I Was A Scientologist

Share your personal experiences with others. We're not here to judge or criticise, but to share and support.

Moderator: Dorothy

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Alanzo
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

I Was A Scientologist

Post by Alanzo » Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:23 am

I'm compiling a blog of my 16 years in Scientology.

It's not really a blog - it's more of a memoir.

I add to it as it bubbles up through nightmares and PTSD.

It's here:

http://alanzosblog.blogspot.com

Alanzo

Roan
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Roan » Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:40 am

yep, I'd Image recommend it.

I especially thought this section to be helpful for those in or on their way to doubting: To Scientologists>Two Scientologys

“The failure to condemn an activity is indeed, an offer of tacit approval.
All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing.” — Edmund Burke

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:05 am

It's a great blog. My only recommendation is to relabel the button that says "older posts" since they send the reader to "newer posts."

Scientology uses its auditing hypnosis, promises of OT powers, hope for a real career, and forced busyness to substitute a new Scientology addiction for an old drug addiction. When science invents a cure for alcoholism and drug addiction, Scientology won't attract new desperate druggies, and will have trouble hanging onto its old ex-druggy celebrities like Travolta, Kirstie Alley, and Lisa Marie Presley.

Alanzo

Post by Alanzo » Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:34 pm

Don Carlo wrote:It's a great blog. My only recommendation is to relabel the button that says "older posts" since they send the reader to "newer posts."

Scientology uses its auditing hypnosis, promises of OT powers, hope for a real career, and forced busyness to substitute a new Scientology addiction for an old drug addiction. When science invents a cure for alcoholism and drug addiction, Scientology won't attract new desperate druggies, and will have trouble hanging onto its old ex-druggy celebrities like Travolta, Kirstie Alley, and Lisa Marie Presley.
It's true.

I remember needing auditing like I needed to get high.

And I even talked about my addiction to being "blown-out" to my auditor in session.

We figured that since it was the "natural" high that comes after a thetan experiences greater freedom, that it would be a great thing to be addicted to!

Better than cocaine.

But 16 years later, when I saw how isolated I had become, how easily irritated and pugnacious, at how much credit card debt I had amassed - to the point of facing bankruptcy - I looked around and asked myself:

"What's the difference between this and a bad cocaine habit??"

moonbeam

I was a scientologist

Post by moonbeam » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:41 pm

Arnie referred us to this interview but for some reason the link doesn't work

This is the most courageous heart rendering interview I have heard. It is in five parts on youtube, but well worth the time to listen. The man is so brave to come out this way.

Tom Smith Host of The Edge interviewed Mike.

Mike Henderson 34 yrs in out in 2005. Mike and his wife spent almost two million dollars on Scientology before joining the Sea Org
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ7q9XMA ... re=related Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXt6jxiN ... re=related Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiCqsAn4 ... re=related Part 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wp3gBCS ... re=related Part 4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYgHSjxh ... re=related Part 5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehqC0B_1 ... re=related Part 6

Mike’s 70 year old father said “If it comes down to a church making you to choose between the church or the family. If you choose the religion you should take a good long hard look if you choose the church.” He said this in an interview just before he died in 2007.

Tom Smith summed it up - “Organized Religion should have a sincere respect for human rights in it’s practice of it. Not just say that we support human rights. They have to live it - not just say that they do”

Moonbeam

NattyP

Post by NattyP » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:44 am

Alanzo,

This is KICK@SS description and really helps those of us who weren't "in" understand the allure and effect of auditing:
I remember needing auditing like I needed to get high.

And I even talked about my addiction to being "blown-out" to my auditor in session.

We figured that since it was the "natural" high that comes after a thetan experiences greater freedom, that it would be a great thing to be addicted to!

Better than cocaine.

But 16 years later, when I saw how isolated I had become, how easily irritated and pugnacious, at how much credit card debt I had amassed - to the point of facing bankruptcy - I looked around and asked myself:

"What's the difference between this and a bad cocaine habit??"
Thanks for this post and your blog! I keep checkin' in for updates.
John Carmichael: Are you a homo? Have you come out of the closet?
ANONYMOUS: You're wearing tweed in the summer and you're asking ME if I'm a faggot? Xenu please ...
John Carmichael: What?

RedPill

Re: I Was A Scientologist

Post by RedPill » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:46 pm

Alanzo wrote:I'm compiling a blog of my 16 years in Scientology.

It's not really a blog - it's more of a memoir.

I add to it as it bubbles up through nightmares and PTSD.

It's here:

Alanzo

Alanzo,

I have read about half of your postings so far.

I understand about the PTSD and the nightmares, and I went thru far, far less of it than you did. Scientology was a contributing factor to winding up homeless and on the streets of Los Angeles in 1983, abandoning all my property (mainly things not really worth hanging on to) etc. You went far further and were able to put up with a whole lot more than I ever could. At a certain point, I simply became bummed out to the point of not wanting to be at the mission anymore on course, using just about any excuse not to be there. I really bottom lined at an attempt to having my teat put through the ethics ringer, to the point of simply staying away until an ethics action was recinded. To this day, I tend to get into depressive funks from time to time. When I do, I tend to spend a lot more time than I should lurking on the clambake.

It feels wonderful to know that the end is near for Scientology or at least the Cof$. I have bought a few Guy Fawkes masks for March 15th. It will be my first picket vs Cof$. I just hope that the govt. doesn't use the Cof$ as a poster boy for attacking freedom of religion in this country.

Pete

Hoot

Post by Hoot » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:56 am

Alonzo..

You have written the best description of going "through" Scientology that I have read...

Your incite will help many people....if they can find it...

Thanks...

Hoot
Tom, Tom, Tom, you're glib. You don't know the History of $cientology...we do.

http://www.exscientologykids.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATGjoS5aGOg

RattieUK

Post by RattieUK » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:33 pm

A good read damn you now i have to work as i spent most of the day reading your blog!

scout77

You tell a good story

Post by scout77 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:10 am

Hi Alanzo,

I am 1/2 way through and look forward to finishing your
story.
Welcome home to real life.
Blessings
Scout
All it takes for evil to triumph is for good people to do Nothing.
By Edmund Burke

Once you were tethered now you are free that was the river this is the Sea.
The Waterboys

salino

Post by salino » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:38 am

Thank you Alonzo for your amusing account of your experiences in the cult of scientology. The dog picture under 'ethics bait' is hilarious.
Your utube message to TC was great and I share your conclusions about hubbard.

duddins

Alanzos Blog

Post by duddins » Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:01 am

I like the girl making it go right with that hot dog!

Howdy stranger! :lol: :D

jonny

Post by jonny » Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:31 am

I read this all the way through in one shot. Then I clicked on the links. Then I read it again. I now have a couple hours invested in this. I will give you my thoughts, wanted or not.

You're a writer to be sure. That was obvious without you stating that fact. In my mind this was an incredible journalistic short story. I was absolutley riveted to it, until the very end. Do try and remember that this is a critical examination from someone with zero qualifications. That requires a huge grain of salt on your part. That said, believe me when I say that there is a best selling book here. In my opinion, the opening "chapter" screams symbollism, and it fit like my favorite shoes, even if I never really tried drugs other than pot.

If you don't want to make this a book, please disregard every word from me. If you do, I can't wait for the long version of all your experiences. My only criticism is that in the end, you seem very tired. It lags a tiny bit there. That's why I read it again. You have some serious talent my friend. Even if this is not the story you want to publish, keep writing. In my opinion you have a serious gift. Good luck to you!

Return to “Your story from inside Scientology”