More People Leave the Cult

Share your personal experiences with others. We're not here to judge or criticise, but to share and support.

Moderator: Dorothy

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Snow White
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

More People Leave the Cult

Post by Snow White » Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:34 am

truthseeker
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by truthseeker » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:55 pm

On emma's board there's a fair number of people leaving or left the cult quite recently-it's all good

Snow White

Post by Snow White » Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:14 am

moontaco

Post by moontaco » Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:21 am

Snow White wrote:an OT3's entry...

http://alley.ethercat.com/cgi-bin/door/door.cgi?1
Thanks for posting that. I hadn't seen it yet.

From that person's questionnaire (which I realize will not always be at that link...can't get around that):

"10. Any additional comments you would like to make?
I have to worry about security. I wish people could be more open about their experiences. Someday I will be. Thanks."

I wish I could say thank you back to that person, and all of the others who've posted there about leaving. (Maybe they'll be browsing here and see this post.) I hope that someday it will be safe for them to speak openly. :)

Snow White

Post by Snow White » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:54 am

http://alley.ethercat.com/cgi-bin/door/door.cgi?1

Name or Alias: RQPD
Training and/or processing level: HQS/CCH
Org or location: Cadet Org, Sea Org So.Cal
Time involved in the Church of Scientology: 37 years, about 15 active
Recommended Website - http://

1. How did you first become acquainted with the Church of Scientology?
Parents were both accomplished Scientologists when I was born, joined Sea Org in '77 I was 7, Left, I re-joined Sea Org when I was 15.

2. What initially appealed to you about scientology?
To gain perfect spiritual awareness, and whole track recall. Throughout my life I've had glimpses at 'things unexplained', Seeing my body from a 3rd person perspective but only for a fraction of second etc... Nothing regular or reproducable.

3. Were there problems in your life that you thought scientology would address?
The only thing I ever really recall having issue with was having my eyes begin watering uncontrollably when speaking in front of crowds.

4. Did you see, experience, or hear about things that didn't seem right while you were in the Church of Scientology? What were they, and what convinced you to set aside your feelings?
When in the cadet org I walked in on my cousin accepting small handfuls of sugary cereal to allow young boys to put there penis against or in her vagina. I yelled at them to stop but everyone in the room seemed to be in agreement with what was going on, so I walked out.

When I was 7 I was made to 'white gove' the dumpster. It was filled with dirty diapers that were infested with maggots. By the time I was done everyone was asleep and I remember stinking for days afterward.

I read an RPF assignment of a Don Nichols (50ish). In it it reported he had sexual conduct with a young boy Quentin Terpstra(13-14).

My uncle committed suicide after being in for about 2 years.

Minors smoking and drinking.

An issue was released on base stating minors needed to 'secure' (go to bed) no later than (I believe 10:00pm) However trying to do so was met with heavy disapproval and insinuations of ethics action.

Being made to work in a closed room with a severe ammonia leak (Microfiche duplicating room). So strong at times it would your eyes water.

I remember the Action Chief CMO Int one time asking me to find someone who was to be fired on mission. I searched and searched (he wasn't in any of the places he should be) I woke many execs, I broke into berthing office and looked on their computer. I finally gave up at about 3:30am. When I told the Action Chief he screamed at me and called me names.

My brother was on the RPF and one day I saw him working outside with his twin. I gave them each an ice cream bar (I worked in the kitchen and there were some leftovers) he was summarily assigned to the RPF's RPF. The whoel reason he was there in the first place was for having pre-marital sex, and 'overt' he got off in an amnesty.

Reg's coercing members to go into debt for services.

Minors being interogated under duress. Some thefts in the mail room led Jeff Porter (Scum bag extrordinaire) to get everyone who picked up mail on the meter. So he, with someone operating the meter grilled us one at a time, he was being so physically and verbaly intimidating I remember leaving the room just drenched in sweat and shaking.

Jeff Porter (head of securty) fired a .357 magnum at my brother point blank. It had a 'blank' in it but was close enough to burn a hole in his shirt.

I remember getting a severe temprature once (104.5) and going to work to 'get my stats up'. At noon I was about to collapse so I went to the MLO (Medical Liaison Officer). She told me a temp. that high required antibiotics. However if I wanted treatment I would have to walk to the nearsest Scn. medical clinic. I couldn't physically do it. Luckily my mom who wasn't in the Sea Org lived fairly nearby and she came and got me.

The list goes on and on and on. I justified all this as the org in general was on a 'higher purpose'. That and it was a high crime to go to anyone but a Scientologist for recourse.

5. Why did you choose to stay in the Church of Scientology?
My friends and family. I also lost faith in the Organization well before losing faith in the 'tech'. So I suffered through a few more years.

6. Were you staff or public? If staff, was it at a mission or an org? Were you ever in the Sea Org or OSA? Which unit? If not on staff, did you ever volunteer to 'help out'?
Cadet Org, Sea Org (recruited for CMO Gold). Traded to IDB (Int. Data Bureau). Traded to PBC (Pac Base Crew) left from there.

7. Why did you leave the Church of Scientology? Was there a "final straw"?
I left the Sea Org because I refused to do the RPF. I worked in Pac Base Crew and was in charge of the Main Mess dining room. The person in charge of the INCOMM dining room was in ethics trouble so I started doing breakfast for him while also doing my job. The person in charge of CMO dining room hurt his back so I started having to help with dinner in there and doing all the cleanup, while maintaing all my other duties. Then one of the two people helping with my dining room got deported back to canada and the other could no longer help with lunch or dinner setup because he was back in school.

My day literally consisted of running as fast as I could for 15 hours a day, I stopped bringing food and dishes up the elevator because it was too slow.

My stats depended on 'votes', people were supposed to vote on food and service separately. Mine was the service vote. However, in the main mess we ran out of the main course all the time and would have to substitute and people always got upset by this and would vote -7 -7 on a scale from +7 to -7. Of course this would bring my stats down and I couldn't take a day off.

One night after dinner I sat in the bathroom (only private place there was) and I cried as I went over the voting sheets. I couldn't take it anymore so I took all the vote sheets from the time the food ran out and I threw them in the trash.

Obviously someone found them and I got into trouble and was assigned to the DPF (Decks Project Force) which actually was a vacation from my previous job and I was really happy. Then a mission (project) came about to disband the DPF and either send people back to their orgs or to the RPF. They decided I should be on the RPF and labelled me a low OCA, non-producer. Which of course wasn't true as my OCA was actually quite high and when they replaced me for the DPF they had to bring in 3 people to do it.

In the Sea Org if you refuse to do the RPF (regardless if it was and incorrect assignment) you are deemed 'unfit'.

Then in '95 I began getting interested in other philosophies and read the bible, books on buddhism, plato, socrates, hume and satre. Coupled with some truth coming out via the internet on CoS I made up my mind once and for all to discard the subject of Scn utterly.

8. Do you think the Church of Scientology needs to change some of its practices? If so, what should be changed? How did those practices affect your life?
YES. The de-humanizing, degradation, forced introversion, physical abuse, mental abuse, breaking the law, charging obscene prices for services sometimes never even rendered, lying, encouraging others to lie, forcing people to disconnect from friends and family, dangling eternal salvation over peoples heads as if it actually belonged to them.

I went through a huge bout of depression when I realized my entire belief system was based off lies and what I had done and the money I had donated was forwarding one the single most evil purposes this planet has seen.

9. If the items you listed in the previous question were changed, would you consider rejoining or staying in the Church of Scientology? If so, why?
Nope, because the only tech in Scn. that works is available in paperback by some of the authors I mentioned above.

10. Any additional comments you would like to make?
Anyone reading this that may still be spending money in Scn. hold on a sec. Just read some of the references I mention above.
One of the best books I've read was a free book on buddhism I got on a nightstand in a hotel in hawaii. If you are a Scn you owe it to yourself to at least read what some other great thinkers have said on the subject of the human condition.

I sincerely wish you the absolute best on your quest for answers and enlightenment no matter what avenue you seek them.
Last edited by Snow White on Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hummingbird

Post by hummingbird » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:00 pm

Damn. That post by that person who was in the Cadet Org was totally chilling. It'll stay with me for a few days. What amazing strength he or she found to finally say "Up yours!!" and split.

It's looking like the cult is filling up with more and more bullies. That's the only sort of people I can imagine being attracted to positions of power in the organization the way things are now. Here's to the whole sorry mess imploding in our lifetimes!!!
"Tongue-tied and twisted, just an earth-bound misfit, I."

Snow White

Post by Snow White » Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:24 am

Message from Ethercat on ARS:

Ok, you two shamed me into spending last weekend changing this.

Starting now, the latest interview will be the highest number, and
you will always be able to refer to a specific interview by a specific
link. For instance:

Tory's interview will always be
http://alley.ethercat.com/cgi-bin/door/door.cgi?2
Arnie's will always be
http://alley.ethercat.com/cgi-bin/door/door.cgi?4
Chip Gallo's will always be
http://alley.ethercat.com/cgi-bin/door/door.cgi?8
and
RQPD's interview, discussed above, will always be
http://alley.ethercat.com/cgi-bin/door/door.cgi?218

and everything between, before and after, ever and always shall be
known by the number by which it is known now.

Hartley, the change involved some coding changes which did not come
easily for me, and also required manually reversing the order of the
interviews in the database file (over 10,000 lines of text). In the
process, almost by chance, I got rid of a bug that had been bothering
me since the beginning, that the links included a link to a
non-existent page, one page number higher than the highest interview
number. I also took the opportunity to give the site a favicon, and
to add an email link on the front page.

Summary is, the most recent interview can always be called by:

http://alley.ethercat.com/cgi-bin/door/door.cgi

To link to a specific interview, just make sure the link includes a
question mark and the interview number:

http://alley.ethercat.com/cgi-bin/door/door.cgi?218

(If you follow the links at the bottom of the interview pages, this
will automatically be added, but if you click on "Read the latest
interview" from the home page, it will not; I don't know how to change
that, so just check your links for the "?number" before you post them)

Please, those of you who frequent the scn-related message boards,
post this news there for me if you will, and if anyone notices any
problem with the current operation of the site, please let me know

Thanks,
ethercat

magoo1

Post by magoo1 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:15 pm

Thanks ethercat for ALL the work you've done :wink:

I hadn't read that interview since I left (mainly because I didn't know how to find it)-----I still stand by what I said, exactly, and that's 7 years later.
I'm happy about that.

Just out of curiosity---can people search your site by name vs. Number?
How would we know other people's numbers?

I tried shortening your link in address to just ethercat.com
nice front page, but I couldn't open that up, either. Is that the way
you want it? How to we get to the page of various interviews listed?

Thanks so much :wink:

Tory/Magoo~~

magoo1

Post by magoo1 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:27 pm

Snow White...............great interview, thank you
and
GOOD JOB ON GETTING OUT!!!!

:alien: =D> =D> :cheers: :cheerleader: :onebounce: :woohoo!:

Even better is telling your story! Thank you.

I feel for every
young person who lived through those horrific times.

Did you ever join the gangs, like many of the cadets did?I tried to help
the Scientology PR then, Shirley Young, but it was WAY too late. They were
using the "Tech" to help the gangs: "Never desert a comrade in need, in danger, or in trouble".

The gangs had taken them in, when Scientology had ignored them totally---and now they had no intentions of switching back.

I never joined a gang, but I know the feeling. Once it's over,
it's
O V E R.

Blessings to you, and any others who went through that :angel:

Tory/Magoo~~~

PS: Have you been in touch with many who left? Are they OK?
I worry about them, as I know 7 young people now who were
Scientologists, and ended up taking their own lives. Leaving,
as you did, and sharing your story is a WAY better way.
Good job!!!!

Snow White

Post by Snow White » Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:04 am

Sorry, Tory, that was not I. I have made an Ethercat entry before but I have never linked to it.

Anyhow, one day, I will tell a more complete story of my misadventure with Scientology!

Love,
Snow White

p.s Here's another recent entry: http://alley.ethercat.com/cgi-bin/door/door.cgi

Fascinating insider knowledge about such things as the Mission Holder's Conference, Reed Slatkin, DM's sister, and mentions made about coverups of Lisa McPherson's mishandling ( :cry: ).

magoo1

Post by magoo1 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:24 am

Snow White---

Understood. Well, thanks for sharing those stories, anyhow.

One day you'll be OK to speak out---and that day you'll be even happier
than you are now.

Meantime: I'm glad you're here and sharing :wink:

Best!

Tory/Magoo~~

Dr. Donna Shannon

Post by Dr. Donna Shannon » Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:34 am

"There's a place up ahead and I'm goin'
just as fast as my feet can fly
Come away, come away if you're goin',
leave the sinkin' ship behind." -John C. Fogerty, Creedence Clearwater Revival

Snow White

Post by Snow White » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:11 am

http://alley.ethercat.com/cgi-bin/door/door.cgi?226

Saturday, 26th January, 2008 01:53:56pm

Name or Alias: Eddie G.
Training and/or processing level: Sea Org
Org or location: FOLO EUS/COS NYC
Time involved in the Church of Scientology: 1977-1985
Recommended Website - http://www.xenutv.com/

1. How did you first become acquainted with the Church of Scientology?
Read Dianetics, wanted to know more about it, got regged for Communication Course, was recruited ton join the Sea Org.

2. What initially appealed to you about scientology?
Going 'clear'.

3. Were there problems in your life that you thought scientology would address?
I was young (18 ), shy, inhibited and had low-self esteem. The prospect of scientology turning me into a 'super-being' appealed very much to me at the time.

4. Did you see, experience, or hear about things that didn't seem right while you were in the Church of Scientology? What were they, and what convinced you to set aside your feelings?
Being in and living at the Church I saw LOTS of things. But again, being young I didn't really think they were THAT bad at the time. Things like extremely poor living conditions for the staff (squalor, extremely low or no pay. [I was making something to the effect of $10-$20 bucks a week, sometimes not even that and NO pay. Being told that was what was 'trickled down after org expenses', while upper management officers were making huge commisions of auditing & course sales'... 'Non-profit' MY ASS!] There was also poor conditions concerning the treatment and care of staff children. (I worked as a Sea Org child care person or 'nanny'). And kids only got to be with their parents a few hours a week. [No kind of family life at all, and horrible conditiions for kids. If a kid, even a toddler was being a bit cranky or unruly... he was locked in a closet screaming horribly till either he stopped or passed out. I could do a few pages on the childcare system in Scn. alone.]
Also lack of proper/non existant medical treatment.
And mostly later on in years, too much conflicting information which constantly contradicted itself.
Over the years I had seen SO much out things it would be too hard to put it all into this web form.
It was like a bizarre and crazy concentration camp that I willingly participated in due to being brain-washed.

5. Why did you choose to stay in the Church of Scientology?
At the time... basically young stupidity and a false sense of 'hope' that someday maybe it would all be true, and I'd get my wish and 'go Clear' and become a 'Scientology Super-Being'... the state of 'OT' or 'Operating Thetan'.
But Scientology 'Auditing' (processing) was rarely given to Sea Org staff, and you had to do near super human things and be of some kind of REAL value to them to ever get any of it.
I recieved very little if ANY in all my years there, even though I was commneded for and did exemplary things.

6. Were you staff or public? If staff, was it at a mission or an org? Were you ever in the Sea Org or OSA? Which unit? If not on staff, did you ever volunteer to 'help out'?
Sea Org/FOLO EUS (Flag Operations Liason Office-East US)

7. Why did you leave the Church of Scientology? Was there a "final straw"?
I was actually ORDERED to leave. My then wife (whom I had met IN the Sea Org)and I were both Sea Org Nannies. We had left earlier for various reasons like wanting stuff. Such as money, medical care, a place to live other than one single small room for our growing family... yanno, those 'luxuries' in life called BASIC DECENT LIVING CONDITIONS. So we were out of it for a year or so. But then my wife was in communication with some old friends at the S.O. who convinced her (re-brainwashed) to re-sign her Sea Org contract and 'come back to the fold'. I didn't want to and was quite happy with my present, actual money making job. But they convinced me and 'sold me' on the idea that I could come back and live their as well, while keeping my present job. Sort of as a 'civilian'. And so we sold everything, and moved back into the org. I even volunteered or actually was told to resume my post as a night nanny watching kids while their parents worked and 'studied'. (substitute the phrase 'were brainwashed'.) But later on, some new management entered the picture, and told me that because I was no longer 'Sea Org', that I was considered a 'freeloader' (even though I was paying THEM room and board to have the 'priviledge' of working for them and staying in their 'hovel of squalor' called the staff living quarters, and that I had to leave. So I moved to my own place, and would continue living & working in New Jersey, while traveling daily to see my wife & kids in NYC.
But one day my wife had run into her long lost brother, went out with him that night and got drunk and never woke for her post the next day. She was to be put into the RPF (Rehabilitation Project Force) a hard labor, slave camp group in the Sea Org supposedly to 'help' you. (you can read more about that on the internet) Not wanting any part of that she too left.
Under great duress. So we were later handed 'bills' for our 'stay' there. Something called a 'Free Loader's Debt'. Which was supposed to be an itemized bill of for things like room & board, courses & books, and other various nonsense. All of which were SUPPOSED to originally have been in exchange for joining the Sea Org and the extremely long hours of work we would put in daily 7 days a week (most times 16-20 hours a day)... with MAYBE a single day off once every few months.
So not wanting to continue with deplorable liing conditions and extremely hard work... we left. BUT... we continued in a 'fog' to believe it all to be true. That we there was maybe something wrong with us. And that someday we would 'get our ethics back in' (Scientology jargon for 'straightening up and flying right' concerning Scientology and it's 'cause'.)
Though the years my wife and I split up. I dicovered the internet, did soem reading of 'entheta' (Scn. term for anything that goes against Scn.)... and finally years later... had a HUGE 'cognition'. (another Scn. term for an epiphany.)

Scientolgy is FUCKED UP and DANGEROUS!

Much thanks and almost totally in the beginning to people like Mark Bunker and Tory Bezazian.
(thanks EVER so much guys!)

8. Do you think the Church of Scientology needs to change some of its practices? If so, what should be changed? How did those practices affect your life?
It should DIE.
It should be exposed for the brainwashing FRAUD and SCAM it is and be somehow dismantled.
But I'd be happy with seeing a few really HUGE expose's about it on TV and in print. I'd be willing to get behind a campaign to promote that or 'diseminate' it as a Scientology zombie would say.
I'd especially like to see more in depth books and possibly a movie on the mad carnival barker whackjob behind it all...
L. Ron Hubard
I even know who would do an amazing job playing him...
Philip Seymour Hoffman!
He is a great actor and could almost double for him in my opinion.

9. If the items you listed in the previous question were changed, would you consider rejoining or staying in the Church of Scientology? If so, why?
Never in a million years.

10. Any additional comments you would like to make?
If you don't know much about Scientology & Dianetics...

Step 1.) Use the interent and enlighten yourself.

Step 2.)For your own sanity and safety...
STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM IT!

If your IN it...
SEE THE ABOVE INSTRUCTIONS!

For anyone already into it...

FOLLOW STEPS 1&2!!!

Note, Ethercat has recently removed some of the insincere entries thus many old links will now be numbered differently.

Cherub2u

Post by Cherub2u » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:02 am

God Bless you Ethercat, for putting this site together. Are you familiar with SEO workings, to get googled and all other search engines? As an old cgi programmer I always had client problems because the hashing prevents Search Engines from following links, which means that almost the entirety of your website will not be found except for the home page, which is itself quite seo-bare and is all that shows up in Google, amidst hundreds of other links for other stuff.

The only way around it is having direct html links to each page, unfotunately, or replacing the ? with other characters.

Another way of doing this from this point on, would be the inclusion in your form program the creation of a separate <number>.html page -- yoiu get both fast cgi and active links for engines. As to the past, creating a ditty which caught the cgi-number of each page and created a new .html page would work-- especially using a template type of format which contained self-populated (already written) url links for all numbers 1-226. These means you there would be a separate website on your home page to "HTML version" or whatever -- and the search engines will have a field day traveling along all your pages.

you should also include, on home page and all pages,
<meta name="robots" content="FOLLOW,INDEX" />
<meta name="REVISIT-AFTER" content="1 weeks" />
<meta name="MSSmartTagsPreventParsing" content="TRUE" />

<meta http-equiv="imagetoolbar" content="no" />
<meta name="Description" content="" />
<meta name="Keywords" content="" />

Wjere you fill out the Description and keywords for futher search wonderfulness.

There are those I am sure on this forum who could offer assistance, privately.

The Cherub

Cherub2u

Post by Cherub2u » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:54 pm

Ethercat
The rickross.com site on scientology is a great example of how the search engines will have a field day--
http://rickross.com/groups/scientology.html

Following this format (easily inserted into your programming I hope) will create both cgi and html otherwise the important incredible stories you have collected maybe utterly lost to the general internet public searches.

Another idea -- you can create html pages like the old mail-merge activities of WordPerfect or Word, in that the master will merge your person's data inside a Table, naming the final file the number of the interview, ie, 255.html etc. (which would be another field in the merge program).

The Cherub

Return to “Your story from inside Scientology”