money we should have had to do our jobs--I didn't realize that was tradition. It feels like I was robbed of some quality years of my life by some people who didn't really care about me.

No one ever tried to give me the things I had been promised before I joined. In other words, none of my hard work paid off. It was always--what else are you going to do for us? Nevermind the fact that we don't deliver on our promises. It gives me a very sick and empty feeling--the feeling of being take advantage of and taken for granted--and it's mixed with disbelief--How can anyone be so heartless?

And I'm wondering all these things while thinking that some of those people who used and abused me are still there, and they're doing it to someone else. Except, they're probably using and abusing their tenth victim since I left. It's when I start getting a little pissed off. I turn my anger towards them and start visualizing their downfall--that's a good thing.

In some sick way none of those people ever displayed any affection for me and yet I still 'looked up' to them. I admired them because I thought they were 'able.' The truth is--they were just more comfortable with pulling the scam. They were more comfortable in that place than I was. They were believers. I wasn't. I was just more cynical still. I even thought there was something wrong with me for being cynical though.

I know I'm rambling, oh well. I'm apologize.
congratulations on escaping. sorry you had such a bad experience. did it turn you off to all organized religion or just ones that don't let you think for yourself?

BroadwayBaby84

Post by BroadwayBaby84 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:49 pm

Ladybird wrote:Word clear this, S-ig.

++++++++++++ SACRED CULT SCRIPTURE +++++++++++++

"Set up the room with the auditor seated closer to the door than the
pc, so that he can gently put the pc back in his chair if he tries to
blow the session."

-- L. Ron Hubbard
HCOB 30 Nov 1978

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

In the real world you could get arrested for this. It is called "false imprisonment".

Ladybird

"Imagine a church so dangerous, you must sign a release
form before you can receive its "spiritual assistance."
This assistance might involve holding you against your
will for an indefinite period, isolating you from
friends and family, and denying you access to
appropriate medical care. You will of course be billed
for this treatment - assuming you survive it. If not,
the release form absolves your caretakers of all
responsibility for your suffering and death.

Welcome to the Church of Scientology."

--Dr. Dave Touretzky

wow that was truly hilarious. i read about how they keep you against your will in a basement until they are satisfied with your answers even if you are just a kid. there was this great article in rolling stone about scientology. i never believed in the crap but that article opened my eyes to how dangerous this cult is.

HailXenu

Post by HailXenu » Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:40 pm

"Road to Freedom" just confirms to me that LRon needed a prozac/lithium cocktail the size of a basketball.

If LRon was still around, I'd tell him to visit this sites.

http://www.prozac.com

http://www.bipolarresource.com

http://www.mentalhealth.com

I think he would have needed them. Reading the bio on that L Ron the musicman site...my only thought was "Man, this guy was really, really, REALLY, screwed up." That bio did make him sound like a musical genius...ah, no.

Return to “Your story from inside Scientology”