Long Ago But Still Too Real

Share your personal experiences with others. We're not here to judge or criticise, but to share and support.

Moderator: Dorothy

Readyforaction

Re: Long Ago But Still Too Real

Post by Readyforaction » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:07 am

x
Last edited by Readyforaction on Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Well All Right

Post by Well All Right » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:42 am

Ready for Action, I'm full of the deepest admiration and astonishment for your courage and endurance. Truly you've been through a hell on earth and lived to tell the tale. A hell brought to you by Ron, who so many apologists want to insure gets the full credit he's due for his wonderful contributions to the betterment of mankind and who, even after escaping themselves, still want to promote his "wisdom". I expect that few of these deluded souls are women.

Your savoring of the little joys of life with your family is such a great reminder of how blessed we are when we are able to relax with our loved ones. If there's a heaven on earth, that's it. When I feel despairing about people's self-destructiveness, I'll remember your appreciation of the "simple" things that you have now.

How very slippery is the slope to degradation once you're inside the scientology system and targeted for the important "work" of being drugged and driven crazy for being the victim of a crime, or being asked to commit crimes and loyally doing so.

I wish the billionaire and millionaire supporters had the curiosity to read accounts like yours.

I wonder how you withstood the drugging and tormenting? However you survived is a coping strategy par excellence! And your description of everything snapping back into place, the place of self-worth and self-respect, is remarkable too. A friend who struggled with addiction once told me that change can be easy. I know that getting to the point of your positive "snapping" had nothing easy about it, but the focus and ability you showed when you finally stopped the abuse was exceptional.

I hope that you do write a full-length treatment of your experience, although I don't know if that would bring the demons back, both the inner ones and the human ones who are still trying to stop voices such as yours. Although it certainly appears that the "punk kid" has his hands fuller and fuller.

I hope that you never compare your horrible experiences to others' and judge yours to be lesser. I think that's what's called "survivor's guilt". Another person's suffering has no bearing at all on yours. Their's can't lessen your's just as your's can't alleviate their's.

I remember reading an article about abused women being dragged around by the hair by their abusers. It said that you feel like there's only one story and each woman who reads about another's abuse feels like she's reading her own life history. I'm starting to feel that way about scientologists too. The tragic stories start to sound like they come off an assembly line of horror.

I wish you every happiness, health and peace of mind. You deserve it. You always did. Thank you for having the courage to tell the truth and help word to get out about this heinous business and its deep cruelty. You are doing a service to mankind (womankind too!).

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> :blinkingheart: :kissysmilies: :hershey: :heartsign: :woohoo!: :yes!:

AnonyMary

Post by AnonyMary » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:52 pm

Readyforaction,

Thank you for telling your story. I'm sorry you went through all that. I hope to hear more.

FYI, there are over 144 pages of comments over on ESMB about your post here on OCMB. Your friend Ms. R started a thread there. Some comments are kind and some are less than kind, as the question some of the things you wrote. It's gotten a bit out of hand, in my opinion, because you are not responding to any of them. I understand about having to go away for a funeral and did mention this. I'm sorry for your loss.

I, and others at ESMB, would appreciate it if you would read them over asap and answer some of the most common questions or concerns mentioned. It concerns me that some are not believing your story, which I find plausible.
http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.p ... n-Clambake
Mary McConnell, is my nom de plume. I help expose the Narconon scams, help victims and document the fraud. Google Narconon scam.
What is Scientology all about? Visit 'Reaching For The Tipping Point'
http://www.forum.reachingforthetippingpoint.net/

idle morgue

Post by idle morgue » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:57 pm

With all due respect - Who cares if there are those that do not believe her story! These are ex scientolgist's that have been betrayed in the most cruel and inhuman way by this evil cult. For me and my house ~ WE BELIEVE! It makes perfect sense and it is revealing just how insane L Ron Hubbard and his side kick Mary Sue Hubbard really were.

Continue RFA - we want more!

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:36 pm

I wanted to hear the whole story before asking questions, but now that it's been brought up, I also was curious about the Juilliard school. Most CPA's haven't gone to Juilliard!

Demented LRH

Post by Demented LRH » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:15 pm

Unfortunately, I cannot get to ESMB because of the software incompatibility; otherwise, I would be giving hard time to the critics.

Unlike OCMB, ESMB is a group of people whose views range from complete denial of Hubbard’s pathetic brainchild to the Freezoners who firmly believe in the works of deranged Hubbard; it does not surprise me that these idiots see your story as a fiction.

Even if you answer all their questions, they will still doubt your story because they are brainwashed to the point of no return, and unable to overcome the Scientology conditioning.
“This OT shit is driving me insane. On a positive side, I laugh a lot these days because I’m at a funny farm.”
L. Ron Hubbard

L. Ron Hubbard era un maestro de masturbacion fisica y mental.

pelagic

Post by pelagic » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:51 pm

If this were my story, I would not feel any obligation to go to any other site and defend it. If I was on another site criticizing it, I would not expect the person to come there to defend it.
Don Carlo wrote:Most CPA's haven't gone to Juilliard!
CPAs don't go to Julliard. People who can sing do!

There are some pictures in this thread that I have not seen anywhere before. Certainly puts the OP in the right time frame for the story.

More please RFA!

mr_bad

Post by mr_bad » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:34 pm

Well, it is her story. She has every right to leave out details. After all, I know from my own experience with telling my story, it's hard as hell.

Some things are difficult to talk about. So, just getting the part out where you tell what happened is the accomplishment. How you got there sort of becomes irrelevant.

Some of the details of this story are extraordinary because she's an extraordinary lady. I'm reading them and going "Wait...What?...How did you...Oh, nevermind..." In other words, it is what it is.

If she wants to go back and write a fully detailed 50-paged novella, she will. But really, I don't think she needs to. I'm thankful for what she's written. She put the big chunks out there, and we can assume the rest, and that's fine by me.
Here's Jabba the Hub as he writes crappy sci-fi while his wife sits prison...OT Priorities personified!!!

Kookaburra

Post by Kookaburra » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:51 am

Readyforaction, I am so pleased to see you posting about some of the dark secrets of CoS. Even with all the people speaking out and all the media hype, there are still some things that have not come out in the open.

I was amazed to read that you were still in the FBI undercover after the raids. I have never seen that posted anywhere, but a GO staffer bragged to me decades ago that they still had operatives in the FBI that were never caught.

I also appreciate you revealing how deep the deception can go to hide a GO operative. Even the regular GO staff had barely a clue about the deep cover operations being carried out by B1. Not even the person's immediate family know that they were even still a Scientologist. All communications with other Scientologists was cut, and cut permanently.

You are brave to be talking about this. I feel nervous even saying what I just said. It is stuff I am not supposed to know. But there is a whole other layer to CoS dark and nasty that has yet to come out.

Regarding the skeptics on ESMB, I have confirmed with a very reliable source that they have direct knowledge of much of the abuse you describe and confirm that it actually happened.

I know you are upset. I don't blame you one little bit. The internet can be a rough place. I implore you to continue your story. You have information that very much needs to be aired. And not many people can tell this story.
Ex Sea Org Helpline
[url]http://www.exseaorg.com/[/url]

Readyforaction

Post by Readyforaction » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:14 am

I had to remove all photos due to personal website attacks.

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:44 am

Readyforaction, I hope you keep writing.

pelagic

Post by pelagic » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:56 pm

Readyforaction wrote:I had to remove all photos due to personal website attacks.
You could try an image hosting service, such as flickr or picasa, to store the photos.

Then any attacks won't be your problem.

mr_bad

Post by mr_bad » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:43 am

Well All Right wrote:Ready for Action, I'm full of the deepest admiration and astonishment for your courage and endurance. Truly you've been through a hell on earth and lived to tell the tale. A hell brought to you by Ron, who so many apologists want to insure gets the full credit he's due for his wonderful contributions to the betterment of mankind and who, even after escaping themselves, still want to promote his "wisdom". I expect that few of these deluded souls are women.

Your savoring of the little joys of life with your family is such a great reminder of how blessed we are when we are able to relax with our loved ones. If there's a heaven on earth, that's it. When I feel despairing about people's self-destructiveness, I'll remember your appreciation of the "simple" things that you have now.

How very slippery is the slope to degradation once you're inside the scientology system and targeted for the important "work" of being drugged and driven crazy for being the victim of a crime, or being asked to commit crimes and loyally doing so.

I wish the billionaire and millionaire supporters had the curiosity to read accounts like yours.

I wonder how you withstood the drugging and tormenting? However you survived is a coping strategy par excellence! And your description of everything snapping back into place, the place of self-worth and self-respect, is remarkable too. A friend who struggled with addiction once told me that change can be easy. I know that getting to the point of your positive "snapping" had nothing easy about it, but the focus and ability you showed when you finally stopped the abuse was exceptional.

I hope that you do write a full-length treatment of your experience, although I don't know if that would bring the demons back, both the inner ones and the human ones who are still trying to stop voices such as yours. Although it certainly appears that the "punk kid" has his hands fuller and fuller.

I hope that you never compare your horrible experiences to others' and judge yours to be lesser. I think that's what's called "survivor's guilt". Another person's suffering has no bearing at all on yours. Their's can't lessen your's just as your's can't alleviate their's.

I remember reading an article about abused women being dragged around by the hair by their abusers. It said that you feel like there's only one story and each woman who reads about another's abuse feels like she's reading her own life history. I'm starting to feel that way about scientologists too. The tragic stories start to sound like they come off an assembly line of horror.

I wish you every happiness, health and peace of mind. You deserve it. You always did. Thank you for having the courage to tell the truth and help word to get out about this heinous business and its deep cruelty. You are doing a service to mankind (womankind too!).

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> :blinkingheart: :kissysmilies: :hershey: :heartsign: :woohoo!: :yes!:
Welcome Well All Right!!

Nice to meet you.
Here's Jabba the Hub as he writes crappy sci-fi while his wife sits prison...OT Priorities personified!!!

Dorothy

Post by Dorothy » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:11 am

I have often wondered what happened to the many GO members who were "disappeared" after Operation Snow White. It is pretty common knowledge that many of them were in fact disappeared, meaning, they had to go away because they became a liability to CoS for their acts. Remember how several of Lisa McPherson's handlers were also disappeared? As GO members, whether you stayed and were absorbed, or had to leave depended on what ops you were involved with. Of course RFA's ops would require she be disappeared.

I know parts of the story seem fantastic, but there is not one aspect of it that does not fit the profile of known and provable incidents related to the CoS, LRon, etc. For example, Paulette Cooper was also assigned spy-roommates to keep tabs on her. For example, every time a girl is raped in the CoS, it is dealt with in exactly the same way.

I'm sorry I just came to read this thread tonight and missed the photos before they were disappeared. I hope they get re-posted, as was suggested.

I also second the motion that there is a book in this story. A well-written, well-documented memoir would do well imo. All claims could easily be substantiated by record. For example, RFA's employment as a secretary at the FBI could easily be verified. Degrees and school transcripts could corroborate the timeline. None of this would be difficult to do. If Don Carlo is right and it is true you are past the statute of limitations, I strongly urge you to consider a book!
“The sad truth is that most evil is done by people who never make up their minds to be good or evil.”
― Hannah Arendt

Dorothy

Post by Dorothy » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:07 pm

In addition to the above:

I wasn't going to do it but I did. I went and read the ESMB thread. All I have to say is, WOW. How sad. I was still under the impression that Rfa would return here and tell more. Now I see she probably won't, and I don't blame her. I've been waiting for YEARS for some of those old GO operatives (there are many!) to come out and reveal their stories. So far you can count on one hand the number who have spilled (Nancy Many being the most famous). So many of them are either still Flavor-Aid drinkers or still live in hiding, loathe to even remember what they did and what happened to them. Someone finally brave enough finally arrives, and look what happens. Personally I think the response by some over at ESMB was stupid and shameful, or even calculated. Can anyone prove RFA's story is all true? No. But I can exercise enough self-control and patience to let it play out. It's really too bad AnonMary thought all the BS going on over at ESMB was so much more important than letting Rfa post here in peace. AnonMary's post on this thread was completely off-topic and it interrupted a potentially very important thread. Why are hateful and egotistical opinions more important than an ex's story that is presented AS THEIR PERSONAL STORY- especially one that I can't imagine how difficult it must have been to tell if true? I try to give most people the benefit of the doubt- I wish others could see themselves as unimportant enough to do the same. *

So, I'll point out a few things. I was immersed in scientology organizations for decades and know a few things about it. Much of what I know is now COMMON knowledge. Everything Rfa wrote about the organization is covered by that common knowledge. My hobby is profiling the organization and its people and exes. I have some outside training in this area. Here is the profile:

1. The GO DID EXIST and it DID have many Operatives who infiltrated the FBI as well as many other "enemy" organizations. The few who did prison time were only the tip of the iceberg.

2. The GO operatives who were a liability to the organization after the FBI raids WERE disappeared, just as Rfa describes it.

3. In the early 70's Hubbard WAS (personally) researching Black Dianetics- and who else would he have done "research" on other than his own people? The Black Dianetics "research" Rfa describes is EXACTLY how Ron "researched": grab a (suitable) Guinea Pig and go. Rfa's experience with Ron is very similar to what Nancy Many went through when she (a high value op) blew and expressed a desire to leave. Nancy Many's Black Dianetics "session" that went on long hours for days with a woman screaming at her and introverting her is the same exact tech that Rfa experienced.

4. Black Dianetics is rampant in scientology. Rfa witnessed the beginning of it- which was LRon's doing. (IMO Rfa was chosen because of her having been repeatedly raped which creates a psychological mindset that allows her to be more easily manipulated and brought under control. It also sets the person up for automatic secrecy and fear of telling the truth of what happens to them, in that sense she was the perfect candidate)

5. All women and girls who are raped in scientology ARE TREATED EXACTLY THE SAME. Does anyone know of a rape case in scientology where a woman or girl saw anything close to justice brought upon her rapist? If so, please do tell! ALL rape victims in scientology are turned into "criminals", are forced to lie about it, and their rapists/abusers continue on business as usual. Keeping it a secret is accomplished at all costs. No where else in scientology does "the ends justify the means" so completely apply.

6. Rfa's arranged/abusive marriage makes total sense. Her destiny within the organization (once the rapes were known about) was sealed. She would have to be watched 24/7 from there on out. What better way to do that than to assign her an abusive, strong, handler/husband?

I could go further but I won't. I don't know for sure if Rfa's story is true but it fits the profile and timeline of the organization 100% so therefore more than likely, it is true. To me, it was only a matter of time before more old GO operatives' stories popped up. I encourage all such people to come out and speak up. Yes, someone very familiar with the organization could have imagined and constructed such a story. But like I wrote above, all the facts could have easily been verified, if people had just shown a little patience.

*perhaps in the future opinion and debate should be kept out of the personal stories section

Dear Rfa,

All I can say is, this took a phenomenal amount of guts. Thank you for trying to get your story out here. I hope in the end it was worth it to you and it helped you in some way. Again, you have a book here and I hope you will consider writing it one day. There are plenty of good people who would help you with that. If you choose to post again (I doubt you will), just realize in anything you do, you always have to deal with the chaff in order to get the to the wheat.

Best wishes,
Dorothy
“The sad truth is that most evil is done by people who never make up their minds to be good or evil.”
― Hannah Arendt

Return to “Your story from inside Scientology”