My Sea Org story (short version)

Share your personal experiences with others. We're not here to judge or criticise, but to share and support.

Moderator: Dorothy

sunmeltingsnow

My Sea Org story (short version)

Post by sunmeltingsnow » Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:52 pm

I've been out of the Sea Org since the mid-90s, but it took me years to even be able to think about it, much less talk about it. I got in as a teenager, and was later joined by my dad. We did the EPF at Flag, and although we were supposed to be going somewhere else we ended up staying (mostly due to my mom and her custody agreement). Over time, I also did full time training in LA. (My mind is fuzzy on details and I forget the name of the building. It was at Hollywood Blvd and Ivar.) Eventually, due to threatened legal action from my mom for being out of state without her knowing, I was sent away until I turned 18. I tried to come back, kinda freaked out, and eventually blew. My dad routed out at some point later and became public. When he left from that he had a TON of intimidation and legal trouble.

I found this board because I had a dream about my boyfriend in the SO. I googled him last night, and found his name mentioned on a thread. I thought maybe it was time to talk about. Maybe even find people who were there at the same time?

I'm sorry this is choppy, I keep editing out lines of details, afraid that after all this time there might be someone lurking that would give me a hard time. All these years and I'm still paranoid. Thanks, SO! :roll:

I'mglib

Re: My Sea Org story (short version)

Post by I'mglib » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:16 am

Wow, thanks for your introduction, Sunmeltingsnow.

The building on Hollywood and Ivar is HGB (Hollywood Guarantee Building) which houses the Hubbard Life Center--a museum about LRH.

Some of us have spent many a day protesting in front of this building. There are some guards we have gotten to know (Franck and Andy, for instance) among others.

So, your dad was in but your mother wasn't? That must have been hard. Also, joining the Sea Org as a teenager must have been interesting.
"A man may build himself a throne of bayonets, but he cannot sit on it." -William Ralph Inge

Watch the Los Angeles press conference here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ScilonTV#p/

sunmeltingsnow

Post by sunmeltingsnow » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:46 am

Ahhh, thank you for the name. That detail has been bugging me all night! I was there when they begin renovations for the HLC. It seem like it took forever for them to create it, but I'm sure it was just hype that made it seem like a long time. We all got to take a tour before it opened. I thought we were given some sort of perk or special treatment to be allowed in, but I found out later we were both practice and a test for the docents. As an aside, I remember being insanely jealous of their street clothing budget. As a further aside, I wonder if the pizza shop next-door is still there 20+ years later? I'm glad there are protesters there now, but I'm selfishly glad there weren't any when I was there. I was so naïve to city life that I don't know what I would have done being confronted by a protester.

To answer your question, yes my dad was in and my mother wasn't. They had divorced about five years before. She was very anti-Scientology. For me, I was struggling to get along with my dad, but living with my mom wasn't a viable option. The SO was a fantastic way to get away from both of them.

Which leads into: It was both good and bad to join as a teen. At home I had just been starting to get in with a bad crowd. (And I knew they were a bad crowd.) more than once I was flabbergasted that my new SO friends did things like go to the movies on Friday night or play beach volleyball for fun. Not get drunk and have sex like my old school friends! I feel like there were a lot of us between 15 and 20 years old and that was surely the good part of my experience.

Yikes. Sorry to write a novel!

Demented Founder

Post by Demented Founder » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:27 pm

I wasted 5 months of my life in Sea Org, which doesn't seem much. I know that sex is prohibited in SO, so usually when former SO members use the words "boyfriend" and "girlfriend", they mean handholding, unless they are as bold as my friend Patrick, who had sex with several public Scientologists during his 7-month stint in SO. But even he didn't make love to a fellow SO member.

I think that it is a good idea to contact your ex, especially if he had left SO. But even if he is still in, you might be able to convince him to leave CoS behind.
"Cuando el pene de Xenu es adentro de mi culo, estoy inmenso feliz. Eso es manera de que Saentologia funciona. Voy a chingar todos mis aprentizes"
L. Ron Hubbard, Mi Vida Secreta.

sunmeltingsnow

Post by sunmeltingsnow » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:57 pm

Demented Founder, 5 months is still 5 months. It's long enough to have gone through the EPF, and get onto a post. Get into the daily grind of it, if you will. It's a testament of your good sense that you only made it that long.

Like a lot of teens in the SO, I was engaged. While we did go out 2D a few times, we didn't have sex. For me, this was awful. I'd had sex pre-SO and I was pretty bummed not to continue the fun. In the EPF (pre-the above mentioned boyfriend) I went well past the allowed 'heavy petting' with a guy who was headed to the ship. He told me he didn't care and he'd be happy to lie about it later. I wonder how THAT worked out for him. Particularly since my later boyfriend was heavily sec checked when we asked to get married. (Strangely, my sec check was pretty mild. If they only knew that most of the time I was the instigator, not he.)

Demented Founder

Post by Demented Founder » Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:27 pm

I like one of the SO girls very much, she was gorgeous and smart, she was everything a man could want. She like me, too, as she told my friends, we even held our hands once. I was 24 at that time, and she was 21. But I decided not to get involved with her because I was not planning to stay in SO for too long. Before I joined SO I was promised that they will put me on a fast track to the Class V auditor. After that I was going to leave the hated SO. That didn't happen, they didn't put me on a fast track, so I left. I still regret the decision not to date Ann Mary. I don't know what happened to her as the years passed by.
"Cuando el pene de Xenu es adentro de mi culo, estoy inmenso feliz. Eso es manera de que Saentologia funciona. Voy a chingar todos mis aprentizes"
L. Ron Hubbard, Mi Vida Secreta.

Return to “Your story from inside Scientology”