How are SP declares done?

Share your personal experiences with others. We're not here to judge or criticise, but to share and support.

Moderator: Dorothy

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
c_org
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

How are SP declares done?

Post by c_org » Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:24 pm

Just wondering? I assume SP declares are done by OSA, but how are they done, and how are they recorded? Can an SP declare be generated by just one person (perhaps just for spite), and how are they sent? I'm just wondering if there is even a checks and balances aspect, since this seems to be the basis for the "church's" disconection policy. Do the disconnectees receive a copy, and how do people know they are to disconnect, and whether it is a valid order? It just seems so arbitrary.

Ball of Fluff

Post by Ball of Fluff » Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:44 pm

OSA often calls the shots on the expulsion order but isn't actually the department that does them. But it ends up being a very slight difference. If OSA wants someone expelled, then that's what happens.

OSA was the driving factor in my expulsion but the local org did the actual work.

There is supposed to be a checks and balances system but in actuality, there's not. There're all sorts of policies that address requests for hearings, the right to ask for a comm ev, how to get a KR withdrawn, but really, if CofS is mad at someone then that person is basically toast and all the checks and balances they have are ignored.

So on paper, it's not arbitrary. In actual practice, it is arbitrary.

When a person is expelled, his declare is sent to all the orgs and the org where he was on lines will post his and tell everyone about it. Members are not allowed to associate with an expelled person because that person is also declared suppressive. Members aren't allowed to associate with "SPs".

This is designed so that current members won't get clued in about the crap other people went through.

A common scenario is this:

Person has a problem in CofS. Maybe treated badly, harassed, not given "staff enhancement" time, coerced into doing things- could be any number of things. So it's bad. Then the person speaks out. Speaks up. Resists.

If the person does not go through channels, he will probably be expelled for not doing so. If he does try to go through channels (as I did) they will bend the rules and expell him anyway.

Then he gets expelled. All his friends at his old Org or AO or Mission or wherever, know about it. They will not talk to him anymore. Usually. (sometimes they'll do it on the sly. But there're a lot of people who won't flout the dictate.) If the person has a spouse or child or parent or friend or business partners or anyone in CofS, those people are told they cannot communicate with the person since he is suppressive. If they flout this dictate, they can get expelled. AFAIK, the policy is actually to label them "PTS" but that gets broken a lot and people sometimes do get expelled instead.

CofS does NOT want this person's friends and family to find out how he was treated so this is how they silence everyone.

Sea Horse
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: How are SP declares done?

Post by Sea Horse » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:00 am

c_org wrote:Just wondering? I assume SP declares are done by OSA, but how are they done, and how are they recorded? Can an SP declare be generated by just one person (perhaps just for spite), and how are they sent? I'm just wondering if there is even a checks and balances aspect, since this seems to be the basis for the "church's" disconection policy. Do the disconnectees receive a copy, and how do people know they are to disconnect, and whether it is a valid order? It just seems so arbitrary.
A declare is usually originated (or seems to originate) with the ethics office which is the normal one for the person. Example: At Flag there are many ethics offices, but whichever one is your usual one (pc or student or advanced org or staff ethics, etc.) is the one which will seem to be the one which originates your declare.

The declare may actually be signed or rubber-stamped by another person. Example, at Flag this might be the Flag Land Base Justice Chief who you've never met or heard of before your declare.

Once you are declared, the Church of Scientology will make efforts to contact members they know are your friends or business acquaintances. They will "enlighten" the person about your "out-ethics" (usually highly-inflated lies) and may show them the actual declare issue.

Sometimes before your declare is final, the Church of Scientology will start telling people about your declare and will "enlighten" people that they need to disconnect from you.

If the Church of Scientology suspects that you are communicating with a declared SP (or someone they consider declared, even if they never published a declare order on them) then they will "call you in" to interview you. If you refuse, or fail to return calls, they will find some of your friends to find out if you are communicating with the allegedly declared person.

Sometimes (though rarely) the checks and balances might actually work. For example, long ago I was being treated badly. I wrote to IJC and received a reply letter telling me that someone had submitted to declare me, but it was turned down.

12 years later, they succeeded in a new attempt to declare me.

Not everyone receives a copy of their declare issue. I know of at least one person (personally) who said his declare issue was waved in his face, he was allowed to read a bit of it, then it was taken away. They never mailed him a copy or gave him one.

Usually the declare issue is not "given" to anyone else. It seems to be something they don't like to give out. However, if a yellow/goldenrod ethics issue was issued by WISE, then they have been known to mail them out. I have copies of a few Suppressive Person Declares on people I don't know which were mailed to me from WISE when I was a member of WISE.

Pathetic!
We are the architects of our own lives. Design and build the life you want.

TheRealNoUser

Post by TheRealNoUser » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:24 am

It is typical that the cowardly "church" does not even follow their own rules (and conveniently forgets to send the declared person a copy of their SP declare notice), because there are libel laws, and someone could turn Scientology's defamatory statements into a court case.

c_org

Post by c_org » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:05 pm

Thanks--I was wondering what was keeping anyone on staff from just submitting for a declare against anytone else on staff that they didnt like.

Return to “Your story from inside Scientology”