One opened, more to come!
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:17 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Growing up in Clearwater, Fl
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:06 pm 

Just wanted to say hello to all. I grew up in Clearwater and watched as Scientology grew into the monster that took over downtown. I've always distrusted its members because of a few encounters and I am so relieved to finally see people speaking out against the church. I lived next to hacienda gardens and watched it transform from projects to Scientology compound. I really don't know what I want to say other than that I am relieved by this site and am happy to see the downfall of the church.

Seven times down, eight times up or NEVER GIVE UP

Post subject: Re: Growing up in Clearwater, Fl
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:16 pm 

Welcome, Boneshaker. I remember downtown Clearwater in the '50's and '60's and hope someday it will be free of Sea Org and liven up.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:20 pm 

Heh - welcome and thanks for stopping by. Do you have any dirt on the cult of scientology? What can you tell us that will validate its decline?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:00 pm 

Hi Boneshaker, it's lovely to meet you. I'm so sorry your home town was absorbed into the belly of the beast. There must be so many original residents who simply couldn't believe what was happening before their very eyes as, lot by lot, their neighbourhood was gobbled up.

:kissysmilies:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:34 pm 

Hi Boneshaker and welcome. I went to school at South Ward on Ft. Harrison before scientology rolled into town. I took my visiting college student nephew downtown last year to see the swarms of SO and he couldn't believe it. Getting informed and letting others know is the best way to get started.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:38 pm 

Yea. It's sad that its almost devoid of life other than Scientology.

Idle morgue- dont know what dirt you're looking for. I grew up around the organization but not in it. I have had some odd experiences that's for sure lol

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:25 pm 

So over the past week I have done a little research just to bone up on what the church has been up to. My opinion hasn't changed. Still the same bullying cult it's always been.

So the dirt: I am a member of Alcoholics Anonymous with 20 years sobriety and frequented a clubhouse down the street from the fort Harrison hotel. On numerous occasions Scientology auditors would pose as recovering alcoholics and recruit from the meetings. I didn't know about this until my ex wife and I were invited to dinner by one such person. At this dinner I was informed that because of my past incarceration I might be willing to partake in a threesome involving myself the auditor and my then wife. My response was enraged. Ill leave it at that. I left with a lot of damage behind me and never saw the auditor again. Afterwards I was very wary of any new people that didn't act like alcoholics. It's sad to see people preyed upon.

With this infiltration of AA, I found that some were recruiting people were being recruited to narcanon and those that went turned out worse than when they went and two died of their addictions.

It just angers me to see an organization prey on people for so long with no retribution. I'm waiting to see it brought down

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:58 pm 

They (the auditors) also pretend to be former drug addicts who were cured by Narconon. I am working on a book about Scientology, and I'm planning to write about this Narconon fraud as well. I am looking for the stories of people who were lured to Narconon under false pretences.

L. Ron Hubbard era un maestro de masturbacion fisica y mental.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:01 pm 

I'm sure there were plenty. I was a treatment counselor in the area for 3 years and the stories we heard about narconon were ugly. Still pisses me off . Lol

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:03 pm 

Talk to some of the centers in the area. Operation par, tasc, some of the halfway houses . A lot of people in pinellas county were affected.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:18 pm 

Dear Boneshaker, I just wanted to say that, aside from the VILE practice of using AA meetings as recruiting grounds...

...CONGRATULATIONS on 20 years of sobriety; that is incredible, and so are you! :kissysmilies:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:27 pm 

Thank you

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:59 pm 

Thank you for posting. Please keep us informed.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:31 am 

Boneshaker, check out Craig Ferguson, host of the late late show, who has been sober for many years but is very open and ironic about his struggles with drugs and alcohol. For example, he had dental work but couldn't have painkillers because he KNEW it would ruin his sobriety. He got sober WITHOUT Narconon, and it inspires me that he is now so strong and funny, without being preach-y and judge-y. http://www.cbs.com/shows/late_late_show/

One of Narconon's big lies is that once they deem you are cured of alcoholism, you can "drink a little." Successful recovering addicts know better.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:34 am 

Don Carlo wrote:
One of Narconon's big lies is that once they deem you are cured of alcoholism, you can "drink a little."

Seriously, Don? :? Why would they say this? It's a recognised fact that this is extremely dangerous for recovering alcoholics...