More wog experiences

Share your personal experiences with others. We're not here to judge or criticise, but to share and support.

Moderator: Dorothy

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Gumbythetruth
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

More wog experiences

Post by Gumbythetruth » Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:15 pm

deleted
Last edited by Gumbythetruth on Sun May 15, 2011 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ladybird
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Ladybird » Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:55 pm

Being European, no Thanksgiving was not a big deal. But I did miss a lot of things, including my mothers and grandmothers funerals.
[i]"There is nothing as wild in the books of Man as will probably happen here on Earth...it will happen and be allowed to happen simply because all this is so incredible that nobody will even think of stopping it until it is far, far too late"~LRH[/i]

Sea Horse

Post by Sea Horse » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:06 pm

Sea Org usually work through all holidays. You might have a special "turkey dinner" on Thanksgiving, but it's a work day like all the others. Christmas, too. Labor Day or Memorial Day are just days that "public Scientologists" might have off and you can get them to come in and do more course time.

For Class V org staff: You might get the day off (Thanksgiving or Christmas) but more often than not the org will be open on those days.

Employees at a Scientologist-owned company: You most likely won't be paid for taking off those days, even though the office might be closed on those days. Labor Day and Memorial Day will likely be a work day for you (though everything else will be closed). A Scientologist employer won't likely pay their employees unless they work -- you won't get "paid holidays" or "paid sick leave".

Sea Org getting to go visit family on T-day or Xmas? Forget it!
We are the architects of our own lives. Design and build the life you want.

Ladybird

Post by Ladybird » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:21 pm

Even if you do get the holiday off, it is NO excuse for your stats being down.
[i]"There is nothing as wild in the books of Man as will probably happen here on Earth...it will happen and be allowed to happen simply because all this is so incredible that nobody will even think of stopping it until it is far, far too late"~LRH[/i]

Elronita

Post by Elronita » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:15 pm

Ladybird wrote:Being European, no Thanksgiving was not a big deal. But I did miss a lot of things, including my mothers and grandmothers funerals.
Ladybird,

My heart sunk when I read this :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

fowimu

Post by fowimu » Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:48 pm

Ladybird wrote:Being European, no Thanksgiving was not a big deal. But I did miss a lot of things, including my mothers and grandmothers funerals.
:cry: I'm so sorry.

Ladybird

Post by Ladybird » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:23 am

Please don't feel bad for me, I am old and what is done was done. I just want to be sure that others don't go through this.

I really wonder about many of the X-Sea Org who posted for a few months and then disappeared. Where are you guys??? Do you not care? Did you get paid off?

Whatever...

opter

Post by opter » Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:29 am

In the class V org where I was on staff, you either took xmas day or new years day off.

We were allowed two weeks off per year but we had to find a replacement for ourself and it was very difficult.

I took two weeks off, because my sister came for a visit and the only reason I found a replacment was that I was able to pay someone to do the job. :evil:

Opter

Twin A

Post by Twin A » Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:35 am

Hi Gumby,

No, us youngsters in the film crew did not get to go visit our real family for Thanksgiving that year, and not any year after that. But we did get a nice dinner that day, maybe an extra 30 minutes to eat it. The cooks were really good at Gold. I will give them that.

hugs, Mo

Sea Horse

Post by Sea Horse » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:08 am

opter wrote:... and the only reason I found a replacment was that I was able to pay someone to do the job.
I've "replaced" staff members but only for a day or two. And usually it was because I was trying to get "brownie points" because I was in lower conditions.

Imagine... in a sane world... would you ever let someone "in lower conditions" do your post?

Jesus Christ! :roll:
We are the architects of our own lives. Design and build the life you want.

Gumbythetruth

Post by Gumbythetruth » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:57 pm

deleted
Last edited by Gumbythetruth on Sun May 15, 2011 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:16 pm

Gumby, click on search, go to "author" box and write your nickname. That will give you every post you wrote. Look at the thread name and dates to further narrow down your search.

Twin A

Post by Twin A » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:52 pm

Hi Gumby,

I've had some time to post things on this board, and I wrote a novel over on ESMB. It's unusual that I have this time. Getting out of the SO in my late 30's with nothing and a bunch of medical problems, kind of took up most of my time resolving, and it still does. But I do , at least post once in a while, and check what news is out there.

I rremember that Drug Rehab Film shoot. I always thought we were shooting in vistavision, with the 35mm film rolling past the gate sideways, so that the projected image would be really wide at the LRH Life Exhibition. Did you ever go to that? To see that film projected? I don't know if they still use it. It was a short projector throw distance, so that's why vistavision was chosen.

I learned some things on that shoot, because I got to do some DP work, learn how to use all the light meters and exposing the different types of film we used for 2nd Unit stuff.

I remember that day out on the road for the fake car accident. The paremedics were not actors, they were off duty paramedics. They taught us some paramedic slang like "FUBAR" Fucked up beyond all recognition, and some other things I can't recall. The Coroner in the shot was an actual Coroner and he told us some really gross stories too. With a completely straight face. The law enforcement/DEA officals in the Hemet area that we used on the "drug bust" shot were more than happy to help on making an anti-drug film. Hemet is one of the largest drug activity areas on Southern California, lots of places out in the valley to hide out and make meth labs and such. It's a trouble area, so we did not have a shortage of anti-drug support.

I used to believe in the Narconon program, until I found out that the Purif was dangerous to me personally health wise. I made some suggestions on how to fix the Purif to the Snr CS INt office, but was ignored. There are no real studies to show that Narconon is any more effective than other high priced live-in drug rehab facilities, and it does come with the additional problem of getting someone and their family involved with Scientology. Not something I recommend, at least until the day they reform and stop being a cult offering self improvement courses and counselling along with harmful cult behavior.

Gumbythetruth

Post by Gumbythetruth » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:57 pm

deleted

Return to “Your story from inside Scientology”