Reconnecting

Share your personal experiences with others. We're not here to judge or criticise, but to share and support.

Moderator: Dorothy

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
carol
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Reconnecting

Post by carol » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:01 am

I believe there is a notable difference in reconnecting with people still in the cult verses people who have left and are finding friends and family again.

By recently finding my father I have been introduced to a new profoundly frustrating exercise of wait and see. Will we ever have a conversation not limited by cult think and the absolutes imposed by mind control? Will he ever see me as more than an opportunity to potentially feed the money machine?

I read the postings of ex-cult members and admire how much knowledge and self-awareness they have gained (or regained) quickly by freeing themselves from the cult’s dogma.

I have experienced a huge sense of relief, a lifting of a deep hurt and a new ability to understand and let go of the anger and seething sense of betrayal that has permeated my life. Finding my father and coming to terms with where he finds himself at the last stages of his life leaves me with very mixed emotions but overall reconnecting has been immensely worthwhile for me.

I wish you all the best in your reconnections.
Carol
stillsearching

Ladybird
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Ladybird » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:49 am

Dear Carol, my heart goes out to you. It is frustrating, infuriating and very, very saddening to try to break someone free from the chains a cult like scientology puts around peoples minds.

When you add in to that how a parent or child feels if and when they wake up and realize that the only reason they missed their mothers funeral, their childrens life, and decades of true love and reality it is no wonder they cling to the tattered beliefs of scientology.

Just look at studies like the Stanford experiment, the Milgram study and all the other studies such as the Stockholm syndrome and so many others. It is amazing that anyone is able to speak out after years of scientology indoctrination.

You can forgive your scientology relatives and friends and you can love them, but for gods sake hide the silver if they come to your house while still under the influence of scientology.

EX-scientologists make wonderful house guests.
[i]"There is nothing as wild in the books of Man as will probably happen here on Earth...it will happen and be allowed to happen simply because all this is so incredible that nobody will even think of stopping it until it is far, far too late"~LRH[/i]

carol

Post by carol » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:17 am

Ladybird thanks for the smile and thank you for your wisdom re: the money thing. I am sure my father trying to offer me, 'too good to be true' methods to make amazing money would have hurt my feeling a lot more had you not warned me. Instead of feeling personally insulted I realized it was just a confirmation of where his mind set is.
stillsearching

Return to “Your story from inside Scientology”