Scientology dreams anyone?

Share your personal experiences with others. We're not here to judge or criticise, but to share and support.

Moderator: Dorothy

Galileo

Scientology dreams anyone?

Post by Galileo » Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:41 pm

For the first time in many years I had a Scientology related dream the other night (I've been out of the cult since 1985).

THE DREAM

My girlfriend and I were staying at a hotel. I found a weird remote that looked like a garage door opener remote. When I pressed it a hole opened up in the floor, revealing a shaft going down a long ways (like on "Lost"). Instead of a ladder there was a pole in the middle with a small platform and an up/down switch to operate this tiny elevator. We went down to the bottom, quite a long ways, and found ourselves in another room very similar to our motel room, but with books and other stuff that made it seem more like a home. We thought this was cool - a secret place to hide and be alone.

There was a door in the main room, so we went through it to look around. Outside was a huge central room with a very high ceiling, branching off to many other rooms like ours, and lots of Sea Org personnel walking briskly to and fro. One of them spotted us because we didn't have on SO uniforms, and asked us if we were doing A to J (ethics steps to get back in the cult). I said no, we were just visiting. They said to get back in that room and write down your overts, and they'd be right with us to "help" us get back into the cult (my girlfriend was never in). I got very paranoid that we were going to be kidnapped/falsely imprisoned until we did A to J so I said, "OK we will wait for you in there." We went back in and immediately I explained to my girlfriend that we had to get out of there fast! I was freaked that the elevator might not be able to take both of us up to the hotel, but it did. Once I closed the secret entrance I wondered if this was the Fort Harrison Hotel. I cannot tell you how relieved I was to be out of there!

----------------

When I was on staff I used to have awful dreams about body routing. I never did body routing and would have refused to do it if asked or ordered.

Any other good Scientology dreams?

quaoar

Post by quaoar » Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:57 pm

Galileo -

I'm a currently sober alcoholic (5+years). I have one or two alcohol-related dreams every year. They are in technicolor, 5.1 sound, widescreen, credits scrolling at the end. I think this is the brain's method of helping to resolve the essential dilemma between what we were, and what we are now. I think others have similar dreams, depending on their suite of demons. Mine is alcohol, yours is the kult. I am frankly not surprised that you had this dream.

I will say that my dreams leave me sweating, high heart rate, and scared to death.

Q

Sara

Post by Sara » Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:16 pm

I haven't dreamed about $centology for quite a while, but I had a dream recently that I was visiting my old berthing room in the Big Blue Complex in Los Angeles. The building was deserted, and the room was empty except for some beds. I take this as a good sign. 8)

For several years after I left the Sea Org, I had nightmares that I was back on staff in the Sea Org. I would have a horrible, trapped feeling and I couldn't believe I had agreed to go back on staff. What a relief when I woke up and realized it was a dream and I was free!

The Target

Post by The Target » Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:50 pm

I keep waking up every night worried about a dear friend of mine who still goes to church.
If she doesn't get out soon, I'm going to have to see a psychiatrist because i just can't let this go.

lulu_belle

Post by lulu_belle » Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:01 pm

Sara wrote:For several years after I left the Sea Org, I had nightmares that I was back on staff in the Sea Org. I would have a horrible, trapped feeling and I couldn't believe I had agreed to go back on staff. What a relief when I woke up and realized it was a dream and I was free!
Sara,

I don't know if you are a member of the XSO group.

Apparently many, many ex-SO have exactly that same dream. Or some version of it. Some have it almost every night, especially right after leaving the Sea Org.

Often it's a weird blend of your current life and your old Sea Org life. Like a dream where you are on staff but you are trying to leave the org because you know you're late for work in your "real" job, and you can't escape.

If you are not a member of the XSO group, check it out. There's been a lot of discussion about this subject there.

programmer_guy

Post by programmer_guy » Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:42 am

Nope. I don't remember having any dreams about Scientology - certainly not now.

My dreams usually have to do with thoughts that I have suppressed/ignored during that previous day. I could tell you what they are BUT then I'd hafta kill you. <snicker>

dingdång

Post by dingdÃ¥ng » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:15 pm

This is a dream I had for some time ago. Ive been out since 3 years now.

In the dream I was beeing chased by some cos staff, they were more like someone from the Matrix movie. They never did catch me though.
Until Tom Cruise got hold of me. He told me very seriously that I needed to do my O/W writ up and then do the conditions. And that Scientology was my only chance....
Then I woke up.....Brrr...and it was a very real dream to!

Take care everyone! :)

Sarah

Post by Sarah » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:47 pm

I sometimes have dreams where I am at the org to pick up my friend as I have done many many times before. The staff and public are a bit surprised to see me and don't know how to react to me being there. I am just smiling and thinking inside myself: See, leaving Scientology isn't dangerous, we can co-exist. At the same time I am very alert to everything that goes on around me and leave the org with my friend before anyone have realized that I am not back as a Scientologist.

I interpret the dream that I wish some things will return to normal. That our friendship can be reestablished and I can go pick her up at the org as I have done so often.

Sarah

Musicianer

Post by Musicianer » Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:08 am

I have the "oh no,I'm back at the Org,how did this happen,I gotta get out of here" dream a couple of times a year.
It seems to have replaced the "I'm in grade school,and suddenly I'm not wearing pants" dream in the repertoire.Apparently that's a fairly common one.

SchwimmelPuckel

Post by SchwimmelPuckel » Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:35 am

Horrible! - To be back in the Org with no pants! - Those people even get offended if you flount your 'ruds' there...

Welcome to OCMB anyway!
:onebounce:
[i]Ask not what [url=http://www.lermanet.com][color=blue]Scientology[/color][/url] can do for you, ask what the F*arck! is going on.[/i]

Soylent Purple

Post by Soylent Purple » Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:48 am

Having dreams about something which was a big part of your life is not unusual, and is probably quite healthy (i'd be worried if my brain locked away stuff to be honest).

I had my first dream about my dad about 4 years after he died, and that really cut me up. I felt nothing as he was dying, and nothing at the funeral etc. Then 4 years later BAHM.
"Due to some brilliant maneuvering by some simply genius Sea Org Members we tied up the majority of the psychs who were attempting to get to families yesterday in Q&A, bullbait and wrangling." CoS doing the terrorists' work for them at 9/11.

serenitynow

Post by serenitynow » Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:57 am

I've had the same sort of dreams as many of you have had...

I still have the dream where I get tricked into joining the Sea Org again by a girl who was a recruitment officer at my org. I try to go home, and I'm told my house is sold and my children have been let go to be adopted. I try to escape the Big Blue through the tunnels underneath that connect it to ASHO and LA Day and there are bars everywhere blocking my way and sad RPFers telling me I will never leave.

I woke from this dream a few months ago crying uncontrollably. I hope someday I can get past this.

Serenity Now
"We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us."- Joseph Campbell

Antique Hoax

Post by Antique Hoax » Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:17 am

serenitynow wrote:I've had the same sort of dreams as many of you have had...

I still have the dream where I get tricked into joining the Sea Org again by a girl who was a recruitment officer at my org. I try to go home, and I'm told my house is sold and my children have been let go to be adopted. I try to escape the Big Blue through the tunnels underneath that connect it to ASHO and LA Day and there are bars everywhere blocking my way and sad RPFers telling me I will never leave.

I woke from this dream a few months ago crying uncontrollably. I hope someday I can get past this.

Serenity Now
Perfectly normal dream Serenity, you will stop having it when you no longer need it.

The dream is just a "friendly" reminder of what you escaped, and to keep you resolved of that. Your children are safe now, you are safe now. Know that truth in your heart and soul. The dream will vanish when you do.

My best to you and yours,
Bubba

marlysfan

Post by marlysfan » Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:22 pm

Crazy, crazy, insane Scientology dreams...my reactive mind must be chalk full of engrams, or something.

First, I went to the org for Sunday service with a handsome young man. It was kind of a date, or something. I went, but I was worried that they would find out I was a declared SP (I'm not in real life, but in dream life I was).

So, we get there, and it starts out with a band playing, kind of like a regular church. Then we all move to the back and sit down to watch videos...that is when I get called out...some head honcho at the org KNOWS who I am, even though I have been keeping my head down. I get kicked out. Right outside it's a very, very bad part of town. People are smoking grass outside of the org. A man pulls out his own tooth and sells it for two dollars.

I go back in the org...people are clamoring around me, begging for marijuana. "Did you get any out there? Do you have any more?" I said no, and stayed in the org. They tried to kick me out, but I wanted to stay. I wouldn't leave. That's all I can remember.

Also, sort of unrelated, but in a latter dream last night I was dating Nicole Kidman! We had a baby together that I took care of. We went to the dollar store together. I only mention this b/c she's a former Scientologist.

*sorry for all the tense shifts!!

-L

Sarah

Post by Sarah » Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:13 pm

Dear Serenitynow

If you want to stop having the dream you can decide to change the dream by using one of the techniques in Creative dreaming by Patricia Grafield

I taught myself to (in my dreams) create doors, cars, pistols and whatever I needed from reading that book. I guess you can say that you can be as OT as you can imagine in your dreams.

Have you ever read "Illusions" by Richard Bach? In it the messias teaches him that he can walk on the water and swim in the earth. I used that once in a dream where I had to escape a follower out in the woods. I came to a cleft and thought I would die if I went over the edge - then I remembered the book and decided the earth below would be like water - I jumped over the edge and the earth was like water. The dream ended with me swimming away from a very surprised follower.

Enjoy :)
Sarah

Return to “Your story from inside Scientology”