Re: Cult of Scientology V. Family and Friends

Share your personal experiences with others. We're not here to judge or criticise, but to share and support.

Moderator: Dorothy

Elronita
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Elronita » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:31 am

Hello SeaHorse,

I want to tell the whole story however, at this time I would like to remain anon. I have too much at stake. I do nut have the guts as most of you all do on this board. Not yet anyway. My husband is very scared and has warned me to be very careful. I will no doubt protest and trust me when I say this...it is a huge step!

opter
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by opter » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:05 am

Elronita

Protesting is fun and it is double the fun when you do it with your family.

Opter :D

Dorothy

Post by Dorothy » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:42 pm

Dear Elronita,

I felt the same way for a long time.

But, there is a way to tell your story without including the specific details that would give away your identity.

1. Leave out all names, and don't be gender specific wherever possible.

2. Leave out all locations or descriptions of specific locations or data that would lead to the identification of a specific org.

3. You can alter small details while keeping the integrity of the story intact.

4. Avoid incidents that may have been very isolated.

Remember that if it happened to you, chances are it happened to hundreds of other people from many different orgs located in different countries. It is impossible to tell from my story who I am. The types of incidents I talk about happened in every org, to many people.

When you leave the Cult you feel isolated, and you feel like anything bad that happened to you was all your fault, that it happened because there is something wrong with YOU. This is part of the LIE that the cult tricks you into believing.

The bad things that happened to you happened because the Cult, the Culture of Scientology and even the tech IS flawed. That is why you can rest assured that your story is not as unique as you thought it was.

You could write something and show it to someone you trust and see if they can pick out any details that could lead to your exposure. If it passes this test, I would say its safe to post it. Telling our personal stories is the most potent aspect of these forums. I encourage you to do so while maintaining your anonymity.
“The sad truth is that most evil is done by people who never make up their minds to be good or evil.”
― Hannah Arendt

Return to “Your story from inside Scientology”