Just Lost

Share your personal experiences with others. We're not here to judge or criticise, but to share and support.

Moderator: Dorothy

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
lostinspace
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Just Lost

Post by lostinspace » Sun May 04, 2008 1:11 am

Hi

I am an ex Scio emphasis on the ex. I was a practicing Scio for too many years. Though I am not prepared
to reveal my identify so publically, I let any and all wogs know I was one and tell them about my own
personal experiences for the worse of course and some of the well known one ie Lisa McPherson.
Many people either don't know what it is and I tell them definately a cult. Or already know it is
a cult but are curious how it works. How to begin when ones journey was so long and at the end of
it realized they were lied to and there were worse horrors in the cult that were hidden from them.
My eyes completely opened when I started looking at the internet and saw the Lisa McPherson case some
2 years after it happened. And know what I believed it immediately because I had witnessed weird and
wrong events before that. I wish I could share them. Those that I trust here can PM me for details if
they wish.

I've been watching all the events recently with an inward sigh of relief. I hope in the very least that
Scientology becomes at least defanged and known about more publically wide for what it is. I know from
being in the inside that many do not even know about the outside world. Ha one is too busy when on
course and doing services to even think about anything else ... well that and earning money for the
bridge. I applaud Anon for bringing COS into the light of day and showing them for what they are.
That is probably the biggest help of all. Its been in the news. And Jason Beghe is officially my
hero for standing up to them. I know what it took for him to do so, and so very publically while
Tommy boy is lying through his teeth and knows it!

As for the long time critics this must be a happy time as much as this can be a happy thing. Battle
worn and fair gamed ... looking over your shoulders and never giving up. Some of you must be so very
weary. You also deserve metals for all your efforts to expose COS for the dangerous and cruel entity
it is.

I aplogize for the rambling post but I've held so much in for far too long and hope one day I can say who
I am and publically speak about my personal experiences.

My best you all in this fight.

Lost

Dunvegan

Post by Dunvegan » Sun May 04, 2008 1:15 am

Welcome, lostinspace!

So very happy to see you here in this forum topic area.

Yes. the pressure is on, and the end of the cult cometh.

Meanwhile, have a nice slice of caek, and a ring-side seat...and thank you so much for telling your story.
--
Dunvegan

FreedomFan
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Just Lost

Post by FreedomFan » Sun May 04, 2008 1:30 am

Welcome Lost,

I know how you feel. It took me a year and a half to even start seriously LOOKING on the internet, let alone say anything. So good for you.

There are so many good people here and on other related MBs. Hang in there - no need to feel lost here.

FreedomFan

exstaff

Post by exstaff » Sun May 04, 2008 1:52 am

Welcome lost, you don't ever have to reveal your identity and actually it's almost recommended.

Certain individuals would love to find out who you are, as you are aware and yes they are here too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_eng ... ecurity%29

"This article is about the manipulation of individuals. For social engineering in terms of influencing popular behavior, see Social engineering (political science).
Social engineering is a collection of techniques used to manipulate people into performing actions or divulging confidential information.[1] While similar to a confidence trick or simple fraud, the term typically applies to trickery for information gathering or computer system access and in most cases the attacker never comes face-to-face with the victim."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_eng ... science%29

As you are probably well aware since working for the "church" they can be very vicious, cruel & anything goes towards a critic. Be well aware of social engineering tactics and keep your identity safe as long as you desire. We step over all social engineering attempts here.

This is a guy that saves lives right here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arnie_Lerma

He can help tremendously with any mental damage done to you (if any), anti-brainwashing techniques and general deprogramming. It really pisses off the church too, to have you alive and talking. Kinda think of all their policies, words and associations as being completely canceled!

Welcome back to life! :)
We do not forgive,
We do not forget,
We will not relent,
We are legion,

Expect us!

"HEY OSA, your worldwide terrorist organization will be closed sooner than you think..."
"I would rather be alive and cool than dead and uncool"...

opter

Post by opter » Sun May 04, 2008 10:41 am

Welcome lost! :cheerleader:

I'm glad you are out and "rambling" here. :D

Opter

JaneDoe

Post by JaneDoe » Sun May 04, 2008 10:48 am

Welcome to clambake, lost. You've landed in a good place :)

lostinspace

Post by lostinspace » Sun May 04, 2008 1:02 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome :D . Honestly, it feels good to belong to a community that understands what one has been through. It took years to strip away the slime, doubts and emotional scars that were left by being in and leaving. This has to have been the same for many others here. The bursting into to course rooms for demands for more cash when one was already broke. Geez, even one staff said forget about having to buy diapers for your children or your debts ... [b]we are trying to save the planet[/b]. How many of you all felt angry over even small incidents. Many of just these small ones added up over time for me and weren't forgotten. I was angry because we were all there collectively doing what we were supposed to be doing and were still being made wrong. Being made wrong is a speciality of $scios. And mostly all one's interactions were unrealistic stats to complete before Thurs or money money money. As another poster pointed out here the only time they were smiles and compliments was when one was paying for services.

I once saw a grown man of over 50 crying as he was being regged because he was using the last of what was on his credit card with no real way to pay it, the reg smiling and reaasuring him it was the right thing to do and it was just the action needed and everything would go right after that. I still wonder what happened to that man. If he was able to find a way to pay his debts. That is just one very little piece of the slime it took years to not have an effect on me.

I wish the credit card companies would catch up with the Church of $cientology and its misuse of credit on its members. That alone would bring them to their knees. When I tell wogs how much services cost they just blink disbelieving at me. Like Im exaggerating. Sad isn't it? Its not PTS to the middle class at $cios promote, one becomes PTS if one would even wish to use that term to them. There are no dynamics in $cientology, the only dynamic is their own group survival at the cost of members.

As for thier so called Tech, over the years by my own research have found many many sources from which all of the tech was stolen, borrowed or warped by literal versions there of. How many of you felt stymied on course cause one was not allowed to truly think, just swallow course materials lock stock and barrel? It really is a mental prison that gets stricter and more enforced as one moves up the bridge. No room for questions. Since leaving I have a profound respect and love of intellectual freedom, almost a joy of because I am free to think for myself now and roam and investigate the world for what it is.

At first the losses of friends etc ... were painful but over time I have accepted and learned to move on because the price was far too high to procede with the facade of a true believer. I could not even just live on the skirmishes of pretending to be one any longer for the sake of peace or friends or safety.

Thanks for the support and listening to yet more ramblings.

Lost

Lisafer

Post by Lisafer » Sun May 04, 2008 1:38 pm

Ramble to your heart's content Lost...we are just glad to hear from you. Besides, it's so much better to sick it all up then to keep it inside.

You're among friends. :D

carol

Post by carol » Sun May 04, 2008 4:19 pm

Hello Lost
I've been wondering if after spending years and years, would be kinder for a person to not wake to the truth. Thank you for posting. You have confirmed for me that seeing the truth of this scam is definitely worth it. I hope your immense sense of loss diminishes with each freethinking day.
Carol
stillsearching

Elronita

Post by Elronita » Sun May 04, 2008 10:00 pm

lostionspace,

Thank you for posting that. Welcome to the bake :P Myself and many others here (as you know) can relate to you.

If you ever need anything, a shoulder to cry on, an ear to scream in you can always come here :wink:

I'm glad you are out of the cult---Welcome~!~

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Sun May 04, 2008 10:37 pm

Most people can't handle hearing even a 10th of CoS's crimes. People just escaping CoS, don't go on and on about CoS at parties, work, or anywhere you meet people casually. It violates people's belief in a just government and a just deity that such things go on. Even worse, they think you were a chump not to quit. These people are ignorant, not bad. Here's how to talk about CoS: Make a friend based on other interests. After awhile, if Tom Cruise comes up in conversation, or there is an opening, confide that you worked for CoS and quit. Let him do the asking - don't give him a two hour speech of how bad it is - it could overwhelm the friend and he might start avoiding you. Suggest a site like this one to learn the basics. When the friend comes here, he can surf as short or long as he wants, and he won't associate the "weirdness" with you. Next time the friend tells you he's shocked from reading CoS, tell him more. Don't talk his ear off, and especially don't tell CoS stories using lots of jargon like SP, blow, stats, etc. That's confusing to someone new to the Scientology story.

But HERE, you can talk and talk. Tell us everything. Use jargon if you like; we know there's no good translation for "SP." We're obsessed. We want to hear you and talk to you. Many of us are working through our own anger and loss by unmasking CoS, and new people coming on the board bring fresh energy and another chance for us to help.

Ladybird

Post by Ladybird » Sun May 04, 2008 11:11 pm

Lost in Space, all my life I have been told I looked like Penny. Anyway...after I got out, I ended up working in a place with my cousin who was born the same year as me and we grew up together. Both of us went off to college...didn't really keep in touch, and were best of friends again when we both came back "home". (WE DID NOT live with our parents.!!)

So we worked together for a couple years in a professional environment, we were both going to community college, I graduated first and was leaving. My cuz drove me to one of the going away parties. I was leaving the next week for my new job. It was 6 am, we were on a lonely country road and I suddenly realized how much I would miss seeing her every day.

I said, "I don't know how to tell you this, but all those missing years, I was in the cult of scientology." My cousin veered off to the side of the road, started crying (this was not a woman who cryed) and said OMFG!!! I joined scientology too! They ripped me off, broke my heart, our friend T is still in, so is so and so her and him....OMFG!!! We were so late for the party, but can you believe it?"

Here were 2 very close friends and relatives who grew up together from birth who both went off to college (me on the east coast, she on the left coast ;-) and we both (and some of our friends) got sucked in to the frickin goddammed cult of scientology!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And we couldn't even feel like we could talk about it! /snark on; they all thought I was a model/callgirl in NYC and I prefered that rumour to the truth that I was really a cult member. My cousin pretended she was a nurse at a private school in Sheridan Oregan. She was, but she didn't get paid.
[i]"There is nothing as wild in the books of Man as will probably happen here on Earth...it will happen and be allowed to happen simply because all this is so incredible that nobody will even think of stopping it until it is far, far too late"~LRH[/i]

lucy skywalker

Post by lucy skywalker » Sun May 04, 2008 11:14 pm

dear lost,

welcome!

i don't think you are rambling at all. you make perfect sense!

continue on!

glad you are here!

love,

lucy
www.exscientologykids.com/
www.exscn.net
[i]beyond_horizons ... rest in peace dear friend[/i]

exstaff

Post by exstaff » Sun May 04, 2008 11:59 pm

Ladybird wrote:Lost in Space, all my life I have been told I looked like Penny. Anyway...after I got out, I ended up working in a place with my cousin who was born the same year as me and we grew up together. Both of us went off to college...didn't really keep in touch, and were best of friends again when we both came back "home". (WE DID NOT live with our parents.!!)

So we worked together for a couple years in a professional environment, we were both going to community college, I graduated first and was leaving. My cuz drove me to one of the going away parties. I was leaving the next week for my new job. It was 6 am, we were on a lonely country road and I suddenly realized how much I would miss seeing her every day.

I said, "I don't know how to tell you this, but all those missing years, I was in the cult of scientology." My cousin veered off to the side of the road, started crying (this was not a woman who cryed) and said OMFG!!! I joined scientology too! They ripped me off, broke my heart, our friend T is still in, so is so and so her and him....OMFG!!! We were so late for the party, but can you believe it?"

Here were 2 very close friends and relatives who grew up together from birth who both went off to college (me on the east coast, she on the left coast ;-) and we both (and some of our friends) got sucked in to the frickin goddammed cult of scientology!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And we couldn't even feel like we could talk about it! /snark on; they all thought I was a model/callgirl in NYC and I prefered that rumour to the truth that I was really a cult member. My cousin pretended she was a nurse at a private school in Sheridan Oregan. She was, but she didn't get paid.
Wow ladybird, that's a great story!
We do not forgive,
We do not forget,
We will not relent,
We are legion,

Expect us!

"HEY OSA, your worldwide terrorist organization will be closed sooner than you think..."
"I would rather be alive and cool than dead and uncool"...

Gumbythetruth

Post by Gumbythetruth » Mon May 05, 2008 12:54 am

This WOG welcomes you Lostinspace!

Return to “Your story from inside Scientology”