My trip down the rabbit hole

Share your personal experiences with others. We're not here to judge or criticise, but to share and support.

Moderator: Dorothy

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
MAKE IT GO LEFT

My trip down the rabbit hole

Post by MAKE IT GO LEFT » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:14 am

This is my first post so forgive me if I go too long. Also sorry about the fake name I just didn't want the folks at OSA to know that I am Kevin Creech living in Benicia California.
I know some people need to stay anonymous but I don't, and I feel hiding only gives them power and I have given them far too much already.
As far as my experience in $cientology it is for the most part uneventful. Like a lot of people I was introduced to the subject by a friend when I was 17 years old. Right away it was very exciting. The subjects that no one seem to have the answers to were being answered , like where do we go when we die and why people do strange things. And it all made perfect sense. All the people seemed very happy and wanted to talk but mostly they listened. This was rare to me as people I knew were so strung out that conversations were very disjointed and topics were never completed.
Young , dumb and now very jazzed , I had to scream it from a mountain top and immediately got my entire family involved. Some still remain.
Not all was bad , in fact there was a lot of good I can say I took away from that experience, but even what good there was didn’t come close to making up for the 30 years I let that subject control my thought process. And that is the real horror ( witness DM )
One of the good things that I can say is I met My wife and even after leaving the cult we still are in love. Another is meeting some friends , in particular Doug Long who remained my friend until Nov 2006. When he decided to take his own life. And his story best shows the true danger of this cult.
Doug and I met while we were in scientology at Berkeley. We were both in need of a roommate and got a place to share. Throughout the years we were roommates in several places and our friendship grew.
Doug joined staff at San Francisco and was working with the G.O. , OSA’s predecessor . And like a good friend started including me on the espionage . Before long I was sifting through attorney’s garbage at mid night and using my position at work to gain entry to the apartment buildings of the enemy of the moment. This was all very exciting and made me feel that I was fighting the good fight.
As time went on , Doug moved on, and joined the Sea Org where he could sink his teeth into the “Tech ? “
After 20 plus years of slave labor he reached the lofty position of Solo Not’s Senior C/S.
I on the other hand made it through O.T. IV ( or so they called it that )
When G.A.T. was released I knew Scientology was not for me but my wife still wanted to get through the sacred O.T. 3 and I wanted her to have that experience. At the time I was still a believer in workability of Hubbard’s writings.
When she was told that she wasn’t Clear and needed to re-start her bridge, that was it for both of us.
By this time my good friend Doug had spent 2 plus years in the RPF and was himself done with the organization.
Naturally we turned to him for advise .
I remember having breakfast with him one morning and mentioning that with all that training , he must think like LRH. He responded “ that’s the point , I can think exactly like Hubbard “

He later let me in on the fact that he no longer believed , but only after I was coming to the same conclusion.
Unfortunatly for Doug he spent the best years of his like trying to get those big questions answered , only to find himself at age 50 with no real job , no wife or children and waiting only to slowly decay until death was at his door. Not my words .. His!! After much conversation about it .. The man who thinks like Hubbard decided to kill himself.
That is why Scientology needs to be stopped.

I tell this story in tribute to a dear friend. I hope you found what you were looking for .

Ladybird
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Ladybird » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:44 am

Unfortunatly for Doug he spent the best years of his like trying to get those big questions answered , only to find himself at age 50 with no real job , no wife or children and waiting only to slowly decay until death was at his door. Not my words .. His!! After much conversation about it .. The man who thinks like Hubbard decided to kill himself.
That is why Scientology needs to be stopped.

I tell this story in tribute to a dear friend. I hope you found what you were looking for .
Thank you Kevin for sharing your story and for this tribute to Doug. There were many mentions of Doug in various threads, he was a great guy and well remembered by those who knew him. Here a is a thread about his untimely death:

Our Friend, Doug Long
viewtopic.php?t=21640&postorder=asc&highlight=doug+long

Scientology has hurt so many people. The cult really does need to be stopped!
[i]"There is nothing as wild in the books of Man as will probably happen here on Earth...it will happen and be allowed to happen simply because all this is so incredible that nobody will even think of stopping it until it is far, far too late"~LRH[/i]

Edward
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Edward » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:38 am

Welcome Kevin Creech from Benicia California,

Pleasure to meet you and thanks for sharing your story.

MAKE IT GO LEFT

Post by MAKE IT GO LEFT » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:53 pm

Ladybird , thanks for the link. Most of the posts were from Daisy , my wife. so I'd read them earlier . It is nice to know someone read my post and cared enough to respond. It really helps.

scout77

Kevin great post

Post by scout77 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:17 am

Kevin,
Thanks for writing and sharing what happened. I often wondered but
didn't want to pry. I am sure there is much more to share and I am
really happy to have you here, since I admire your advise and always
have.
Love your
Sister in Law
Rose, thats right O$A, Velasco
All it takes for evil to triumph is for good people to do Nothing.
By Edmund Burke

Once you were tethered now you are free that was the river this is the Sea.
The Waterboys

opter

Post by opter » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:44 am

Kevin

Welcome to OCMB and thank you for telling your story.

It is nice to see members of the same family posting on this MB.

Hi Rose. :love5:

Opter

RedPill

Welcome

Post by RedPill » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:41 pm

Welcome to the Clambake, Kevin. Now you walk over to that wall. Thank you. Touch that wall. Thank you. Turn around. Thank you. Walk over to that wall. Thank you. Touch that wall. Thank you. Etc...

(just kidding)

Pete

lucy skywalker

Post by lucy skywalker » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:56 pm

Hello Kevin,

Thank you for coming forth and sharing your story.

May your friend Doug Rest In Peace. I too hope he found what he was looking for.

I love that you shared this ... this is the truth of Scientology...

"I remember having breakfast with him one morning and mentioning that with all that training , he must think like LRH. He responded “ that’s the point , I can think exactly like Hubbard “

He later let me in on the fact that he no longer believed , but only after I was coming to the same conclusion."

Who wants to think exactly like Hubbard?! Nuff said.

Welcome to OCMB. Glad you are out, happy and living a good life. I don't know your wife Daisy personally, but I love her from her posts!

lucy
www.exscientologykids.com/
www.exscn.net
[i]beyond_horizons ... rest in peace dear friend[/i]

Lavalyte

Post by Lavalyte » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:18 am

lucy skywalker wrote:Hello Kevin,

Thank you for coming forth and sharing your story.

May your friend Doug Rest In Peace. I too hope he found what he was looking for.

I love that you shared this ... this is the truth of Scientology...

"I remember having breakfast with him one morning and mentioning that with all that training , he must think like LRH. He responded “ that’s the point , I can think exactly like Hubbard “

He later let me in on the fact that he no longer believed , but only after I was coming to the same conclusion."

Who wants to think exactly like Hubbard?! Nuff said.

snip

lucy
Why, scientologists do, of course. This is something that people outside scientology have long recognised, but I never knew it was recognised inside the organisation as well.
"I have nothing but the greatest respect for other peoples' crackpot beliefs" -- Sam the Eagle.

Hoot

Post by Hoot » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:26 am

Thanks Keven..

Glad you are here...and not there...

Hope you have time to post more...your story will help many people I am sure.

Love

Hoot
Tom, Tom, Tom, you're glib. You don't know the History of $cientology...we do.

http://www.exscientologykids.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATGjoS5aGOg

Gladiator

Re: My trip down the rabbit hole

Post by Gladiator » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:02 pm

MAKE IT GO LEFT wrote:That is why Scientology needs to be stopped.

I have found only what I was NOT looking for, and far too much of it,
but I now no longer give for granted those freedoms and rights that I
used to give for granted before, now I know how easily they can be
lost, and how many people are more than eager and happy to trample on them.

I am very happy that you are out.
" CULTS ARE SOUL STEALERS "

MAKE IT GO LEFT

Post by MAKE IT GO LEFT » Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:16 am

Thank you all for your kind responses. It's tough enough to lose a friend or a religion but when you lose one because of another, it is a heavy weight.
Again Thank You all.
Kevin

AnonMomAnon

Post by AnonMomAnon » Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:23 am

howdy kevin.
i'm very glad that you made it out alive.

i feel weird welcoming you to OCMB since i'm fairly new myself, so i'll just say that i'm glad we're all here!

thanks for sharing your story and i also hope you have time to post.

in the meantime, we're busy with a little something something here and i hope you'll enjoy the show: we're disseminating the cult of scientology in our spare time!

:D

Return to “Your story from inside Scientology”