CELEBRITY CENTER MEMORIES - SOME GOOD STORIES

Share your personal experiences with others. We're not here to judge or criticise, but to share and support.

Moderator: Dorothy

elvis

CELEBRITY CENTER MEMORIES - SOME GOOD STORIES

Post by elvis » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:54 am

[b]Remembering Celebrity Center[/b]

Does anyone remember an ethics officer (before Margaret George) in the early 70's. She was very stern and scary. I think her name was Hazel. Help!

elvis

Re: CELEBRITY CENTER MEMORIES - SOME GOOD STORIES

Post by elvis » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:09 am

Does anyone know if Margaret George is still alive?

elvis

Post by elvis » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:24 am

I remember many things. Especially the constant doubt I experienced related to injustices. (Seems to be a theme in my life.) One thing that strikes me is that some of the people who left and began to express their doubts, disappointments, anger, etc. were themselves victimizers. I wonder if any of them ever felt guilt or responsibility for the harm they doled out or if they just see themselves as victims. I remember going to an affair that was meant to blow off charge for "unhappy customers". I was one of maybe 100 people at an event narrated by Heber Jentzsch and his wife Karen. I spoke at one point something about Yvonne Gillham who had died from a brain tumor. I adored Yvonne and she was always kind and loving to me. I expressed the pov that I had seen many staff over the years who were sick or who disappeared and died, or who had rotten teeth or horrible infections. None of them had any health insurance. I felt they were used as slave labor and that bothered me.

Karen asked: What did you think about Yvonne's death?

I said literally: I was blown away by it.

Karen screamed and pointed at me and yelled: Look, that person is glad Yvonne died!!!

Ms. Jentzsch, was wearing a wig, looked as strange as a evangelist. One sick person in power can be so ugly.l

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:34 pm

Welcome, elvis. Three of your posts have been approved, so you are now a regular poster.

If you have details about Margaret George, like her middle or maiden name, her approximate year of birth, the last year you know she was alive, and where she has been living, I can look her up on the Social Security Death Index. There are several Margaret George women who have died in the last decade in California.

elvis

Post by elvis » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:11 pm

Hi. She was probably in her early 40's in the early 70's. If she is still with us, she would be in her late 80's or 90's. I was forced to separate from my boyfriend at the time. We were living in the maids quarters at the house up in the house that celebrity center moved into up in Kensington. I didn't have anywhere to go and Margaret George offered to let me stay at her apartment for several days. I think she was gay (in an environment that demonized homosexuality) and (probably connected) had an alcohol problem. One wall in her apt was covered with dried up raw eggs that she had thrown at the wall one evening. In the kitchen I opened kitchen drawers looking for a spoon. The drawers were filled with rushing cockroaches. That filth was a contrast to the perfectly groomed image she always presented with her ironed jeans and crisp blue denim shirts and her aviator glasses in her immaculate Corvette. The story was that she was a duchess or some English royalty. She actually was very kind to me, although she had a fearsome presence.

Readyforaction

Post by Readyforaction » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:07 pm

elvis wrote:I remember many things. Especially the constant doubt I experienced related to injustices. (Seems to be a theme in my life.) One thing that strikes me is that some of the people who left and began to express their doubts, disappointments, anger, etc. were themselves victimizers. I wonder if any of them ever felt guilt or responsibility for the harm they doled out or if they just see themselves as victims. I remember going to an affair that was meant to blow off charge for "unhappy customers". I was one of maybe 100 people at an event narrated by Heber Jentzsch and his wife Karen. I spoke at one point something about Yvonne Gillham who had died from a brain tumor. I adored Yvonne and she was always kind and loving to me. I expressed the pov that I had seen many staff over the years who were sick or who disappeared and died, or who had rotten teeth or horrible infections. None of them had any health insurance. I felt they were used as slave labor and that bothered me.

Karen asked: What did you think about Yvonne's death?

I said literally: I was blown away by it.

Karen screamed and pointed at me and yelled: Look, that person is glad Yvonne died!!!

Ms. Jentzsch, was wearing a wig, looked as strange as a evangelist. One sick person in power can be so ugly.l
I understand how you must feel about that experience and you are entitled to that opinion. I knew and loved Yvonne. I am also acquainted with Karen, she is the one who led me to this board.

What a person is forced to look like when they are in Sea Org or Scientology in general and who they really are is two different things. Perhaps if you were to read her personal story on this forum:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=34086

or her most active thread about the abuses at Riverside Base

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=41348

your opinion might change a little bit. I am not saying you are wrong to feel the way you did about that experience, but you may want to introduce yourself to who Karen is today.
Last edited by Readyforaction on Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

I'mglib

Post by I'mglib » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:20 pm

Hi, Elvis. Welcome to the board. Hopefully someone will know what happened to Hazel and Margaret George.
"A man may build himself a throne of bayonets, but he cannot sit on it." -William Ralph Inge

Watch the Los Angeles press conference here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ScilonTV#p/

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:01 am

So Margaret George lived in Kensington, in London?

elvis

Post by elvis » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:06 am

no, CC moved to a large house in the Kensington part of LA. It was a large house. It was built for a large family, not for 100's of people. Within a few days the toilets were overflowing and it smelled like a sewer overflow. I was having issues with my boyfriend and I had to leave. After being routed to ethics and being told that I must leave and couldn't talk to him anymore, I left devastated. On that day I went to the little restaurant at the top of Beachwood. I was struck at how pleasant and friendly people were out in the real world. I was sure they could see the shame and fear I had internalized from my experience. But they were real and kind. It was a shock. I began to realize how distorted my world view had become.

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:47 am

There is a Kensington Ave in Cerritos in Los Angeles. is that where Margarete George lived?

elvis

Post by elvis » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:02 am

I just remembered the name of the other ethics officer. Her name was Clarice Jackson. I wonder what happened to her.

Return to “Your story from inside Scientology”