The Sad Sad Tale of Serge Obelinsky

Share your personal experiences with others. We're not here to judge or criticise, but to share and support.

Moderator: Dorothy

lulu_belle

Post by lulu_belle » Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:21 pm

mr_bad wrote:serenity now,

I love Fatburger!! Especially the one you're talking about.
Oh, yeah. The Fatburger on (what was that street?) Loz Feliz? Sunset Blvd.?

Anyone remember Norm's?

quaoar

Post by quaoar » Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:31 pm

SerenityNow -

Your description of the child in the shirt reminds me of 1954 when my family moved to West Virginia. Dad was a civil engineer (well, he wasn't ever civil) and WVa was the site for an aluminum plant in an area that had been bypassed by civilization. I made friends, but most were living in the type of squalor that you describe. I was, at eight years old, totally offended by the lifestyle - stamped dirt floors, outhouses, kids dirty in every extent (use your imagination).

The fact that this kind of lifestyle can be tolerated in this day is criminal. Somehow, some way, by some one with knowledge, this criminal care of children by the kult must be reported to authorities. Children cannot be exposed to your described level of care. Even the penniless illegal aliens that I interface with at Catholic Charities have more respect for their children, who come first for whatever food and shelter they have, than does the kult.

Hopefully, there will be a time when the kult is brought to justice.

Q

mr_bad

Post by mr_bad » Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:23 am

lulu,

The one on Los Feliz. Brings back good memories.

mb
Here's Jabba the Hub as he writes crappy sci-fi while his wife sits prison...OT Priorities personified!!!

Supercreep

Post by Supercreep » Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:29 pm

mr_bad wrote:supercreep,

Who's to say "why" he was making pipe bombs. My knowledge of all the details is limited. He could have been make bombs to blow up mail boxes. To say he making pipe bombs with the intention to kill or maim is an assumption. You know what they say about assumptions.

Regardless, the point of me telling this story wasn't to degrade Serge. I made a point of saying he was a nice guy. He unfortunately just didn't fit in, and as a conscequence he was shunned by people who, if they cared just a little bit, could have stopped this senseless trajedy.

Again, if they weren't following the policies of a fat pampered dickhead they could have done something for Serge. Evidently, sucking Travolta's cock was more important than helping Serge get his head screwed on strait. That's all I'm saying.

To me, those guys at CC Int are intimately connected to this trajedy because I've watched the way staff are churned and burned around there and the rest of the S.O. for that matter.

mb

I don't mean to offend, I just wanted to point out the silver lining to this particular dark cloud. Pipe bombs are serious business, as you can see by the condition of Serge's appendages. Serge wasn't building bombs to make freinds and see the world. Lesson: Don't build bombs - they blow things up.

Plenty of bad things happen to good people. I don't relish it. It's not fair. Regardless of the rightness or wrongness of the universe, we don't need violent people blowing shit up. I feel sorry for the young man but I am glad that this particular danger has been mitigated. Live by the sword....

mr_bad

Post by mr_bad » Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:57 pm

supercreep,

I think we both agree his actions regardless of what his actual intentions were were incredibly stupid.

I guess if you had actually met and talked with the guy and saw that he was just a little crazy, but for the most part you'd see he was a decent person.

mb
Here's Jabba the Hub as he writes crappy sci-fi while his wife sits prison...OT Priorities personified!!!

Supercreep

Post by Supercreep » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:21 pm

mr_bad wrote:supercreep,

I think we both agree his actions regardless of what his actual intentions were were incredibly stupid.

I guess if you had actually met and talked with the guy and saw that he was just a little crazy, but for the most part you'd see he was a decent person.

mb
True enough... we're all a little crazy - and I'm sure that he was a decent person, and that there remains a good part of him that is.

mr_bad

Post by mr_bad » Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:13 pm

bump

tommygormanxenu

wow

Post by tommygormanxenu » Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:15 am

Good story just glad your out . Keep up the postings on the Harms Of Scientology .Good job.

H.O. Tommy Gorman
Last edited by tommygormanxenu on Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is my own opinion. I'd rather die speaking the truth about the harms of the cult of scientology than hide and be afraid.
http://www.lermanet.com/tomgorman/jeffreyquiros.htm

mr_bad

Post by mr_bad » Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:57 pm

bump for Serge.

tommygormanxenu

Post by tommygormanxenu » Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:39 am

That stuff you wrote below is the dam truth.
There is so much stuff you need to know:

L. Ron Hubbard was NOT a "Friend of Mankind."

L. Ron Hubbard was a BIGAMIST.

L. Ron Hubbard was a THIEF.

L. Ron Hubbard DIED ON PSYCH DRUGS.

L. Ron Hubbard created a covert form of hypnotism called $CIENTOLOGY.

L. Ron Hubbard was a TOTAL MENTAL CASE.

L. Ron Hubbard was CONVICTED OF FRAUD.

L. Ron Hubbard used BLACK MAGICK.

L. Ron Hubbard was a COLLEGE DROPOUT.

L. Ron Hubbard was a BRAINWASHER.

L. Ron Hubbard was a RACIST.

L. Ron Hubbard was NOT A WAR HERO.

L. Ron Hubbard had a LIMP DONG.

L. Ron Hubbard LOVED TO BANG HOOKERS.

L. Ron Hubbard PLANNED GENOCIDE.

Seriously, there is a PLAN FOR GENOCIDE in L. Ron's "teachings".

L. Ron Hubbard was a DRUG ADDICT.

L. Ron Hubbard was a SATANIST.

Read about L. Ron Hubbard and ADOLF HITLER.

L. Ron Hubbard was a PSYCH PATIENT.
mr_bad I loved your story. The 20 thing you wrote about L Ron Hitler is all so dam true and it is great you tell it how it is. Keep telling the true harms of scientology . IMHO Tommy Gorman
This is my own opinion. I'd rather die speaking the truth about the harms of the cult of scientology than hide and be afraid.
http://www.lermanet.com/tomgorman/jeffreyquiros.htm

curiosity

Post by curiosity » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:41 pm

I'm bumping this thread because it relates to a current discussion on another thread. Our Scientology apologist SuzanneMarie seems to think that all things are sweetness and light for children in the Sea Org. This story is absolutely tragic. I hope that Serge is doing OK today.

Ladybird

Post by Ladybird » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:27 pm

Sadly, it sounds like Serge ended up homeless and hasn't been seen for some time, and his brother Sasha died in his early 20's, also homeless and very ill.

There is a lot of information on the Obolensky family here:

http://forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t ... rge&page=2

The following story was posted by an artist in Hollywood who knew Serge as a homeless street person:

http://www.saatchi-gallery.co.uk/yourga ... 30101.html
Sergio Obolensky. I met a young man of 22, who had blown off his hands and face. He said he was trying to fight evil and needed to understand what it was-so he built a bomb and it exploded in his face. His mother was studying a very high level of Scientology, keeping special information top secret from those that weren't ready for it. After the bomb went off in Sergio's face, his mother threw him out. She claimed the "accident" (which he likes to call a miracle) proved that her son was a negative influence on her. Sergio Obolensky was left to fend for himself on the streets-without hands, a blown up face, and an awkward disposition. I met him a while ago at a restaurant I was the hostess at. He walked up to me and said that my emotions and vulnerability were so strong that it hit his center dramatically. Later I found out that he was the great, great grandson of the aristocratic Obolensky, of whom Tolstoy had written of in 'Anna Karenina.' I immediately checked this information and it was true. In reality his great, great, great, great grandfather was Prince Ivan Obolensky who helped to rule Russia with Helena, the widow of the Grand Duke of Moscow. When she died, Ivan was thrown in prison where he starved to death. Sergio would always come into the restaurant and ask if he should be there. " I feel like I'm supposed to be here right now. Do you think I'm in the right place?" I photographed him for a group art show and the next week he told me that I had opened the doors for him to be photographed. He said that the day after I took his pictures he went to the restaurant and met someone from Rolling Stone who decided to use him as part of a centerpiece for the 30th anniversary. He said that my vision of wanting him to be seen by millions created it to happen. Many times I felt he was superimposed. I would always run into him when I asked to see him. But not anymore. The last time I saw him he had 20 books piled on his plastic arms...books about fractals and air conditioner units, soil and space. He had some sort of disease and said he thought he was going to die soon. He smelled so badly that I couldn't breathe and his eyes had a puffy liquid around them. I gave him some strawberries and my telephone number and told him to call me the next day if he needed a doctor but I never heard from him. He talked a lot about God and telepathy. He said that I was like Dorothy-the real Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz but not when I wore makeup. I gave him a key to my apartment and he slept on the floor. He wanted to pay me $300 and when I refused he broke down and cried. He said that God asks him to give all these gifts to people but nobody will accept them and he has so many blessings to bestow but no one will accept them. So I took the cash. He also gave me a ruby and an emerald on my birthday, in honor of "Dorothy" although many times he seemed hungry and penniless. Once I was walking down the street having just come from Sam French and feeling like an actor. There he was at the corner just waiting. He told me I was a hero and that the picture "I took" was a runner up for best photograph in this special issue of LIFE magazine. The best photography of the year. We went to a news stand and sure enough- Sergio Obolensky and the singer TRICKY were the runner-ups and Ben Stiller's evolution from ape to man had won. Sergio's picture later appeared in the Guggenheim. When the 30th anniversary of Rolling Stone came out it had on the cover Jerry Seinfeld and his crew dressed in Wizard of Oz garb. He said he had been at the library studying mathematical equations in D.N.A. and certain movie people as well. He said that when he said the name "Nicholas Cage" it just made sense-it felt good in his heart: that he knew Nicholas Cage was a true Hollywood person because he was a good person; that he was serene and had virtue. He said, "It's amazing how all these people walking by don't understand how special this meeting is." I knew exactly what he meant. So we went to Dragon Talent where I was told they like unusual looking people. I introduced Serge as the great, great, great, great grandson of the aristocratic Obolensky's and that Tolstoy himself once said "that what we look for in a work of art is the revelation of the artist's soul, a glimpse of God" and that Serge was loaded with pure light in everything he did and uttered. They said they didn't need any more clients but thanks for thinking of them. We parted ways and I didn't see him for a very long time. 4 years later I pulled out this story about him. The next day I was driving down Sunset Blvd. and saw this ragged, matted haired homeless man crossing the street. He was cackling madly and appeared to be in the throes of ecstasy. It was Serge. I quickly pulled over and stopped him. We hugged in silence for 60 seconds. He had caked on dirt all over his body and he was now missing an eye. I asked him how it happened and he said he didn't remember. He changed the subject to more important matters and said that silver is the special quality in film that gives it the magic it contains; that h.d. doesn't do that. He said we were spending tons of money on our space program because on mars there is a metal that can be used to build very efficient weapons. He said the same thing can appear in different places at the same time and that's why I can see him when I wish to do so; because our thoughts travel faster than the speed of light and we can project our energy. For a second I looked outside and saw my car parked even though I knew it was two blocks down the street. I asked if I could do anything for him. He said no, that he was fine. He just needed a hug. Finally after much pressure said, " I guess a sandwich would be okay." We went to the Standard Hotel. He had lost his prosthetics somewhere along the way and was maneuvering his food with with a fork precariously positioned between his wrist and elbow. He spoke of many fascinating things. Things I find difficult to articulate but somehow have become incorporated...deeply lodged in my brain like a bullet. As we parted I asked him where he was going. What he would do. He said, " I'm like the weather. I know which way to blow." As cool as Jack Nicholson, only without hands or an eye, and a blown up face. I looked over and saw the singer from The Red Hot Chili Peppers, hugging someone in a heartfelt embrace. The time before that, I remember looking up as Serge was talking, and seeing Tom Cruise. Cut to: recently. It was a day where obstacles appeared on every street I took. I went an alternate way and there he was, at a street corner. I pulled over and sat next to him. He was rambling about something I couldn't quite make out and then he said, "Tracey Keilly" and stopped, like the spell had been broken and he could come back now. He said he remembered when I worked at that restaurant years ago on Vermont, and that all the stars that came in didn't realize that I was the real movie star, even though I was making paper baskets for the french fries. I said, "Actually you were the one who was the star. If you remember, you were at that restaurant when you were chosen by a journalist to be featured in Rolling Stone's 30th anniversary. He wrote that he was struck by your spirituality." I was almost embarrassed to remind him, like when you see a famous person and don't acknowledge that you know them. He said, "Well that's because when I was born Mick Jagger came to me and said I was going to be in the Rolling Stone's issue. It was planned Tracey, don't you get it?" That's when I saw that my ego was the last thing I ever had to worry about with him. All the usual insecurities that perpetuate arrested development were abolished and I could have a pure dialogue. It was a case of learning important lessons about the human condition. He could project his greatness onto me but when I pointed out his own he had to MENTALLY skip town. He couldn't hold it. This reminded me how earlier that day I read in The New Yorker that Mike Tyson went to his own premiere at Caan. When it was over, he received a ten minute standing ovation. He turned to the director and said, "Are they making fun of me?" He still could not comprehend his own beauty. It was too difficult to let that foreign light into his system. Serge told me that he could finally go now. He could leave the streets because this was our final meeting, so he didn't need to be a bum anymore. He took his nubs and pressed them deep into my hands. I was scared, however I allowed myself to feel it and to say goodbye to him. And in going into frightening territory, I was shown how to integrate my own light into much needed dark areas of myself. When he sang, his voice broke down molecules in the air around us and penetrated to the core of everything. He had said he'd like to be a singer one day and to also get married. I don't feel him here anymore. Only for a brief moment in time - to bestow blessings on us all- for those who would accept them. For those who would accept them.
[i]"There is nothing as wild in the books of Man as will probably happen here on Earth...it will happen and be allowed to happen simply because all this is so incredible that nobody will even think of stopping it until it is far, far too late"~LRH[/i]

Ladybird

Post by Ladybird » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:36 am

From WWP:

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/291-scie ... ale-58036/

Tell Ivan to go looking for his son in Glendale.

West Colorado Street and Orange Street

Serge Obolensky, 33, was arrested March 13 on suspicion of trespassing.
[i]"There is nothing as wild in the books of Man as will probably happen here on Earth...it will happen and be allowed to happen simply because all this is so incredible that nobody will even think of stopping it until it is far, far too late"~LRH[/i]

ladayla

Post by ladayla » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:19 pm

Ladybird wrote:From WWP:

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/291-scie ... ale-58036/

Tell Ivan to go looking for his son in Glendale.

West Colorado Street and Orange Street

Serge Obolensky, 33, was arrested March 13 on suspicion of trespassing.
hey yah did you see Patti 'Pooks' comment to Gottabrain about this over on ESMB?
Looks like you can take a girl out of OSA, but you can't take OSA out of a girl.

la

neil c

Re: The Sad Sad Tale of Serge Obelinsky

Post by neil c » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:05 pm

Thankfully Serge is still alive

This was posted on WWP on tuesday
I've seen a man around Hollywood a couple of times, and I saw him today. He was obviously homeless and he looked terrible. He was also missing both of his hands. I didn't get a good look at his face so I couldn't see if he was missing an eye, too. Is this Serge? How many handless homeless folks are there in Hollywood? I came across this thread and anther on the OCMB forums about Serge. It's an incredible story -- anyone have any updated information about Serge? I should've just talked to the guy today when I had the chance.
http://forums.whyweprotest.net/threads/ ... ale.51411/

Return to “Your story from inside Scientology”