PAC in the late 70's

Share your personal experiences with others. We're not here to judge or criticise, but to share and support.

Moderator: Dorothy

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Emme
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

PAC in the late 70's

Post by Emme » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:14 am

It's been a long time since I've thought about my time in the Sea Org. It was a long time ago. I was in from 1976-1981 in PAC, and was on the EPF when the Complex was purchased. [you all seem to call it Big Blue. It wasn't blue when we moved in. We called it the Complex.] I served on one of the ACTION missions during that time after I graduated the EPF.

Anyway, it's a been a long time. And as fate would have it, I was able to put the memories behind me and move on with a pretty good life. Until recently, when news about Scientology seemed to fill the airwaves and the allegedly good Celebrity PR triggered something and many memories.

I say triggered in a good way BTW, not in the restimulated kind of way. I heard what Tom Cruise and others have to say and in the beginning I just shook my head and dismissed them as pawns, being used by the church. Celebs always were given an illusion of believe in, while the rest of us dealt with the reality of Scientology. I've never given them much credibility, even when I was an SO member. They were and are PR pawns.

But, my curiosity was piqued with all the news coverage, and I read an article here and there, and finally came across the ANDRE TABAYOYON Affidavit, along with Jesse's. Then a lot of memories came back. Jesse Price was on the EPF with me and Andre was on the RPF at the time. actually the EPF I was on was quite large and had a lot of not famous or infamous members. John Nelson, Janadair Hockaday [Swanson] etc, all came from that EPF. Reading here and other places about people I knew and worked with has been an interesting revelation about then and where I am now.

I don't want to give my real life information, not because I'm afraid of the church. I've been gone a long time and completely under their radar. I wasn't very important in the scheme of things, although I saw a lot--know a lot. I just don't put my real life info on the Internet -- ever.

But, when I found this site, I did want to join. I'm not going to write out pages and pages of my experiences in PAC. Although I sure could. The stories about the food, berthing, working condition, ethics conditions, etc, are all true. I was on the EPF when the Wayne Marple PAC mission RPF'ed so many in [1976 I think] PAC and around for the Rock Slam purge when even more were RPF'ed. So many of the EPF were RPF'ed on the spot for List on RS's. Janadair, Jesse, were but two I remember by name. I also remember when she came off the RPF and went to CMO Int. Interesting times that.

I remember how frightened we all were that somehow we'd all be RPF'ed. What I came to understand quickly was that mostly, PAC needed cheap labor for Reno's and the easiest way to get it was to RPF people. It wasn't difficult to see that the Complex needed reno crews, and then suddenly there is an RPF double the size it usually was. I can add two and two, but even adding two and two didn't matter. Anyone could have ended up on the RPF during that time. It was a real witch hunt and List One was the topic of conversation, in whispered tones, ALL the time while I was doing the EPF.

Anyway, there's lot's more, but too involved to come out in one entry. I'm glad to be here, and want to thank the owners for allowing me to participate. I hope to get to know you all better and vice versa.
"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
--George Orwell

Ladybird
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Ladybird » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:11 am

Welcome Emme!

It's great to have another X-SO here to back up the rest of us who have been telling our stories.

Warrior has a website with a lot of info and names about that era at PAC: http://warrior.xenu.ca/

Also there is a private message board for ex-Sea Org where you might run into some old friends:

XSO - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/XSO/

See You Around,

Ladybird
[i]"There is nothing as wild in the books of Man as will probably happen here on Earth...it will happen and be allowed to happen simply because all this is so incredible that nobody will even think of stopping it until it is far, far too late"~LRH[/i]

Roan

Post by Roan » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:55 am

Welcome aboard, Emme! Image We're glad you're here.

“The failure to condemn an activity is indeed, an offer of tacit approval.
All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing.” — Edmund Burke

Emme

Post by Emme » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:21 am

Ladybird wrote:Welcome Emme!

It's great to have another X-SO here to back up the rest of us who have been telling our stories.

Warrior has a website with a lot of info and names about that era at PAC: http://warrior.xenu.ca/

Also there is a private message board for ex-Sea Org where you might run into some old friends:

XSO - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/XSO/

See You Around,

Ladybird
Oh, thanks for the welcome, and thanks for the links. I'll check them out. I did leave a lot of friends behind when I left.

Thanks for the welcome Roan. It's nice to be here.
--George Orwell

opter

Post by opter » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:30 am

Welcome Emme! :cheerleader:

I hope you post about your experiences in the SO.

I love reading personal experiences of people, mainly because each person has a unique story and way of looking at things. (even though some people think that their story is not special or interesting).

Opter

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:46 pm

You could write a private history of your time in PAC, with names, dates, places, direct quotes, etc. on your own computer, and keep it safe. Perhaps someday CoS will collapse and your full story will be very welcome.

lulu_belle

Re: PAC in the late 70's

Post by lulu_belle » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:19 pm

Emme wrote: I remember how frightened we all were that somehow we'd all be RPF'ed. What I came to understand quickly was that mostly, PAC needed cheap labor for Reno's and the easiest way to get it was to RPF people. It wasn't difficult to see that the Complex needed reno crews, and then suddenly there is an RPF double the size it usually was. I can add two and two, but even adding two and two didn't matter. Anyone could have ended up on the RPF during that time. It was a real witch hunt and List One was the topic of conversation, in whispered tones, ALL the time while I was doing the EPF.

Oh, you got that right.

That happened several times when I was in PAC. Huge renos projects to do: the RPF swells to 200 people.

But then they'll get shifted again. There was a huge RPF right before CC Int went "Saint Hill Size", when all those renos to the building were happening. A big Manor man up was needed for them to be able to be declared SHS. Voila! An Amnesty was declared! Suddenly all the RPFers were forgiven. And they all instantly got shuttled off to become Manor staff.

The next time there was an Amnesty, they were in the middle of big renos. Guess what? Management decided that RPFers were "exempt" from the Amnesty because they still "needed redemption".

Imagine that. :roll:
"Is leaving Scientology the new black?"

Emme

Post by Emme » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:14 pm

You could always tell when something was up by the size of the RPF. In 1981 when PAC was done renovating, the RPF went down to one person. That guy had to be routed to his home Org to be dealt with because he didn't have a twin to audit with. I'll bet that never happened again.

What a joke it was. The missions that came in would scare us to death with some 'latest scourge' and off the people would go to the RPF. The Goldenrod was flying back in those days [probably still is now that I think of it.]

I remember one sec check during the List One Rock Slam purge where I flat out asked the MAA if I was rock slamming. I was just so scared [and naive] I just wanted it to be over with.. you know what I mean. I'll never forget the look on her face. I guess I wasn't because I was never RPF'ed, but we were always afraid of it.
--George Orwell

Gumbythetruth

Post by Gumbythetruth » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:03 pm

Welcome Emme. I,m not an ex-so. Just a wog. I,m happy to see your post.It helps we, who were never In, understand!

Peace,Gumby

duddins

Post by duddins » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:59 am

Jeeze guys...this is my first post here! I can see I am already amoung friends.

Emme.....I joined the SO and did the EPF there in 1974. True that it was not blue and it was pretty damn creepy with all of the hospital feel still around each corner! I painted so many damn hallways there with Doug (tall red hair and liked ti quan do) I stayed at PAC until around 78, then went off to Flag and LATAM.
We may have crossed paths!
I look forward to reading your story!
Greetings,
Bernadette

Emme

Post by Emme » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:21 am

duddins wrote:Jeeze guys...this is my first post here! I can see I am already amoung friends.

Emme.....I joined the SO and did the EPF there in 1974. True that it was not blue and it was pretty damn creepy with all of the hospital feel still around each corner! I painted so many damn hallways there with Doug (tall red hair and liked ti quan do) I stayed at PAC until around 78, then went off to Flag and LATAM.
Greetings,
Bernadette
Doug Harlan?? The artist??? He was a friend of mine. I probably do know you. *smiles* Damn it is really nice to meet and greet people from then. The Complex was scary. I remember. I remember when we hit the basement and found the Morgue.

I remember all that hospital equipment. Can't remember what mission sold all that crap. It took so long to even make that place livable for the EPF and RPF to live there. Remember?? For a long time we were the only ones there.
--George Orwell

duddins

Post by duddins » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:38 am

Emme wrote:
duddins wrote:Jeeze guys...this is my first post here! I can see I am already amoung friends.

Greetings,
Bernadette
Doug Harlan?? The artist??? He was a friend of mine. I probably do know you. *smiles* Damn it is really nice to meet and greet people from then. The Complex was scary. I remember. I remember when we hit the basement and found the Morgue.

I remember all that hospital equipment. Can't remember what mission sold all that crap. It took so long to even make that place livable for the EPF and RPF to live there. Remember?? For a long time we were the only ones there.
Yes Doug Harlan...thanks for reminding me of his name. We painted the hallway to AOLA together. We also did martial arts on the roof of the complex sometimes. (funny I remember Mike Sutter and Jeff Porter from that as well. ) We had some fun times.
I remember the morgue thing....almost a place of legend! We must have been there right around the same time...none of the orgs or FOLO had moved in yet. I have so many funny memories from that time. Remember the bed bugs and food poisoning? Bleach or something. Days in quarantine.
This is so cool. I have only been on OSMB for less than one hour and have already found a lost connection. (I have been posting on ESMB and sometimes XSO)
SO cool emme.

neil c

Post by neil c » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:32 pm

Hi Emme,

Welcome to OCMB!

I posted your write-up to the newsgroup ARS, which elicited some responces, which you can read here - alt.religion.scientology

And welcome Duddins!!

Emme

Post by Emme » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:52 pm

neil c wrote:Hi Emme,

Welcome to OCMB!

I posted your write-up to the newsgroup ARS, which elicited some responces, which you can read here - alt.religion.scientology

And welcome Duddins!!
Thanks for the link! :)
--George Orwell

Emme

Post by Emme » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:05 pm

duddins wrote:

Yes Doug Harlan...thanks for reminding me of his name. We painted the hallway to AOLA together. We also did martial arts on the roof of the complex sometimes. (funny I remember Mike Sutter and Jeff Porter from that as well. ) We had some fun times.
I remember Jeff, ASHO used to have to put in one day on the weekend for renos, and he was usually there one of those days.

Doug was a great guy. He really was. His original designs for the Complex were really innovative at the time. The transformation of the buildings was nothing short of miraculous considering what it looked like when we began renovations.
I remember the morgue thing....almost a place of legend! We must have been there right around the same time...none of the orgs or FOLO had moved in yet. I have so many funny memories from that time. Remember the bed bugs and food poisoning? Bleach or something. Days in quarantine.
Yes, we must have been there at the same time. None of the Orgs had moved in and we really did have the run of the place. Plenty of places to explore that's for sure. Even when LA Org moved in, they were way off in the distance from the renovations in the other buildings.

Once everyone moved in I sort of got claustrophobic in a way, all the places I'd explored, were locked up tight, LOL

I remember the bed bugs. Damn I thought I'd die from them. I didn't get the food poisoning, but I sure had a bout with the bed bugs.

I was also there for the hepatitis flap. The complex was almost guaranteed completely. That was after the Orgs all moved in though. If it had been guaranteed, then no public would have been allowed to class or auditing. I have a long story about that time, maybe I'll write it up soon and share it. The way some tell it, we skated through that, but it really was closer than people realized.

This is so cool. I have only been on OSMB for less than one hour and have already found a lost connection. (I have been posting on ESMB and sometimes XSO)
SO cool emme.
Thanks. It is cool isn't it.
--George Orwell

Return to “Your story from inside Scientology”