Letter to Karin Pouw from BFG

Share your personal experiences with others. We're not here to judge or criticise, but to share and support.

Moderator: Dorothy

Little Bear Victor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Letters from family

Post by Little Bear Victor » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:56 pm

That some of the letters sent by even non-Scientology family never make it to the staff member was a policy that I didn't even know about before I got out.

During my entire involvement in Scientology I thought my father had not wanted to write to me. I found out, after leaving, that someone in the Church had sent him an answer on my behalf -- and without telling me -- that he was an "unwanted person" and should not send any more letters to me. This is because he included a critical-of-Scientology newspaper article clipping in one of his letters.

One newspaper clipping was all it took for Scientology to disconnect me from my father for almost 20 years.

I doubt I can ever even imagine how it must have felt for him.
A short history of the Church of David Miscavige: From the fastest growing religion in the world to the fastest shrinking cult in the world in less than 20 years.

Dr. Donna Shannon
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Dr. Donna Shannon » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:02 am

Thanks, BFG and LBV, for these posts. What a bleak, sad existence the Sea Org members have!!!
"There's a place up ahead and I'm goin'
just as fast as my feet can fly
Come away, come away if you're goin',
leave the sinkin' ship behind." -John C. Fogerty, Creedence Clearwater Revival

mr_bad

Post by mr_bad » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:18 am

Yes, I remember now. My personal mail was ransacked.

One particular instance, an ethics officer came to me carrying an opened letter my dad had sent. He wanted to go over the contents of his letter with me. I remember wanting to stab him in the eye with a pencil.

The letter opening incident was at the end of my tenure in the fucked up Sea Org, and it was reason #642 why I decided to get the hell out of that place.

no_8c_now

Post by no_8c_now » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:15 am

I didn't know about the mail opening stuff, but I had no faith at all in the comm system finding me and getting my critical mail in time. Before I joined I set up a PO box and had stuff delivered there.

Ladybird

Post by Ladybird » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:06 am

I was sometimes sent on "URGENT" missions and told to use my own credit card as FP (Financial Planning) committee had not approved the funds yet.

THEN, it would take weeks for the (opened) bill to get delivered to me through HCO, so I owed a late charge.

THEN, I had to CSW FP for the funds.

THEN, it would take them weeks to pay me so I could pay the bill.

THEN, I was sec checked for even having a credit card...and made to turn it in.

THEN, it was used against me in a CommEv (Committee of Evidence) as a financial crime.

And then and then...the Sea Org is nuckin futz.

I am so glad I am out of there!

Ladybird
[i]"There is nothing as wild in the books of Man as will probably happen here on Earth...it will happen and be allowed to happen simply because all this is so incredible that nobody will even think of stopping it until it is far, far too late"~LRH[/i]

opter

Post by opter » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:24 am

It is so sad even to read it.

No 8c now
I found out that they opened the letters when the MAA-ethics officer- asked me to translate a letter that arrived for a person who was on the EPF- a person/candidate who signed a SO contract but not yet passed the "exams" to become a fully fledged SO member-.
He asked me to translate it for him because I was the only one who could speak that language there,at that spesific time and I was an OT( what a joke) on services at the AO.

Opter

no_8c_now

Post by no_8c_now » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:49 am

A "church" opening personal mail and listening in on phone calls.

Sure you can think of all the reasons why it needs to be done, though they all are very poor excuses. Perhaps the one real one has to do with how truth will expose the lies. Maybe the truth can be so simple as a parent writing how a child will be missed at a family event or something as "enturbulating" as "What happened to the three weeks vacation you were promised?"

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:44 am

It is funny how an expression of care or caring gets interpreted by scientology as low toned, out ethics and suppressive.

Are you getting enough sleep?
Are you taking your medications?
Are you getting adequate nutrition?
Are you looking after your health?

As a staff member in a lower 'org' or a sea organization member or even a 'public person' you are often required to disconnect from those individuals who love you the most and care about you the most. scientology, the organization, doesn't love anyone or care about anyone.

If you are raw meat before you become a scientolgist does that make a scientologist cooked meat? Does that make a scientologist who becomes a declared suppressive person burnt meat?
“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

magoo1

Post by magoo1 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:17 pm

Thank you for posting ALL these facts!

Just as my own little addition, it isn't as exciting as these facts (which I GREATLY appreciate you posting)----But it *Is* a "Stat" that you and I
know is HUGE:

One more person who WAS On lines in Scientology ----just called and due
to all the Internet Facts, watched my videos and then called me.

Do you think she's staying, or leaving >>>???

Good job, Critics and X-Scientologists! :) :alien:

ROCK ON~~~!!!

Tory/Magoo~~~X-Scientologist after 30 years "in"/escaped out in 2000
FREE AT LAST!
If *you* are questioning Scientology, and not sure what is true, what is not, give me a jingle. :)
Burbank, CA
(818) 588-3044

Dr. Donna Shannon

Post by Dr. Donna Shannon » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:41 am

Ladybird wrote:I was sometimes sent on "URGENT" missions and told to use my own credit card as FP (Financial Planning) committee had not approved the funds yet.

THEN, it would take weeks for the (opened) bill to get delivered to me through HCO, so I owed a late charge.

THEN, I had to CSW FP for the funds.

THEN, it would take them weeks to pay me so I could pay the bill.

THEN, I was sec checked for even having a credit card...and made to turn it in.

THEN, it was used against me in a CommEv (Committee of Evidence) as a financial crime.

And then and then...the Sea Org is nuckin futz.

I am so glad I am out of there!
Your example shows EXACTLY how the cult works!!!

The bullies ("management") drill this type of stuff. Sick.
"There's a place up ahead and I'm goin'
just as fast as my feet can fly
Come away, come away if you're goin',
leave the sinkin' ship behind." -John C. Fogerty, Creedence Clearwater Revival

rlsteve

Post by rlsteve » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:10 pm

OH MY GOD! I knew Anthony Pouw! He was working in the HGC at ASHO in early 1999 when I was in LA getting services for a few months.

I remember I went to ASHO a few days before Christmas in 1998, and I had agreed to only come for a few days, and then I would be returning to Seattle on Christmas Eve. Anyway, the day came for me to leave, and Anthony tried to talk me into staying, and he got very angry with me because I didn't want to stay, and he and the HGC weren't even going to let me leave to catch my flight home (I would have gotten into ethics trouble if I left without their okay). Finally, after a yelling and crying fit, they agreed to let me go if I agreed to come back after the holidays were over.

That was my first visit with ASHO and I was disgusted with the whole thing.

Anyway, I returned to ASHO in January for some auditing, and I kept getting in trouble with Anthony Pouw because I had trouble staying sessionable (I had trouble sleeping at nights) and a few times, he had me do "amends" by doing bulk mail with other Sea Org members or filing.

And then one day... he just DISAPPEARED from the HGC. And I didn't know what had happened to him. I believe somebody said he had to do an ethics handling.

So.... has he really been on the RPF since 1999?

Wisened One

Post by Wisened One » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:22 pm

Wow, BFG: This is a great post!:)

Wisened One

Little Bear Victor

Post by Little Bear Victor » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:18 pm

rlsteve wrote:
So.... has he really been on the RPF since 1999?
Quite possibly. At least he was there in 2004 and he was still there in 2007.
A short history of the Church of David Miscavige: From the fastest growing religion in the world to the fastest shrinking cult in the world in less than 20 years.

Sea Horse

Post by Sea Horse » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:25 pm

rlsteve wrote: So.... has he really been on the RPF since 1999?
Little Bear Victor wrote:Quite possibly. At least he was there in 2004 and he was still there in 2007.
I'll bet that David Miscavige uses the RPF at times to keep OTHER Sea Org members in line and under his spell (control)... like their spouses/family.
We are the architects of our own lives. Design and build the life you want.

Blue Streak

Post by Blue Streak » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:48 pm

deleted
Last edited by Blue Streak on Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You worked to darken your own children.. The same psychology works perfectly on
everyone else ".

Return to “Your story from inside Scientology”