Scientology dreams anyone?

Share your personal experiences with others. We're not here to judge or criticise, but to share and support.

Moderator: Dorothy

d1684

Re: Scientology dreams anyone?

Post by d1684 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:45 pm

I was never in Scientology, but I read Fishman's "Lone Squirrel" and he mentioned how he dreams of his "past life" in Aushwitz, and how vivid they are. Poor guy is having nightmares about things that never actually happened to him, and it's Scientology's fault. I imagine a lot of people who leave Scientology need counseling to get over all the things that were done to their minds.
"[If] anyone wants a monopoly on Dianetics, be assured that he wants it for reasons which have to do not with dianetics but with profit." —Dianetics by L.Ron Hubbard..who made $640 million dollars from Dianetics. Just a Coincidence.

Intelligence

Post by Intelligence » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:15 am

My nightmare dreams are becoming less frequent, but when I do have one now; it's a dooooozy, and
I wake up soaking wet from sweat. Aweful indeed.

But the problems I have, seem to be when I'm awake. Like at work when a similar
incident like when I was in the cult compound happens in front of me. It triggers
a reaction, but different to how I reacted to the original incident in the cult.

I get quite assertive and will close the door to my supervisor's office and express
my feelings and opinions. The incidents are mostly Human Rights and Freedoms
issues.

It really bothers me now when I or I see someone else being treated abusively
or unfairly. I have to be careful to keep my Irish temper in check; which I do.

I really feel for those who still experience nightnmares. My prayers are with you :-)

Ladybird

Post by Ladybird » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:04 pm

This is a great thread, many people shared their dreams and nightmares after getting out of the cult. The 1st few pages are the best, before the bots came in and started being jerks.

Here is a really fun video that I hope will replace some of our nightmares about the cult: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Z5DI0ZQuNg
[i]"There is nothing as wild in the books of Man as will probably happen here on Earth...it will happen and be allowed to happen simply because all this is so incredible that nobody will even think of stopping it until it is far, far too late"~LRH[/i]

lambear

Post by lambear » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:19 am

I have finally graduated from horrifying nightmares to just amusing dreams of the cult trying to play nice again. Now, instead of waking up with a high heart rate and loads of fear, I wake up just shaking my head. Mostly, at the idea that after all of this time, they still invade my dreams.

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:23 am

I had this dream last night. It's quite a change from what I used to have and I think you may find it amusing. I don't remember it in great detail but I'll hit the high points. Keep in mind this is about a dream and not something that actually happened.

I was in a scientology org, gathering documents and evidence for use against scientology. I had quite a few things gathered up from the HCO area and from the LRH communicator's office. As it happened Hubbard himself had come to visit this particular org and he was in the doorway greeting people. That doorway was the only way I could get out of there with the stuff I had collected. I waited until there was quite a crowd of people going out and fell in behind them but the old fart spotted me. He smiled at me and greeted me. Then he put his arm around my shoulder and talked about some nice things he had in store for my future. I looked at him, smiled and said, "Thanks. Now, get out of my dream." He receded into the distance and became a dot like the one that used to remain on old black and white television screens when you turned them off. At the same time the org emptied out and all the people who were in it ran away.

I'd say that even though I still have them, my scientology dreams are changing.
“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:39 am

I have these dreams infrequently now, but I had a couple within three nights so I figure if I write them down here that will help make them go away, which does tend to work.

In the first one I was inside a scientology org for some reason. There was an event about to happen and everyone was bustling about for that. The guest of honor was that woman who kept the five year olds out of Subway - Noelle North. I didn't want to be there, so I went into the basement to get to an entrance way that wasn't must used. Except when I got down there the executive director's dog that was being kept in the basement started to bark. So I ran for the door and then down the street with about three people running after me. I headed for an empty lot surrounded by a fence and jumped the fence. At that point I realized this was a dream.

In the second one I was in a scientology org and on staff but I'd been not doing anything as far as production goes, nor caring about it. There was an event coming up later in the day. I didn't go to it. Instead I walked out of the org and walked away.

There has been quite a bit of a change from the dreams the way they are now compared to earlier ones. In the ones that have been happening recently I am either not a scientologist or I am one but don't want to be one. I would rather not have the dreams at all but I consider that change in them as being positive.
Doris Lessing

Demented LRH

Post by Demented LRH » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:38 pm

I did not have a single Scientology dream since I left the cult. But when I was moving my ass through the EPF, I used to dream almost every night of mopping the floor -- this is exactly what I was doing during the day.
“This OT shit is driving me insane. On a positive side, I laugh a lot these days because I’m at a funny farm.”
L. Ron Hubbard

L. Ron Hubbard era un maestro de masturbacion fisica y mental.

bagelboi

Post by bagelboi » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:12 am

I dreamed vividly and frequently in my formative years, of horses and sailboats, airplanes, and being able to fly like the birds. I dreamed quite regularly that I could fly. As I moved into my teens I began having less recollection of dreams and the flying dreams stopped altogether :(

My dream life in the first couple of years of Scientology courses and auditing was rich and active. In those early auditing sessions I had HUGE case gain, I couldn't get enough. Each win felt like a mountaintop that I'd conquered. As my enthusiasm for Scientology grew so did my dream life. Something about what I was doing unlocked my mind and that allowed me to dream as though I were a child again. For the first time since childhood I dreamed I could fly :D and that felt like the biggest win of all. Naturally this was played this up by my auditor and the C/S as proof of the worth and efficacy of the tech and I bought every word.

As I progressed on the bridge the dreams started to come less frequently. By the time I attested clear I don't think I was recalling dreams at all, but by then I didn't really care. I got a "high" from the tech. I felt powerful!

Fast forward eleven years later to leaving Scientology. Once I isolated myself from the church I began having very bad dreams. I frequently dreamed I was being pursued and one recurring dream was me in a 7-11 parking lot trying to hide from someone with a gun who is intent on killing me. Another dream had me locked up in my family home with no way to get out and a hydrogen bomb in the basement. Sometimes my sister would rescue me. The emotion I recall in the months after leaving the cult was unbridled panic. I guess maybe it was a kind of withdrawal. As I sorted my life out and more time passed my dream life returned to the state I was in before I began auditing, that is to say I was aware of dreaming but rarely recalled them.

Today I have done a lot of meditative work and I now have a little bit of control over my dream state. I am gradually learning lucid dreaming. I find that times of stress or change cause me to notice my dreams more than usual.

Right now I am in the midst of selling a business and my dream life has become more active again. A few months ago during a time of relative uncertainty I did have one dream where I was back in the mission doing auditing. I recall terror at picking up the cans, as though I would be harmed or electrocuted or something. It was frightening but not so much that it made me panicky. I'd classify it as a bad dream rather than a nightmare. I have never had a pleasant dream about the cult. When I dream at all about Scientology it is always negative in some respect, always unpleasant, always a warning, always cautionary. I think in a way my mind is forcing me to recall some of the feelings and fears I had before I finally walked out that door for the last time.

Dreams about Scientology are fortunately rare. In hindsight the whole eleven years I was on the bridge were nightmarish. That's enough for this lifetime.

If you are reading this and want to leave Scientology too just remember, the nearest way out is the door. Do it, the sunshine feels so good!

Thanks for reading,
Guy

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:20 am

I had a small scientology dream last night; hardly worth mentioning, but here it is anyway.

I was on staff in an org. I was in the public area at a desk with the product officer, ethics officer and other seniors overseeing me. I faked working by moving papers around and writing gibberish on them. Then I stood up and walked past all the goons and out the door into the sunshine and away from the org. At that point I became aware that I was dreaming.
Doris Lessing

Demented LRH

Post by Demented LRH » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:14 pm

As I said before, I never had Scientology dreams after I left the cult. But, I suppose, reading this thread made me dream about CoS couple of days ago,
I do not remember the whole dream, just a part of it. In that dream I was an anti-Scientology mole working in the CoS LA headquarters building deep in the basement. I was doing some meaningless job and waiting for a moment to strike the cult. They knew that the mole is somewhere in the building, but they kept looking for me above the ground. Finally someone discovered me but could not report my activities to the Church elders because I took precautions by strangling him. I remember burying his body in an empty basement room. After that he dream got hazy and I woke up.
Last edited by Demented LRH on Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“This OT shit is driving me insane. On a positive side, I laugh a lot these days because I’m at a funny farm.”
L. Ron Hubbard

Demented LRH

Post by Demented LRH » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:20 pm

Demented LRH wrote:As I said before, I never had Scientology dreams after I left the cult. But, I suppose, reading this thread made me dream about CoS couple of days ago,
I do not remember the whole dream, just a part of it. In that dream I was an anti-Scientology mole working in the CoS LA headquarters building deep in the basement. I was doing some meaningless job and waiting for a moment to strike the cult. They knew that the mole is somewhere in the building, but they kept looking for me above the ground. Finally someone discovered me but could not report my activities to the Church elders because I took precautions by strangling him. I remember burying his body in an empty basement room. After that he dream got hazy and I woke up.
L. Ron Hubbard

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:35 am

I had a $cientology dream last night. In this one I was visited at my home by a $cientology registrar. This was no one I recognize from anywhere. He was above average height, heavy set and muscular; late thirties to early forties. He insisted on having access to my computer and put a disk in it that played some kind of message that I was supposed to watch.

I didn't want to watch it, so I told him to leave. He asked me why. I told him that as it was my home I didn't need to give him a reason for getting out of my home, and that he was now a trespasser and I'd call the law into it if he didn't get out.

He went out and stood on the lawn out front just outside the front door. I went out and told him he was still on the property and he would have to move further away to be off it. He moved toward the road and than sat down on the grass facing the road.

A black and white cat came along and approached him. I didn't want him to get the cat so I went to get it so it wouldn't get near him. He stood up and objected to this. I told him I didn't want him touching the cat. I put the cat down and it went away.

The registrar grabbed me and attempted to overpower me. I fought back, reversed his hold on me and wrestled him to the ground, essentially defeating him. At that point I realized that what was happening was a dream.
Doris Lessing

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:49 am

I rarely have $cientology dreams anymore but I had one last night. It's funny that the asshole nature of $cientology's organization still manages to come through in the dreams.

I don't have much narrative. All I remember is some guy assigning me to a post where I was in charge of division six. They made such a big happy deal of it. In $cientology just about everything disastrous that management has in store for anyone is always preceded with some statement delivered with faux enthusiasm about how great what is about to take place is going to be. ("Come the the most exciting fund raising event ever!" after which you find yourself with maxed out credit cards and a mortgage that will soon put you out in the street.)

So I find myself at a desk in the parking garage of a large building with all kinds of detritus on and around the desk and the certain knowledge that now I have to get a stat. So I spent the time from that moment until I finally figured I was in a dream working out when I would blow. The thoughts went something like, "Well I could stay for the first week but I'll blow in the second week."

Kee-rist-almighty, I'm still f**king brainwashed!
Doris Lessing

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:36 am

L. Ron Hubbard was in my latest $cientology dream. In this one I presume I was on staff in an org. I had the task of setting things up for a visit from Ron to the org.

I think he was coming for a special confidential OT briefing. The room assigned for the meeting was quite large. It was large enought to hold events. It had been cleared out except for a couch, a coffee table and four or five chairs. Hubbard showed up with a little entourage. He got the couch. All the participants, including Hubbard, wore a four by seven card on their left breast that had something like "SPECIAL CONFIDENTIAL OT BRIEFING" on it.

I shooed all the people who weren't to be in the meeting out of the room and was about to leave, when one of the senior staff members in the org got all angry with me. This guy was wearing a brown and beige wool sweater. He yelled at me and then got up in my face so as to intimidate me. However I had size, reach and muscle mass on the guy. The only thing he had going for him was that he was OT and I am not OT (something I'm quite proud of now).

I looked down on him and said, "I was just leaving but if you want to make something of it I can demonstrate a right cross and we'll see just how OT you really are."

At that point I drifted into wakefulness.
Doris Lessing

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:22 pm

I had a very brief $cientology dream last night.

I was somewhere away from $cientology on my own having a good time. Then I got the thought that I had to go to the org. I don't know the reason why I had to go there but I felt compelled to go there. I began to feel a sense of panic and pressure. Then I thought, "I don't have to go there. I can stay here." I felt better and then began to wake.

Yes, it's somewhat positive but I'd rather not have any $cientology dreams, thank you.
Doris Lessing

Return to “Your story from inside Scientology”