My story from my Exit Therapy

Share your personal experiences with others. We're not here to judge or criticise, but to share and support.

Moderator: Dorothy

freethinker01
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by freethinker01 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:35 pm

Thank you Wieber,
What you have written is amazing and laid out so well. I am looking forward to reading more.

Freethinker

spacecootie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by spacecootie » Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:59 pm

Wieber wrote:An order from Flag came that all staff members involved in selling had to study and word clear a book called Big League Sales Closing Techniques. This was a book written by a wog that elron had chosen as the text book for sales staff in all the orgs.

I was taken off Staff Status 1 and put on reading the sales book. This book was extremely difficult for me to read. It came in a plain ugly brown cover, had flat cheap paper and was written in a style that could only be drier in the Sahara Desert. I struggled through this and eventually got through it.
Too bad you didn't buy a copy and hold on to it!

I looked up the book on Amazon.com -- starting at a hundred bucks for a used copy in "acceptable" condition! -- and found this review from a K. Saunders of Portland, Oregon:
I love this book, as it really puts your ethics in as far as using the skills he teaches to get a product, and not be a liar, or jump/skip channels!!
Now, who but a clam would use phrase "puts your ethics in"? The review is dated January 27, 2005, so the book is apparently still in use.

There's also a link on Google Products to one that apparently sold for $1,200 through Bibliophile Bookbase, and there's one on eBay for $897.59 from this guy (clicky), who is also selling some Hubbard books, Freewinds memorabilia and, strangely, Eckankar and Ruth Minshull materials (which I believe are considered suppressive/squirrel stuff).

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:35 am

I am once again off the narrative here but I think this little essay is worth putting here. I believe there is some more narrative later on before I stopped writing it. When I reach that point I may continue here with anecdotes. Just to give you some perspective on what's going here, the following is from page 67 of a work I call 'Taking My Life Back.' Again, this is my opinion.

I said I’d come back to overts. Overt in scienospeak is short for overt act. It means the commission or omission that results in less than the greatest good for the greatest number of dynamics.

That brings up another scienospeak term. The loaded language of scientology is like a giant monkey puzzle. Dynamic is another core principal of scientology. A dynamic is at first an urge to survive. Later it is a beingness. There are eight dynamics. At first these are the urge to survive as 1. self, 2. sex, family and rearing of children (now changed to creativity), 3. groups, 4. mankind (your species), 5. life forms, 6. matter, energy, space and time (MEST), 7. spirits, 8. everything. Later these same things become the beingness of them. ‘Ron says it therefore it is so; elaraitch!’

No one ever said, “Is this true? Let’s examine this and see if it really works. Let’s put forward other ideas and test them and see if this holds up.” This cannot be done for two reasons. One is that in scientology you are kept too involved with things to get into such an exercise. (That’s a cult characteristic by the way.) The other thing that prevents it is KSW. (Keeping Scientology Working, a policy that is detailed very well in many other places.) The upshot of KSW is that elron is the one and only final authority on everything.

We’re into scientology ethics and all that here. Essentially ethics boils down to what is the greatest good for the greatest number of dynamics? An overt is an act or the omission of an act that is not or does not contribute to the greatest good for the greatest number of dynamics. Now if you buy that you are now really walking on eggs, aren’t you? This very thing would cause you to introspect extremely quickly, because now you have to assess every single action or inaction that you do or do not do against this imposed standard, which was promulgated by elaraitch.

If you buy into the greatest good for the greatest number of dynamics he now has you by the balls. The first dynamic (you) is just one dynamic. There are seven others stacked against you. Anything that would benefit you lies on the first dynamic and may not be ethical. As a matter of fact, if it doesn’t align with the tenets, requirements and orders of scientology it is unethical. If you don’t give all your money, possessions, time and effort to scientology that is an overt of omission. Further than that the arbiter of your actions as to whether or not they are ethical is not you. Any action or inaction that you do or do not do could now be punishable. Got you!
“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:50 pm

I have just about run out of chronological narrative. If there are no complaints I will continue this thread with stories that will most likely be out of context.

I’d like to tell a bit about surveys. Within the tomes of the OEC (organization executive course) volumes one will find a series of HCO PLs (Hubbard Communications Office Policy Letters) that delineate scientology’s survey technology more commonly referred to as ‘survey tech.’

Surveys are done extensively within scientology. From my view and in my opinion this aspect of the ‘tech’ is misused, used improperly when it is used and mostly not used where it should be used. Having said that, Hubbard’s instructions on this subject when followed exactly may not produce useful results.

One of the situations where this ‘tech’ is abused is at scientology events. When one goes to one of these gala affairs, not only does one find one’s purse, wallet and bank account raided by ruthless fundraisers and registrars but one is virtually forced to do surveys. One gets a written survey that one must fill out and hand in. One also is asked the exact same set of questions by a staff member before one can leave.

No matter the event the questions are always the same questions. I guess no one on staff or involved in the event ever thought to look at what the event was about and design relevant questions.

Few people on staff ever did surveys. It probably would be useful to post people in public divisions to do surveys, but that wasn’t done and probably isn’t done because a person doing surveys does not directly produce income for the org. An exception to this was the LRH Comm or Lafayette Ronald Hubbard Communicator, who regularly did surveys.

Our org had a day LRH Comm and a foundation LRH Comm. These were always some of the more attractive women in the org who were fully trained and interned auditors. They would come around with their clip boards and approach staff to survey them. This provided a pleasant break from the routine since no one messed with the LRH Comm.

The problem here was that the LRH Comm would always write your name and post title on the survey for which she was asking questions. As a result the answers I always gave conformed to the party line whether I agreed with it or not. Most staff responded in this manner. We loved big brother and were not going to disappoint him with off policy answers to survey questions done for him.

One day the LRH Comm had questions about staff pay. The correct answers to this survey were that staff pay was good and that the policy for it was as it should be. This was despite the fact that most of us were undernourished and had difficulty paying rent for the places where we slept.

One staff member, who was a director in the technical division, had some suggestions about pay where staff would receive a kind of minimum wage. She had quite an extensive system of pay equity worked out that would combine a pay that would look after basic needs combined with a system that would reward the staff who were ‘upstat.’ It wasn’t long after that she received a committee of evidence and was declared a suppressive person. Whether that particular survey had anything to do with her committee of evidence or not I do not know, but there certainly was a time frame correlation.

Then there was the time we managed to do a survey and produce a promotional hand out from it. This took extra effort on the part of all involved, as the survey was done on our time, not on org time. I wanted to do the survey and produce a promotional piece for the personality test. Another individual in the division was in agreement with this.

The ‘survey tech’ was read and we method nined it. (My word processor doesn’t like scienospeak any more than I do as it just flagged ‘nined’ as an error.) Then I worked out a series of questions. This was checked over by the other staff member in on this and the division secretary. We then recruited several other staff members and some of the ‘public’ that were hanging around and went out and surveyed about a thousand people in the streets in the vicinity of the org.

Then the other staff member and I processed the surveys to get the ‘tone’ and the ‘buttons.’ In scientology when one does surveys one observes the emotional response with the answer to a question and writes down the tone scale number with the answer to the question. In processing the results you look for specific words that repeat, topics that repeat and then you add up the tone scale numbers and divide by the number of surveys.

The specific word repeats are ‘buttons.’ These are supposed to bypass the social veneer and get to the person. The topics are points of agreement or ‘affinity’ and the number is the emotional tone. From this information one can then work up the wording of an ad promoting an aspect of scientology that will use the words found from the survey and at delivered at half a tone above the average emotional tone observed by the surveyors.

From all this we came up with the required information and wrote up an ad for a handout. This had to go up lines with a CSW (completed staff work. For full information on this Google it) to get approval. Add three days to the process. The CSW came back disapproved with a cramming order on a policy called ‘Seven Points of an Ad.’ This meant going back over the survey material and rewriting the ad to conform to that policy. Why this wasn’t pointed out to us when we started doing the survey, I’ll never know, because the fact we were doing this wasn’t exactly a secret.

Five days later we submitted the new ad with the CSW and after another three days it came back with notes for changes. These were made and the ad was resubmitted and eventually came back approved with a comment from the LRH Comm at what a good team we were.

The handout copy was added to the workload of the guy doing the printing and about eight days after that we had our brand new totally on policy handouts promoting the personality test. Several thousand of these puppies were produced and handed out. In total I think we got six responses, where people actually came in for the test because of the handout.
Doris Lessing

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:42 am

Speaking of surveys and as an addendum to the previous post:

I have noticed that surveys in scientology tend to be more threatening and coercive than information gathering. This goes right back to the earliest days when I was selling books where a survey was used to gain entry to a person's personal space in order to force a sale of dianetics on them.

During that time the members of the bookseller team must have collected thousands of survey results that were discarded and never used.
Doris Lessing

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:46 am

This is another essay, but it does contain some of my experiential background. As well, I think I make some pretty good points here. As I have come to believe that the first basic human right is freedom of mind, I ask you to feel free to disagree with me.

I want to talk about homosexuality. This is foreign territory to me. I am not gay. I do not really understand those who are. I am sorry for this.

When I am talking about homosexuality I am talking about its manifestation in men and women.

When I was younger I had a fear of . . . No, that’s not quite right. I had a pathological fear of homosexual individuals. Unfortunately this led to behavior and attitudes on my part of hate, loathing, and non communication with such individuals.

In the cannon of elron’s writing we find his opinion (contrary to his opinion it is an opinion and not a fact) that those who are homosexual are stuck at an emotional level of what elron termed covert hostility.

He made a list of emotions in a particular order and to each emotional characteristic assigned an arbitrary number. He himself stated that the numbering of this chart was arbitrary. The numbers on the chart range from minus forty to plus forty. The emotional levels, called tones, range from total failure at the bottom to serenity of beingness at the top. This chart is called the “tone scale.” It was developed soon after dianetics and written extensively about in a book called ‘dianetics, science of survival.’ Later on the chart as detailed in this book was expanded into its current form.

Since elron is now dead, it is unlikely that any more work will be done to this chart. (From recent occurrences I could be wrong about that.)

The concept of such a scale could be a very useful tool, if it were subjected to analysis, experimentation, scrutiny, and testing of a scientific nature. That is unlikely to happen.

(Since I wrote that I have changed my mind. I have come to the conclusion that the tone scale as delineated by Hubbard essentially reflects the world view of a psychopath as regards other people and their emotional responses to what goes on in their lives. The only use most of the writings and lectures of Hubbard is that they give one a greater insight into the twisted logic of a person without a conscience.)

To the emotion called covert hostility elron assigned the number 1.1, or if you will, one point one. In a way this chart puts all of human emotion into the realm of newspeak as quoted earlier. Not only does this bypass the thought process to a large degree. It also tends to bypass conscience. At least that is my observation. Those who become more and more adept at the concepts in scientology tend to become more and more callous, contemptuous, and less empathic towards their fellows.

It was my experience, generally, that those who were in the group made no effort or attempt to help their fellow scientologists who fell upon hard times or who got into trouble. On the contrary it was my experience that most scientologists manifested a kind of predatory behavior towards their peers. When someone did falter or get into difficulty the general response was to further deprive that person, steal from him, cast him out and so on. I am speaking in generalities here, but as I write more and more of this narrative and discussion, particulars will emerge.

Those involved in scientology tend to focus an inordinate amount of attention, thought and discussion on the emotional tone labeled covert hostility or one-point-one. I am going to commit the high crime of giving you unquoted data. I’ve been doing that anyway, but I am here admitting it. There is a list of high crimes in one of the policy letters elron issued.

One-point-one is the emotional tone of the suppressive person. The suppressive person, according to scientology technology, is stuck at the emotional tone of one-point-one. This emotional tone is also the emotional tone of those who are evil, sexual deviants and, are you ready - homosexuals. By the way, homosexuals are also, did you know, ‘stuck’ at one-point-one on the tone scale.

I have known many homosexual individuals. Paradoxically I have unknowingly known many homosexuals. By that I mean that I have known people who were homosexuals but I didn’t know that they were until later. I have examined my experiences, interactions and memories of those whom I have known that I now know were/are homosexual individuals and put them to the test to see if they were all ‘one-point-one.’ Sometimes they manifested behavior that could be construed as covert-hostility. But it has been my experience that those individuals who had this characteristic tended to manifest a large variety of emotional expression.

There are several well known individuals who are scientologists who have careers as actors. Among them are Tom Cruise, John Travolta, Jenna Elfman, Giovanni Ribisi. It is my opinion that these actors, who are scientologists, owe the majority of their career success in the entertainment field to their physical appearance and not their acting abilities. This despite the idea that those who have achieved high levels in scientology training and processing have improved abilities and that these individuals have access and working knowledge of the tone scale. It would then follow that such individuals should have great emotional range, understanding and expression that they can bring to the characters they represent. One needs only to observe their performances, which are readily available, to see that this is not the case.

On the other hand, when I look at those performers who bring depth, breadth, believability, understanding and emotional range to the characters they play, who is it that I find tends to have the legs? The person I was thirty some years ago would hate to say this, but I will now. Those actors who have homosexual leanings tend to be among the very best in their field.

My opinion of who the best writer in the twentieth century was and is Truman Capote. One of my teachers who taught writing in college had us read a short story by Truman Capote. His diction was effectively and deceptively simple. Within three pages of reading what he had written he had me literally in tears. I cannot remember the details of what I read but even today when I think of it, I choke up.

The only writer I know of who was also a scientologist is elron. I have read some of his fiction and seen a film based on one of his fictional novels. I found his writing to be full of clichés, repetitious, simplistic and ultimately disposable. When stacked up with other pulp writers and science fiction writers he can take his place near the bottom of the stack.

Truman Capote was gay and probably the best writer of the twentieth century. That’s my opinion. You want to disagree that’s fine. But before you do, go read some of what he wrote.

I have to state something else here, assuming that this will eventually be read by others. As I stated earlier what I am writing here is about my experiences and my opinions. I am not stating this stuff as hard and fast truth, though it may be to me. You, who are reading this, are completely free to disagree with anything I state here. As a matter of fact I would be extremely gratified if you would take my opinions and chew them up and spit them back at me. I only ask that when you do that, you apply YOUR thoughts, YOUR opinions, YOUR standards, YOUR experiences, YOUR ideas and not the thoughts, opinion, standards, experiences or ideas that are imposed on you from other sources than yourself.

The tone scale is used in scientology as a diagnostic tool. As the entirety of scientology, in my opinion, was created to benefit elron hubbard, the usefulness and efficacy of his writings generally and the tone scale specifically becomes questionable.

As an artistic tool, the tone scale is apparently a complete washout. It apparently fails to give a competitive edge to those scientologists making a living in the arts. At the same time those individuals involved in the arts who are not scientologists tend to manifest greater control over the emotional content of their output than those who are scientologists.

Since the tone scale, as delineated by hubbard, does not help those artists who are scientologists and since the greater skill in using and manifesting emotion rests with those who do not have access to this tool, it can be put forward that the tone scale is not the best of tools for use in human relations and in diagnosis of the human condition. Further than that, study and subsequent use of this tool looks like it would probably be a complete waste of time and effort.
Doris Lessing

Hubbard's Mushroom

Post by Hubbard's Mushroom » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:24 pm

++++++++++++ SACRED CULT SCRIPTURE +++++++++++++

If the auditor is processing anyone known to have been in continual
association with a 1.1, he can readily and rapidly assemble the pattern
of aberration of this unlucky preclear, since it will consist of the
surface display by the 1.1 that all was being done for the preclear's good
and a continual and insidious underhanded campaign to hit the preclear at
his weakest points.

-- L. Ron Hubbard
Science of Survival, 1951 pp 177

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

tommygormanxenu

Post by tommygormanxenu » Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:18 am

Wieber i enjoy reading your stories so please keep the post coming. When you have time keep posting all the things you can recall.

We need to let scientology know they can't push everyone around or kick people around at all like they are trying to do with Keith Henson so we need to help others speak out and tell their stories.

Here is something everyone needs to know about because it undress the true harms of scientology.
http://www.lermanet.com/books/henson.htm . Keith Henson is a 64 year old man who is now sitting in a jail cell, they tell him, for 1 year.

Scientology is Evil to the core. SCIENTOLOGY PROTECTS RAPIST AND KILLS. Scientology ruins families and lives everyday. The only thing scientology can Clear is one bank account at a time

LRH was married 3 times which shows he could not stay with one wife.
L.Ron Hubbard was and evil man, crazy in the head schitzo, paranoid, psychopath, who was a psych drug taking, heavy drug using, wife beating alcoholic drunk, pathological liar, coward who let his 3rd wife go to prison for his crimes as he hid and ran away for the remaining years of his life from the FBI. L.Ron Hubbard died with psych drugs shot in his butt.
IMHO Tommy Gorman
This is my own opinion. I'd rather die speaking the truth about the harms of the cult of scientology than hide and be afraid.
http://www.lermanet.com/tomgorman/jeffreyquiros.htm

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:09 pm

My first auditing action was Method One Word Clearing. At that time it was priced for the service, so you paid the amount and the action was done to completion for the price. Since then that was changed and Method One is now delivered at whatever the price is per intensive.

So you don't have to go anywhere else for the information, an intensive is a block of auditing that is twelve and a half hours long. When you are in the chair being audited those twelve and a half hours go by extremely fast.

My auditor was a young man who had a background in television or some other media like that. He had the puff hair, the batman jaw, the mellifluous announcer voice and everything.

We got along but at the same time we didn't get along. I think that we were each secretly asking each other, "what the hell are you doing here?" It's like the question resides there but never gets asked and when it appears it gets pushed down. Then whenever you meet you have to go through the process of suppressing what you would say if it wasn't out ethics to say.

There may be an aspect of this going on inside the cult because I found that most people when they were off the job were not amenable to being sociable.

I don't remember the exact sequence but I think part of the setup prior to getting to the word clearing was a sec check. The only thing is that when you are getting auditing you paid for it isn't called a sec check.

I can't remember the details of this except that the questions were along the line of 'who do you know?, what have you done?, have you ever . . .?'

At some point I described a situation where several people pooled their money to buy some hashish at a good price and I was the one who collected the pool of money and went to see another guy who took the money and went to see someone else and came back with this big ****ing brick of hash that we then divided up and when you finally got your piece it wasn't as big as you thought it would be but you still didn't feel ripped off. Sorry for the run on sentence, but I couldn't get that out any other way.

I did that one time. The auditor then accused me of pushing drugs. Of course the accusation was in the form of an auditing question and even though it was evaluative the 'tech' did not allow him to rephrase the question.

Method One Word Clearing is done as an auditing action. The idea is to recall every misunderstood word you have had in your education and then look up that word and the word chain associated with it. A word chain is like this: You look up the word "egg" say and in the definition is the word "chicken." You misunderstand the word "chicken" and this prevents you from understanding the word "egg" so now you look up the word "chicken" and you find that you misunderstand the word "rooster," which prevents you from understanding the word "chicken," which prevents you from understanding the word "egg." Now you have a word chain.

Method One took about three days to complete. The dictionary used was the World Book two volume jobbie that Hubbard had at some point endorsed as being THE dictionary to use.

I once said to someone in charge that the org book store could make some extra money and save students some running around if they also sold dictionaries. Jesus, I didn't know I was blaspheming.

So we reached a point where all the lists and questions didn't produce any answers from me or any 'reads' on the meter. The auditor said we were done. I wasn't happy with the result. The needle didn't float at the examiner. The auditor took me back in session and we went through another list or two. We tacitly agreed that we didn't want this to go on any longer. I went back to the examiner. My needle floated. I wrote my success story and routed onto the next auditing action, or went on post.

That auditor had a girlfriend in the technical division - more than a girlfriend really - not actually officially married but they should have been. Later on his girlfriend had a committee of evidence and was declared a suppressive person. He went with her. I hope they are still out and live happily together.
Doris Lessing

tommygormanxenu

Post by tommygormanxenu » Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:53 am

Wieber when you post these kinda things it totally reminds me of being on staff at the mountain view org. It is kinda like reliving it again. I am so happy i am out of that Evil Weird cult. Everyone please post your stories like Wieber is. Posting things like that will help others do the same. It can help many to get out of that cult scientology and help many not get in it.

Wieber keep telling the true harms of scientology by posting anything you can recall like you have been doing. You have been doing a great job with all your post. Keep it up. :D

Here is something everyone needs to know about because it undress the true harms of scientology.
http://www.lermanet.com/books/henson.htm . Keith Henson is a 64 year old man who is now sitting in a jail cell, they tell him, for 1 year.

Scientology is Evil to the core. SCIENTOLOGY PROTECTS RAPIST AND KILLS. Scientology ruins families and lives everyday. The only thing scientology can Clear is one bank account at a time

L.Ron Hubbard was and evil man, crazy in the head schitzo, paranoid, psychopath, who was a psych drug taking, heavy drug using, wife beating alcoholic drunk, pathological liar, coward who let his 3rd wife go to prison for his crimes as he hid and ran away for the remaining years of his life from the FBI. L.Ron Hubbard died with psych drugs shot in his butt.
IMHO Tommy Gorman
This is my own opinion. I'd rather die speaking the truth about the harms of the cult of scientology than hide and be afraid.

lulu_belle

Post by lulu_belle » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:10 am

Wieber wrote:“Even in the early decades of the twentieth century, telescoped words and phrases had been one of the characteristic features of political language; and it had been noticed that the tendency to use abbreviations of this kind was most marked in totalitarian organizations. Examples were such words as Nazi, Gestapo, Comintern, Inprecor, Agitprop. In the beginning the practice had been adopted as it were instinctively, but in Newspeak it was used with a conscious purpose. It was perceived that in thus abbreviating a name one narrowed and subtly altered its meaning, by cutting out most of the associations that would otherwise cling to it. The words Communist International, for instance, call up a composite picture of universal human brotherhood, red flags, barricades, Karl Marx and the Paris Commune. The word Comintern, on the other hand, suggest merely a tightly-knit organization and a well-defined body of doctrine. It refers to something almost as easily recognized, and as limited in purpose, as a chair or table. Comintern is a word that can be uttered almost without taking thought, whereas Communist International is a phrase over which one is obliged to linger at least momentarily.”

In scienospeak, organization becomes org; distribution secretary becomes dist sec; executive director becomes ED (most people say “ee dee.” Hubbard himself used Ed as in Ed Sullivan); in charge becomes I/C; counter intention is CI; facsimile becomes fac. This brief selection of examples is just the tip of the tip of the iceberg as it were.

Wow.

Never read that before.
"Is leaving Scientology the new black?"

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:06 am

lulu_belle wrote:
Wow.

Never read that before.
I wrote a bit more on that. Arnie was kind enough to put it on his web site.

http://www.lermanet.com/exit/myfirsthtmpage.htm

To summarize: based on the piece by Orwell I am guessing that using the long form for terms may serve to reverse the detrimental effect of the short forms.
Doris Lessing

tommygormanxenu

Post by tommygormanxenu » Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:30 am

Wieber Arnie is a great guy :D He puts peoples stories on his webpage a lot and helps to get people to tell their stories. Keep telling the true harms of scientology. I really like to read your post.

IMHO Tommy Gorman

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:05 am

One day I body routed a woman who wrote novels. I checked her out in the local book store and found she had three or four books out there. (No Internet back then.) She took the test and left without buying anything. She told me her name and I remembered it long enough to check her out then forgot it.

So a few months went by and then all the staff got called in for what turned out to be a sec check. This was a little treat delivered by the guardian's office. There was a small room set aside somewhere in the org or it may have been a nearby building. I can't remember the location but it wasn't an auditing room.

I don't remember the route to the place or if there was a waiting room with people outside but I remember the destination.

It was a small room with a table on which there was an emeter. There was a chair for the staff member, which in this case was me, opposite the door. Then just inside the door was a person who was trained as an auditor and another person with him. They were both guardian's office staff members.

The point was made that they were not auditing me. Then the questions started. Essentially what they wanted to know was everybody I had ever met or had any dealings with. They were especially interested if I was ever connected with any psychiatrists or psychologists. I have a very large extended family - some two hundred family members; uncles, aunts, cousins, in-laws, etc. So yeah, there were a couple of psychiatrists in the family and no I'm not telling you who or how they are related. I told those two.

So then they asked did I know anyone in the media. So I mentioned the woman I had body routed who was a novelist.

What is her name?
When did you first meet her?
How long have you known her?
What is your relationship to her?
How often to you see her?
What is her opinion of scientology?

And on and on.

I couldn't remember her name but I tried to be cooperative and recalled what I thought was her name and gave it to them. I later checked and found I had given them the wrong name. Guilt then - relief now.

So this interrogation went on for a couple of hours and at the end the auditor who wasn't auditing me said my needle was floating. By the way, the person with the auditor was very much a participant and also asked questions.

Fine. Good.

Then a few days later I was called back. The entire scene was repeated. Every question was asked again. Everything done the first time was done the second time. Your needle's floating. End. You may leave.

Fine. Good.

Another call back. This time the answers to all the questions asked the two previous time were gone over and rechecked. Again this writer that I body routed to do a personality test came up.

What is her name?
Is she antagonistic to scientology?

And on and on.

It's like this. I was body routing. I body routed her in for a personality test. She said she wrote books. I checked her out and she's legit. I had a relationship with her for all of ten minutes or less. I never had anything to do with her before or after I body routed her in.

Gack! Wreep! Fotuud!

Your needle's floating. End. You may leave.

Fine. Good.

Call back.

Same routine.

By this time one of the guys I body routed with was NATTERING! Interactions among staff were beginning to get edgy and they weren't the best to start with.

Call back.

Call back.

Call back.

Call back.

This was the final time. They promised that. The two people doing the granddaddy of gang bang sec checks were visibly uncomfortable and appeared to be just as razzed as the people going through their mill.

Again with the writer.

What is her name?
Is she antagonistic to scientology?

Looking back I am very happy to say that I never did give those two her right name. I just could not 'recall' it.

So we got through this final interrogation. I must have had a look on my face that said, 'call me back one more time and I will demonstrate my very good impression of the Incredible Hulk.'

It took about ten minutes to get the 'floating needle.' Finally he said, "You're needle is floating." I didn't protest it because I wanted out of there, but for having a floating needle indicated I have to say I felt like a fresh bag of ****.

Two or three days later we got an announcement at a muster where a report from those two was read. They thanked everyone for their cooperation and they did not find any SPs. This called for a 'Let's hear it for Ron' and a standing ovation to his big brother picture.

Funny thing though - within six months three of the staff members who went through that interrogation and found to not be SPs were declared suppressive persons.
Doris Lessing

SchwimmelPuckel

Post by SchwimmelPuckel » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:55 am

Great stuff Wieber! :D

Interesting account of that GO mission to root out SP's above. This was what turned me off when I was in the GO. I never participated in anything like that, but I overheard staff talking about it. Misplaced pride to intimidate the hell outta staffers at some org. They called it 'ethics presence'.. Was like some motorcycle gang getting kicks out of it.

:onebounce:
[i]Ask not what [url=http://www.lermanet.com][color=blue]Scientology[/color][/url] can do for you, ask what the F*arck! is going on.[/i]

Return to “Your story from inside Scientology”