The Sad Sad Tale of Serge Obelinsky

Share your personal experiences with others. We're not here to judge or criticise, but to share and support.

Moderator: Dorothy

Smurf

Re: The Sad Sad Tale of Serge Obelinsky

Post by Smurf » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:01 am

neil c wrote:Thankfully Serge is still alive. This was posted on WWP on tuesday..."and I saw him today"... "He was also missing both of his hands. I didn't get a good look at his face so I couldn't see if he was missing an eye, too. Is this Serge?"
I hate it when people post shit and don't have a clue what they're talking about. First, some guy that has never posted before on WWP, signs up, and claims he saw Serge, but then asks if this was him??
Last edited by Smurf on Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Smurf

Post by Smurf » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:00 am

This was sent to me today by an anonymous source. I do not have a scanner, so my thanks to AnonyMary for posting it for me. This is a photo of Serge Obolensky in 1998 in a Life Magazine piece, following his recovery from a bomb blast of his own making. Serge is homeless now, abandoned by his parents, and brother, who want nothing to do with him, and have refused media requests to talk about Serge.

The prosthetics you see in the photo were stolen from him years ago.

Demented LRH

Post by Demented LRH » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:35 pm

If I were to read about Serge month ago, I would have said that his decision to produce a home-made bomb has nothing to do with his Scientology past. But, after reading the ESMB stories of ex-Scientologists who had to undergo various medical treatments after leaving the cult, I think that the Tech did make Serge mentally unstable.
“This OT shit is driving me insane. On a positive side, I laugh a lot these days because I’m at a funny farm.”
L. Ron Hubbard

L. Ron Hubbard era un maestro de masturbacion fisica y mental.

Smurf

Post by Smurf » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:16 pm

Demented LRH wrote:If I were to read about Serge month ago, I would have said that his decision to produce a home-made bomb has nothing to do with his Scientology past. But, after reading the ESMB stories of ex-Scientologists who had to undergo various medical treatments after leaving the cult, I think that the Tech did make Serge mentally unstable.
First, it is not an easy task to make a bomb. You also need materials to build one. You need $$ to purchase the materials.

The story goes that Serge was declared unstable by the cult, neglected by his parents, but under the watchful eyes of PAC guards. If this was true, they were aware of what he was up to. Why did they report it & put a stop to it? Where did Serge get the $$ to buy the materials? The stories about him have a lot of holes in them.

mr_bad

Post by mr_bad » Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:12 am

That's him.

I sat on the loading dock and smoked a cigarette with Serge about a week before he was offloaded "quietly and without sorrow."

I didn't think much of it at the time because I had become accustomed to seeing people "churned and burned" through the CC. Plus, I was busy trying to stay afloat or thinking about getting the hell out of there myself.

But that is the image of Serge that still haunts me.
Here's Jabba the Hub as he writes crappy sci-fi while his wife sits prison...OT Priorities personified!!!

Sea Horse

Post by Sea Horse » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:31 am

Smurf wrote:The story goes that Serge was declared unstable by the cult, neglected by his parents, but under the watchful eyes of PAC guards. If this was true, they were aware of what he was up to. Why did[n't] they report it & put a stop to it? Where did Serge get the $$ to buy the materials? The stories about him have a lot of holes in them.
Because he was cheap-cheap labor. As long as you can breathe and follow orders most of the time, they will use you to the end of your limits. When you're no longer "usable", they throw you out.

Cof$ doesn't care one wit about "what is right, or legal" or whether someone should be reported to the police... or, god forbid, the mental health professionals.
We are the architects of our own lives. Design and build the life you want.

Readyforaction

Post by Readyforaction » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:26 pm

He seems,to get around. He was arrested in Salt Lake on September 13, 2009 and September 16, 2009.

mr_bad

Post by mr_bad » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:33 am

At least he's still alive.

His right looks closed. I wonder, if he lost his eye.
Here's Jabba the Hub as he writes crappy sci-fi while his wife sits prison...OT Priorities personified!!!

Smurf

Post by Smurf » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:58 am

mr_bad wrote:At least he's still alive. His right looks closed. I wonder, if he lost his eye.
I haven't found anything to show he lost an eye, but it sure looks like it from the photo. The self-made bomb did blow up in his face.

Readyforaction

Post by Readyforaction » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:03 am

Smurf wrote:
mr_bad wrote:At least he's still alive. His right looks closed. I wonder, if he lost his eye.
I haven't found anything to show he lost an eye, but it sure looks like it from the photo. The self-made bomb did blow up in his face.
In Ladybird's Dexember 18, 2009 post In this thread, the large quoted paragraph she has put in there discusses that he did lose an eye. Touching story from someone who knew him outside of Scientology.

Smurf

Post by Smurf » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:22 am

Readyforaction wrote:In Ladybird's Dexember 18, 2009 post In this thread, the large quoted paragraph she has put in there discusses that he did lose an eye. Touching story from someone who knew him outside of Scientology.
He, obviously, didn't lose the eye in the explosion, because, as you can see in the Life Magazine photo, both his eyes are intact. I suspect that some infection may have occurred at a later date resulting in his right eye being removed.

mr_bad

Post by mr_bad » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:58 am

Smurf wrote:
Readyforaction wrote:In Ladybird's Dexember 18, 2009 post In this thread, the large quoted paragraph she has put in there discusses that he did lose an eye. Touching story from someone who knew him outside of Scientology.
He, obviously, didn't lose the eye in the explosion, because, as you can see in the Life Magazine photo, both his eyes are intact. I suspect that some infection may have occurred at a later date resulting in his right eye being removed.
This makes me feel miserable.

Ellieairc

Post by Ellieairc » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:21 am

The nice answer

Karen#1

Post by Karen#1 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:59 am

This video on psychiatry contains Serge Obelinsky and what happened

Scientology Inc WAR On Psychiatry ~~ let's examine this more

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLkGbLNaaTg

rentdrespbt

Post by rentdrespbt » Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:28 am

lkwdblds - thanks for your insight into the Most Ethical Group On The Planet.

Moar?

Return to “Your story from inside Scientology”