I'm not an ex-sci., but this is only place for intro

Share your personal experiences with others. We're not here to judge or criticise, but to share and support.

Moderator: Dorothy

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Quietheart
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

I'm not an ex-sci., but this is only place for intro

Post by Quietheart » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:13 am

I asked Andreas if I could join the forum, I thankfully have never been in Scientology. I grew up in pretty abusive situations and have been searching for "the right religion for me" almost all my adult life. About 2 years ago I thought I'd do the free personality test, I knew I had some mental issues and wanted to see what it'd say. Needless to say they never said what the test revealed, they wanted me to come to Clearwater, I lived south of Orlando. I chose not to go mostly due to finances to be honest. Following that very brief brush I was still interested and thought about eventually going up there to check it out. I'm pretty computer savvy, so I started searching to see what I could learn online, wow was I surprised. I came across stories from Tory and others, that led me to Xenu, etc. I never really made a decision really, life happened and I've been dealing with some major bad stuff for the past year and a half. I won't bore you with all the details. I moved up to TN and started a new life. My fiance was on several boards and I saw the initial stupid stuff "Anon" was doing, it revived my curiosity. As I started searching and collecting my own evidence I found myself getting madder and madder at the awful things I was reading. People being framed, people dieing, fair game. I was scared though, I saw what happened when people stood up and spoke out. Then I saw WBM's message, I went on the various boards and saw people changing. I feel puny compared to those who have been fighting for so long, but I've decided enough is enough. I'm gonna do my best to make sure people are informed. I know a lot of people say bad things still about "anonymous", and yes I count myself as one of them. I have family and feel it's my safest route to protect them but speak out also. I want t help in other ways also, even if it's only listening when someone needs to talk. I know I haven't been were y'all have, I do know what it's like to be hurt and feel there's nothing you can do. I hope y'all accept me, if not I understand.
Last edited by Quietheart on Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Roan
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Roan » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:49 am

Image Welcome Angl!

“The failure to condemn an activity is indeed, an offer of tacit approval.
All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing.” — Edmund Burke

Quietheart

Post by Quietheart » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:54 am

Thanx Roan, love the sig., I feel like I've seen it somewhere else, lol
Last edited by Quietheart on Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

opter

Post by opter » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:35 am

anonangl

Glad you are on this MB and that you didn't do Scientology. :D :D :D

Opter

exstaff

Post by exstaff » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:00 am

opter wrote:anonangl

Glad you are on this MB and that you didn't do Scientology. :D :D :D

Opter

Welcome and you are very lucky indeed! 8)
We do not forgive,
We do not forget,
We will not relent,
We are legion,

Expect us!

"HEY OSA, your worldwide terrorist organization will be closed sooner than you think..."
"I would rather be alive and cool than dead and uncool"...

moontaco

Post by moontaco » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:17 am

Hi Angl! (I'm not an ex either....)

secularpatriot

Post by secularpatriot » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:18 pm

moontaco wrote:Hi Angl! (I'm not an ex either....)
Neither am I. What brought me here was my involvement in "est," before it was "The Forum." Sort of "Scientology-Lite." (The founder of "est" Werner Erhart was successfully sued by L. Ron Hubbard for stealing his copyrighted cult/brainwashing system.)

"est" was my vaccine for the Scientology disease, but I'd stay away from The Forum, too, and all the other Scientology offshoots (LifeSpring, Eckankar, etc.) as they can kill your life just as dead.

I've always felt welcomed here and I'm sure you will as well.

Kilia

Post by Kilia » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:20 pm

Hello and welcome, angl...glad to have you aboard and I'm sure the other anon's are glad as well. :)

Quietheart

Post by Quietheart » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:57 pm

Thank you all. I'll probably be kinda quiet till after the first, I have to fly down to FL for a court case on the 25th dealing with a totally different issue. If for some reason I'm still down there on the 15th I plan on going to the Clearwater protest. If I'm home and all this is behind me I'll be going to the Memphis protest. Anybody here know how big the Nashville center is?
Last edited by Quietheart on Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ned Ludd

Post by Ned Ludd » Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:40 am

I am not ex-sci either but I have my own troubles being ex-mormon guess I am kinda here for the moral support :)
"Who you are speaks so loudly I can't hear what you're saying."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Ladybird

Post by Ladybird » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:23 am

Hello Nedd, and welcome to OCMB. So many new people are suddenly joining the boards it is hard to keep up!

There is a lot information available about many cults, and I hope you will find a home base here.

Again, Welcome!

Ladybird
[i]"There is nothing as wild in the books of Man as will probably happen here on Earth...it will happen and be allowed to happen simply because all this is so incredible that nobody will even think of stopping it until it is far, far too late"~LRH[/i]

Quietheart

Post by Quietheart » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:31 am

hi Ned,
Wanted to welcome you too. Best advice I can give so far is read, I'm learning a LOT simply by doing that. As I become more comfortable, or if I think I might have something of value to add, I'll post more.

Return to “Your story from inside Scientology”