Going Clear... by Gibney : more than just the TRUTH

Share your personal experiences with others. We're not here to judge or criticise, but to share and support.

Moderator: Dorothy

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
thorshammer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Going Clear... by Gibney : more than just the TRUTH

Post by thorshammer » Sun May 24, 2015 2:56 pm

I was a Scn'ist for about nine years, during the heyday of Rinder and Rathbun (the 90's). I watched them take their turns parading for Miscavige in their semi-annual broadcasts to their "millions". Even in the thick of it, I could sense a dictatorship.

It's remarkable to see them now, coming to their senses themselves and enduring the resulting slings and arrows. Gibney does a great job doing justice to the story, I would add little to what's done (other than perhaps including Chris Shelton, one of the best apologists for ex'Scn's around). It's a bit like reliving history for me, only more truthful this time.

Thinking of all the money I could have saved, if instead I'd just gone to the park and meditated. Better late than never! ;)

Don Carlo
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Going Clear... by Gibney : more than just the TRUTH

Post by Don Carlo » Sun May 24, 2015 3:16 pm

Welcome, Thorshammer. I'd call Chris Shelton a great communicator with a deep perspective from his previous mindset and training. Usually he finds things have gotten even more punitive and absurd, but he's not excusing the earlier manipulation and abuse.

Return to “Your story from inside Scientology”