Another New Clambake Member

Share your personal experiences with others. We're not here to judge or criticise, but to share and support.

Moderator: Dorothy

magoo1

Post by magoo1 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:53 am

Me too, Salino---great to have you out AND posting :wink:

Happy Thanksgiving~~One and ALL,

Tory/Magoo~~

Valkyrie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Thanks for all the replies!

Post by Valkyrie » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:26 am

Thanks for the supporting welcome folks!

Yes, you're right, I am way past the statues of limitations for wage claims. But regardless, even if I weren't, I would have been scared of getting declared by going on the "legal lines". The ramifications would have been a permanent disconnection from my beloved one in the Sea Org! You see, I would have had this hanging over me anyway...

Don Carlo
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Don Carlo » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:19 pm

Understood, Valkyrie. Maybe another person just leaving will read my minimum wage speech and use the Department of Labor to nail those CoS cheaters. I keep making the same points again and again to reach the new people who start reading the board every week.

salino

Post by salino » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:18 pm

magoo1 wrote:Me too, Salino---great to have you out AND posting :wink:

Happy Thanksgiving~~One and ALL,

Tory/Magoo~~
Thanks Tory, you're on my list of heroine's. You are one brave and persistant lady.

magoo1

Post by magoo1 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:31 pm

Thank you, Salino-----It does take a great deal of courage, doesn't it,
to actually wake up from the entire Scio/Truman show---and then leaving
is even bigger.

Speaking out is one more level, and then facing their black pr and getting a handle on *that* is one more step on your road to True Freedom!

You're on your way....and I'm proud of you, too, and all who have taken that huge step to take back *their* own lives!

Good job!!! :alien: =D> :cheers: :onebounce:

Happy Thanksgiving to one, and all,

Tory/Magoo~~~

salino

Re: Another New Clambake Member

Post by salino » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:40 pm

Valkyrie wrote: I officially "left" Scientology around 2006 or so. What I mean by "left" was that I decided to take the life risk and read about "the other side". I suppose it was a rough form of doing my Doubt formula. And hey, I did not die reading about OT III on the net!
Have you seen the South Park (Comedy Central) episodes regarding $cio? They're hilarious. The next stage I entered was to share these with my non-$cio relatives. They rolled with laughter over the ohtee 3 materials- I think comedy central left out the part about dying of pneumonia, but I filled in the blanks for them. The only thing I worried about with my relatives was that they would split a spleen laughing so hard. And all these years I sweated about the awesome responsibilty we ohtees had, cough, groan, lol at myself for allowing myself to be brainwashed.
One disturbing thing about comedy central/south park is that they now have advertisements for narCONon and $cio on the south park website dealing with the $cio episodes. I don't know if they're anywhere else on the side. "Fair and balanced", I guess?

salino

Post by salino » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:52 pm

magoo1 wrote:Thank you, Salino-----It does take a great deal of courage, doesn't it,
to actually wake up from the entire Scio/Truman show---and then leaving
is even bigger.

Speaking out is one more level, and then facing their black pr and getting a handle on *that* is one more step on your road to True Freedom!

You're on your way....and I'm proud of you, too, and all who have taken that huge step to take back *their* own lives!

Good job!!! :alien: =D> :cheers: :onebounce:

Happy Thanksgiving to one, and all,

Tory/Magoo~~~
Thanks Tory and Happy Thanksgiving to you, too- and all here.
Yes, I think it takes courage to 'wake up ' from the 'truman show' because you have to admit that everything you have believed in- for x amount of years has been a lie, con, sham, brainwashing, etc. and that you have given enormous amounts of your hard earned cash to these criminals (dm, hubbard, starkey, etc). To even get yourself to look at the possibility of something being very wrong takes courage.

magoo1

Post by magoo1 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:49 pm

Well said, Salino----

Let's look at this a bit more, too.

There's also the BIG threat of losing all your friends: although in truth,
A) As Andreas said to me: "What kind of friends could those be
if they're going to leave you just because you changed your mind"

and

B) Plus ***tons*** of people we've all loved *are* out and right here!

Also, there's the threat of losing your loved ones, which is HUGE.
However, many people have found ways to leave, and remain
anonymous, and still speak out---and keep that connection.

I was not, with my husband, only because I knew it would boil down
to HIM or THEM and I couldn't make that choice, I knew it.
So I told him: "I'll go---I'm going to cross THIS bridge, and once I
have---we'll talk". (OSA brought him to meet me when I was changing
planes in the airport). I had no idea they'd 3rd party him so, which made
it impossible, once I returned.

As Jesse Prince told me, when at first I was so sad about we breaking up:
"Tory----80% of the Scientologists who leave together break up, anyways".

Why? "Because the only thing they really had in common was Scientology".

So that helped me, too.

Have a *great* Thanksgiving :wink:

Tory/Magoo~~

magoo1

Post by magoo1 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:53 pm

Salino----

Re the Ads, yeah....I noticed that next to some of my videos, too.

I'm not sure if they called and insisted, or if Google just does that automatically. Anyone know?

The South Park episode on Scientology IS so funny, especially because
it's TRUE to the letter. :lol: :lol:

Best,

T

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:35 am

As far as I know, the Google ads are tied to key words. If certain key words are present then the ads associated with the key words show up on that page. A page with an essay on why someone doesn't eat meat and why they think eating meat is bad could get all kinds of ads for hamburgers.

Someone else might know better how Google ads work.
“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

salino

Post by salino » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:18 pm

magoo1 wrote:Well said, Salino----

Let's look at this a bit more, too.

There's also the BIG threat of losing all your friends: although in truth,
A) As Andreas said to me: "What kind of friends could those be
if they're going to leave you just because you changed your mind"

and

B) Plus ***tons*** of people we've all loved *are* out and right here!

Also, there's the threat of losing your loved ones, which is HUGE.
However, many people have found ways to leave, and remain
anonymous, and still speak out---and keep that connection.

I was not, with my husband, only because I knew it would boil down
to HIM or THEM and I couldn't make that choice, I knew it.
So I told him: "I'll go---I'm going to cross THIS bridge, and once I
have---we'll talk". (OSA brought him to meet me when I was changing
planes in the airport). I had no idea they'd 3rd party him so, which made
it impossible, once I returned.

As Jesse Prince told me, when at first I was so sad about we breaking up:
"Tory----80% of the Scientologists who leave together break up, anyways".

Why? "Because the only thing they really had in common was Scientology".

So that helped me, too.

Have a *great* Thanksgiving :wink:

Tory/Magoo~~
Sorry about the delay in answering-I was away.
I agree about the "friends", a true friend won't abandon you completely. I wonder if 'love' is enough to break through the brainwashing and make them question the validity of the cult, however. It seems like they have to have some disagreement or doubt of their own.
This ties in with relatives. Perhaps, the "friend/relative" does not want to lose their chance at eternity, so, in their minds, they are actually doing you a favor by trying to force you to "get off your overts/missed withholds, etc." and return to the cult. They are scared that the (hack/spit) 'church' will think they've been 'contaminated' or maybe part of 'your out ethics behavior', so they 'must' distance themselves. If they are not a true friend, they will just write you off, without a second thought and you'll probably never hear/see them again.
I think Jesse P. is correct in his assessment of $cio marriages-the tie in with the cult. So I advise you other married lurkers to find other things in common with your spouses besides the cult! I understand how you must feel, Tory, do I ever.

chyba

Welcome

Post by chyba » Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:21 pm

Dear Valkyrie,

Good job for looking at the other side! When I first looked on the internet last year I was amazed to find tons of people like me and I can't even tell you how good this felt. The first time I came across OT III material my heart was beating so hard, even though logically I knew I wouldn't die I still felt like it was possible. The good new is that I didn't! Ha, I laugh at it now but I am sure you inderstand what a big deal it was.

Anyways, nice to have you here and good job! :D [/quote]

Hubbard's Mushroom

Post by Hubbard's Mushroom » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:41 pm

Some people say not to speak of Xenu and the Wall of Fire
because scientologists don't want to hear it.

I say it's important to speak out because when the
scientologist doesn't get sick and die he might start
questioning his programming.

Cherub2u

Post by Cherub2u » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:32 pm

Hi Valkyrie and Hi JohnS and Chyba!~!~!!!

While I was out after starting to look around, it still took me almost two years to tell my loved ones and those I considered "friends." I'd decided to continue my spiritual path and could no longer live the "lie" so took the plunge! Result? I found out that, from all my dear friends there was only one who kept communicating, and we still do today-- my ex-wife :-) Of my celeb Clamtology family -- it was the absolute toughest thing to do -- especially with my daughter. Result? While most of the clan has distanced themselves, the relationship with my grown daughter found greater meaning than ever before because she saw how much I loved her and was willing to sacrifice -- and suddenly she felt safe to tell me things I never even knew before. We are now closer than ever and I am so happy :-)

Hah! When my fiance and I left and we looked at the "OT8" materials on the Net we would wonder if a truck was going to hit us when we crossed the street! How we laughed when sharing those thoughts!

Worry Not! There is lots of LOVE in the real world!

And Thank you Magoo for still being here, posting your phone # and being a cool "group" person.

~The Cherub~

magoo1

Post by magoo1 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:21 am

Hey Cherub--You're most welcome.

I'm SOOOOOOOOOO Happy to hear about your family, and your daughter
and how close you are. That's WONDERFUL!!! :cheers:

My best,

Tory/Magoo~~
Burbank, CA
(818) 588-3044

Return to “Your story from inside Scientology”