REED SLATKIN & RTC

Share your personal experiences with others. We're not here to judge or criticise, but to share and support.

Moderator: Dorothy

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
blownforgood
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

REED SLATKIN & RTC

Post by blownforgood » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:14 pm

Somebody brought up Reed Slatkin on here the other day.

Well, as always, there is much more to this story than has been told.

In 2000, Reed Slatkin was on RTC “Situations List.” This list is basically Dave Miscavige’s hit list of individuals that are up to no good and need to be dealt with. You don’t have to be a scientologist to make the list. You could be the commissioner of the IRS or Mark Bunker. If you are a threat in any way to the church or them making money, you are on this list somewhere.

So, it seems that RTC knew what Reed Slatkin was up to long before the authorities found out. With sessions KR’s being culled, or reports coming in, they knew that something was up. Also, being the money grubbing fiends that they are, as soon as you throw in millions of dollars worth of threatened donations to scientology, you tend to show up on the RTC radar rather quickly.

Later in the year 2000, all Sea Org members that had money invested with Reed Slatkin were ordered to pull it out, no matter what the circumstances. Somehow, RTC knew all of the Sea Org members that money invested and they were being contacted individually and being told to get their money back and NOW. Several Sea Org members had money invested with him and most of them ended up pulled their money out. This was well before SEC hearings or anything was going on.

Giving the SO members their money back was the least Reed could do, in a way, they had made him a bunch more money and they were not the heavy investors that he would have trouble cashing out. In fact, in the passing months where he was cashing these S.O. members out, he was taking in far more cash from other scientologists. No one was going to blow the lid off the whole thing before these guys got their money out, so Reed had some more time.

So the question is, why did RTC do this and how is it that they knew about this so well ahead of time and why did they have the SO members pull out and not everybody else as well. Rumor has it that they knew there would be a feeding frenzy, and if everybody came at once, then the whole house of cards would fall and the chances of people getting their money back would be slim. They were right about that.

It is funny to note that there was one SO member that REFUSED to take her money out. You see RTC did not say why These Sea Org members needed to get the money out. They alluded to it being “off-purpose” and that it was “out-exchange”, but no one just said what the reason why they had to take it out. Jenny Devoct had money that was invested with Reed Slatkin in her parent’s names. Jenny’s mom is a OT 8 Patron and her dad is a big Hollywood movie producer. They had invested the money with Reed and this was set-up for Jenny. This money was basically going to make Jenny a millionaire Sea Org member and she had no intention of pulling it out. She knew of the RTC action to have all Sea Org members pull their money out, but as there was no other reason than it being out-ethics, she left it there. She knew that Dave Miscavige, Norman Starkey, Marc Yager and others in RTC had several investments (not with Slatkin) and were independently wealthy, so why couldn’t she join the club? So, she left the money there.

There were a few other S.O. members that got burned, but it might have just been due to them keeping their investments secret or whoever was getting data out of Slatkin or his accountants missed them. In Jeff Mintz’s case, he just had a lot more money invested than most other Sea Org Members, so he did not get out in time. That money by the way, came from all of the wealthy scientologists going off to Flag to do their L’s and FPRD and other expensive levels that Jeff Mintz was collecting very healthy commissions on. This is a guy who is making 100K a year in the SO while the girl that is his assistant is making $45/week. Either way, along with a few scattered others in the Sea Org, he lost it all.

Most of the people that were in the SO and lost their money were just given a “Told ya’ so ticket” from Dave Miscavige. Being off purpose never pays off, unless you are Dave Miscavige.

Dave Miscavige would not escape this mess unscathed though. Reed Slatkin was a member if WISE whilst a lot of this scamming took place. Because of this, when there were disputes or problems between any Scientology investors and Reed Slatkin, Scientologists had to table their grievances with WISE. They could not go to authorities or else they would have to face ethics action from the church.

So, the church in fact, kept this scam alive few at least a few years longer due to their absolute inept understanding of what was occurring. Here you have a guy who is bilking hundreds of people out of millions of dollars and when there is a complaint, he is made to write up his Overts and Withholds!

So now, pretty much the who’s who of top scientology members had been scammed by Slatkin. Even several people that knew Dave Miscavige very well. Besides the hundreds of Patrons that are routinely bilked for money by the church, you have Helena Kobrin, Bernie Kirsch, Bennetta Slaughter, etc. Dave was doing damage control on this for years. This might have even been the straw that broke the camel’s back in terms of IAS donations starting to falter. The church could not just go about business as usual. One of their own had ripped the others off and there was nothing the church had or could do about it now except try and patch things up. You even had Scientology parishioners that were professionals in the film industry working at Gold that had to stop and go sort out their finances due to this. One guy who was working at Gold full time had to leave in the middle of a few projects because he had to sell his house, and get his life back together.

Dave was facing these angry Scientologists at every turn. Events in Florida, LA, the Freewinds, in orgs, no matter where he went there were people that had been financially raped by Slatkin. Even in meetings with the RTC attorney, Dave Miscavige would have to hear about Slatkin and how he had screwed her out over 100K. Little did they know that Dave Miscavige managed to get most Sea Org member’s money out BEFORE the fan was hit with the proverbial shit.

Also, as an interesting note, you will see that several Guardians Office names show up on the Reed Slatkin Investor list as well. For a group of people that were ex-communicated and banished from Scientology, these people do tend to show up a lot wherever Scientologists and money are both present.

And since we are on the subject and I cannot remember if I ever posted it. Neither Dave Miscavige or Marc Yager had any money invested with Reed Slatkin. But, in the 1990’s when the Time magazine article came out and the church was doing the ad campaigns against Time and Eli Lilly, A few investments were made. The church was doing weekly ads in USA today for months against Eli Lilly, and each week, their stock prices would go down. Sometimes it would recover slightly, but all in all it was going steadily down for months. Directly after the last ad from the church was placed in USA today and the campaign was going to come to a close, Marc Yager bought a HUGE amount of stock in Eli Lilly! You can bet he made a small fortune on that deal. From what I recall, L Ron Hubbard never mentioned insider trading in any of his lectures or books. I guess it is not considered an overt then?

Now if you can’t believe that, what until you hear about Dave Miscavige’s investments.

Until next time…
BFG
Last edited by blownforgood on Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If you knew what I know
And I am sure you would
You would do what I did
And be BLOWNFORGOOD!

Sea Horse
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Sea Horse » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:49 pm

I'd been hearing for quite some time from a friend of mine (who was in Scientology) that she had written numerous reports (KRs) on Reed Slatkin and what he was up to, and that she knew numerous others who also reported on him.

There is no way that the Church of Scientology did not know what he was up to. They knew, and they let it go on.

Later, I met someone who had made money with the Reed Slatkin investments and she was on the sue list when the bilked investors sued those investors who won. She was having to make and pay back thousands of dollars because of that.

Then another Scientologist was being out-ethics and stole money from another Scientologist. I researched and discovered that this Scientologist had recently filed for absolute bankruptcy (while taking care of the other guy's money... yeah, right) and it was exactly 7 years since the LAST time she filed bankruptcy.

I wrote a report on that to WISE and remember afterwards talking to the WISE Rep FLB Daniele Lattanzi. He told me that the Church of Scientology didn't consider filing for bankruptcy to be out-ethics (even the type of bankruptcy where the person goes out and borrows money and then files for that level of bankruptcy where their debts are wiped out without having to repay them).

He also sort of mentioned that there were many Scientologists who were hit in the Reed Slatkin blow-back where they had to pay back money. He considered that filing bankruptcy to get out of paying back that money was a good thing. After all (his viewpoint), it was the Scientologist who made the money and it was the non-Scientologists who got bilked (came later on the pyramid scheme).

Later on, the President of WISE Int'l write a scathing policy/open letter to all WISE members (or people who should be). It was something like "You're with us, or you're not." He scolded all Scientologists that they had to become WISE members or they would be goldenrod-ed with a WISE Non-Member Issue (which effectively stops you from getting any training or auditing). In his letter he mentioned the Slatkin faux pas and scolded all Scientologists for not writing reports on the matter, that WISE was the correct place to send the reports, yada yada yada blech bullsh*t.

Of course, I know that reports went to CofS, IJC and WISE, so this is all a piece of crapola.

I also know several cases where WISE was an accessory to a Scientologist getting bilked from another, and they hid and covered up several cases of felony crimes.

Take that, WISE! The reports are in the mail to the authorities!
We are the architects of our own lives. Design and build the life you want.

exstaff

Post by exstaff » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:56 pm

=D>

Another fine post...

I guess we should let the FBI & SEC know all the insider trading stuff and get that warrant for arrest on Miscavige and Marcus... :lol:

Ohhhh David.... I told you so....

And just think of ALL the victims coming forward with the stories confirming the previous ones and future ones... you are going to go through some serious hell over the next 20 years and it's only going to get worse for you...

David Miscavige... you rock buddy!!! (as 1.1 as I could possibly say it too).

"it's all over but the scream'n"

SCN+securities fraud=prison = WIN

315 + deprogramming OT's = MORE evidence for DM's prison sentence...
The ides of march are a 'coming... :lol:

couldn't happen to a nicer guy...

:kneesucker:
We do not forgive,
We do not forget,
We will not relent,
We are legion,

Expect us!

"HEY OSA, your worldwide terrorist organization will be closed sooner than you think..."
"I would rather be alive and cool than dead and uncool"...

opter

Post by opter » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:21 am

Very interesting! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted

Opter

antiscn

Re: REED SLATKIN & RTC

Post by antiscn » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:13 am

blownforgood wrote:

Now if you can’t believe that, what until you hear about Dave Miscavige’s investments.

Until next time…
BFG
Aggh!the suspense is killing me!Has he invested with psych drug manufacturers?Maybe the makers of Vistaril?

fowimu

Post by fowimu » Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:00 am

My family member was taken in by scam too. It was well after 2000 so I'm not sure if it was Reed or not. For years she told me she was going to be rich when it paid out. It never did. The last she told me it was being slowed down because of 9/11. She has not spoke about it for 2 or 3 years now.

enricoentheta

Post by enricoentheta » Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:44 am

That's funny because Reed Slatkin was treated like a celeb at CC Int and his son was always in and out of the President's office.

His son was also being heavily recruited for the Sea Org until it came up in a sec check about a year before the Reed scandal that he used his dad's credit cards to hire hookers.

So I guess even his kid got screwed in the whole deal! :D

Hasta luego!!
Enrico Entheta

Benny's Friend

Re: REED SLATKIN & RTC

Post by Benny's Friend » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:58 pm

<delete>
Last edited by Benny's Friend on Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The more who speak out, the more who get out.

NattyP

Post by NattyP » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:46 pm

Thanks, BFG, as always...blockbuster stuff!

This here struck me:
And since we are on the subject and I cannot remember if I ever posted it. Neither Dave Miscavige or Marc Yager had any money invested with Reed Slatkin. But, in the 1990’s when the Time magazine article came out and the church was doing the ad campaigns against Time and Eli Lilly, A few investments were made. The church was doing weekly ads in USA today for months against Eli Lilly, and each week, their stock prices would go down. Sometimes it would recover slightly, but all in all it was going steadily down for months. Directly after the last ad from the church was placed in USA today and the campaign was going to come to a close, Marc Yager bought a HUGE amount of stock in Eli Lilly! You can bet he made a small fortune on that deal. From what I recall, L Ron Hubbard never mentioned insider trading in any of his lectures or books. I guess it is not considered an overt then?
Fuckin' HYPOCRITES.
John Carmichael: Are you a homo? Have you come out of the closet?
ANONYMOUS: You're wearing tweed in the summer and you're asking ME if I'm a faggot? Xenu please ...
John Carmichael: What?

rlsteve

Post by rlsteve » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:44 pm

Sea Horse wrote: Then another Scientologist was being out-ethics and stole money from another Scientologist. I researched and discovered that this Scientologist had recently filed for absolute bankruptcy (while taking care of the other guy's money... yeah, right) and it was exactly 7 years since the LAST time she filed bankruptcy.
Sea Horse, this Scientologist's name wouldn't happen to be Alexandra Yacovlef, would it?
He told me that the Church of Scientology didn't consider filing for bankruptcy to be out-ethics (even the type of bankruptcy where the person goes out and borrows money and then files for that level of bankruptcy where their debts are wiped out without having to repay them).
Filing bankruptcy is technically "bringing civil suit against another Scientologist" which is breaking policy. You're not supposed to bring a lawsuit against another Scientologist without first going through Church channels. I know because the Way To Happiness ED Joni Ginsberg and her husband borrowed $19,000.00 from my aunt so Joni could live at the Celebrity Centre. Later, Joni filed bankruptcy and wiped out my aunt. My aunt took Joni to Chaplain's court, demanding to be paid back, but Joni claimed that the debt was supposed to be between her ex-husband and my aunt and she was not supposed to have anything to do with it. In the end, it was ruled that any child support money that the husband owed Joni, he would pay to my aunt. So, at least in this case, the Church didn't let my aunt get away with being conned by another Scientologist.

Sea Horse

Post by Sea Horse » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:52 pm

rlsteve wrote:So, at least in this case, the Church didn't let my aunt get away with being conned by another Scientologist.
Wow. That's a first. Usually the COS lets the con exist and continue without repercussions. Any money I've been able to get back from other Scientologists was obtained through using more forceful means than COS internal justice (which is a joke).
We are the architects of our own lives. Design and build the life you want.

Return to “Your story from inside Scientology”