One opened, more to come!
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:44 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Maria Pia Gardini' story
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2002 6:57 pm 

This is an incredible story from a new OT8 and class 9 from Flag which realized what $cn is about.
She is a wonderfull, good hearted, beatufull friend of mine.
I admire her very much and she has guts.
Please go to these links to read what she is doing.
http://www.lermanet.com/misc/MariaPiaGardini1.htm

http://www.lermanet.com/misc/MariaPiaGardini2.htm

http://www.lermanet.com/misc/MariaPiaGardini3.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2002 3:44 pm 

From the first affadavit above, after she has worked her way through countless hours of study and auditing, Maria Pia Gardini writes:

>>23. I went onto OT I. It was bullshit. You walked
>>around by yourself and "spotted" things.

>>24. In the middle of it I went into a coffee shop¡¦I
>>expanded myself on good coffee. After a couple of hours
>>I went back and they asked me if I had any wins. I said, "sure sure," so they sent me to attest
>>to being done.

Does anyone know what the going rate is for this level?

The "spot a person" and "spot an object" drills do not require a lot of work on the part of staff, but they are fabulously expensive.

And when she ends up going to Flag, she goes into an unfurnished room and sleeping on the carpet, and she writes:

>>57. The next day I refused to go to work unless
>>I received a bed . . . .

I tell you, the Church of Scientology proclaims some high objectives, but its conduct convinces many people that it is nothing but a financial machine designed to squeeze money out of unsuspecting victims who are trying to make themselves and their world a better place.

Good story so far. I'm having a difficulty understanding the word "program" in this passage, though:

>>66. I returned to Italy and two months later, my
>>daughter died: November 18, 1990. She was 29 years old and an OT VII.

>>67. A bit before I left, however, I asked the senior C/S,
>>Kathy Webb, to give me a program to audit my daughter because
>>she was OT VII. This was to help her physically.
>>The answer was, with AIDS, she will die. What program
>>do you want? Give her a program to drop the body.
>>Of course, I never did such a process on her. You
>>don't go to a sick person and say, "I give you a program
>>to drop your body."

What does that mean, "I give you a program to drop your body"?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2002 6:43 pm 

Well I guess if you are a scientologist, you can, like Hubbard, drop your body and travel in the galaxy doing research or come back in a different body.....reincarnation. In plain English it means to die.
The "end cycle" is (according to testimony in the transcripts) a term used in a scientology program to help people die.

A Swedish (?) friend of MariA P. posted here before Maria went to the LMT. I think a few of us, myself inckluded told her to contact the LMT.

Something the LMT or Lerma won't tell you.....Maria was thinking about settling with the COS for $250,000.
Stacy told her not to settle....that Minton had paid an Italian lawyer practicing in Franch a $250,000 retainer and he could help Maria get her money back. Maria and the "lawyer" met at the showing of THE PROFIT in Leipzig.....

The "lawyer" said he couldn't help her.....Maria lost out on the settlement because of the "adivce" the LMT gave her. Minton called several people saying Maria was trying to blackmail him. Maria later tried to commit suicide.

David Shroeder, if you are a friend of Maria's, surely you know this.....

Tigger

"If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pangs of starvation, you are ahead of 500 million people in the world."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2002 9:21 pm 

She wanted a program (a serie of steps to do), to help her daughter so she didn`t die.
But her daughter had AIDS so the only program they had to offer was one on how to die.
It probably didn`t mean that one should do something active to end her life, but some steps to prepare for the reincarnation and ending of present life.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 4:18 am 

Tigger and Haarek, thank you. That phrase "I give you a program to drop your body" still seems odd to me, but maybe it's thinking in Italian being translated into English.

In the second affadavit, Ms Gardini describes how she was pressured after the death of her daughter and mother to give more money to the CoS.

>>Finally, one of them took me into a side room and told
me if I just gave them a check to prove to the Captain of
>>Flag that I was a good scientologist they would leave. They
>>repeatedly told me I should be a good scientologist
>>and give them the money

They get thirty thousand from her, and then fifty thousand, and a hundred thousand, and three hundred thousand after that. This goes on until they have taken a million dollars from her, promising to use the money to translate the materials into Italian so that Italy can become a free and clear nation.

All of which is troubling, to say the least.

Does anyone know whether or not Ms Gardini is currently involved in litigation with the CoS? I suspect she would have a strong case because of the escalating pattern of her so-called donations -- a judge or jury should be able to see that a woman whose mother and daughter have just died would be highly vulnerable to manipulation and deception.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 6:38 am 

Hi Blarney,

The LMT was supposed to help Maria with litagation against the church, but Minton's Italian lawyer in France said he couldn't help her. From what I understand she is virtually destitute.

There was a mention of her as a possible potential witness in the Lisa Civil Case during the current hearing in Florida about the COS trying (with Minton and Brooks) to disqualify or disbar Ken Dandar and kill the Lisa Civil Case.

From Dandar Volume 3, June 4, 2002

THE COURT: And when this was filed, out of
19 curiosity, I had severed the counterclaim so I'm
20 assuming this witness list dealt with the wrongful
21 death?

22 THE WITNESS: Yes.

23 THE COURT: Okay.

24 MR. WEINBERG: When you say this witness list,
25 you are talking about 150, the April of 2002 --

1 THE COURT: Right, 150.

2 BY MR. WEINBERG:
3 Q If you go to April of 2002, go to witness number
4 10, that is Peter Alexander. He's on the board of directors
5 of the LMT, right?

6 A He was until he was asked to leave.

7 Q Right. But --

8 A Yes.

9 Q Oh -- but he was on the board of directors and he
10 was the producer of The Profit, as well, correct?

11 A Yes.

12 Q And then Number 27, David Cecere, you have listed
13 as a witness this April?

14 A Yes, sir.

15 Q He was affiliated with the LMT. Right?

16 A He was fired by the LMT. Yes.

17 Q He was actually an employee. Correct?

18 A Yes.

19 Q And then on Number 45, Maria Pia Gardini, she was
20 affiliated with the LMT, wasn't she?

21 A I don't think so.

22 Q Well, what is she on there for, by the way?

23 A She is a former --

24 THE COURT: You know what, in a way -- well, I
25 guess we can do this. This is a little free
1 discovery here. We might as well.

2 MR. WEINBERG: I only have a few, I mean --

3 THE COURT: Yes, I don't know who she is,
4 either.

5 A She's an Italian physician who is a former
6 Scientologist, former staff member at Flag, who has personal
7 knowledge of isolation watches taking place only at the
8 Hacienda, the staffing berthing, in a particular room which
9 is a small room with bars on the windows so no one can
10 leave, and cockroach-infested Hacienda where the staff is
11 berthed. That is why she's on the list.

12 BY MR. WEINBERG:
13 Q Okay, Number 69, Frank Oliver, you say "Former
14 Scientologist." He was affiliated with the LMT. Correct?

15 A You know, I can't say yes or no to that. If it is
16 on the LMT paper, though, I'll go with that. But I don't --
17 I don't --

18 Q Did you ever meet Frank Oliver over at the LMT?

19 A Sure, I did. He picketed. I met him in the
20 offices over there when I dropped in. But he's from Miami,
21 so I can't say what he has to do with the LMT.

22 Q And then '97, you have Teresa Summers again. And
23 at this time, certainly she had been an employee of the LMT,
24 correct?

25 A Yes, but she quit. So she's a disaffected -- if
1 that is the word to use -- LMT member. Former LMT member.

2 Q Then 103, you have Marjorie Wakefield still on
3 there. And she was part of the LMT. Right?

4 A If you say -- I mean, if the document says she
5 was, then, fine, I have no personal recollection.

6 Q Okay.

7 THE COURT: So you listed 109 witnesses, and
8 you have got, golly, "All witnesses identified in
9 depositions, interrogatories, all witnesses on
10 defendant's witness list," then you have 10 experts
11 and one, two, three, four, five, six main defendants
12 associated with LMT.
13 You said you didn't know about Maria Pia
14 Gardini -- sorry, ma'am. I'm sure I said that
15 wrong.

16 THE WITNESS: I think you did that right,
17 Judge.

18 THE COURT: Did I? Okay. And you aren't
19 positive about Marjorie Wakefield?

20 THE WITNESS: Well, only as -- I am positive if
21 I can either play her video deposition or --

22 THE COURT: No, no, you are not positive if she
23 is connected with LMT?

24 THE WITNESS: That is correct.

25 THE COURT: Okay.

1 THE WITNESS: I mean, the paperwork by LMT will
2 disclose the names of those people.

3 THE COURT: Right. Is it true -- I don't know
4 myself, is this Maria Pia part of LMT? I never
5 heard of her until this very moment.

6 MR. WEINBERG: Well, I'm under the impression
7 that her way was paid by the LMT to bring her from
8 Italy here for purposes of the case.

9 THE COURT: Is she on this list you have here,
10 this all-inclusive list?

11 THE WITNESS: She's on my list.

12 THE COURT: Number 81? No, she's not.

13 MR. WEINBERG: No, she's not 81.

14 THE COURT: How about this other lady?

15 MR. WEINBERG: Marjorie Wakefield, that is what
16 I'm about to hand up.

17 THE COURT: Is she on this, Number 81?

18 MR. WEINBERG: Yes, right here, on the advisory
19 committee.

20 THE COURT: On the advisory committee? Okay.

21 THE WITNESS: Maria Pia Gardini was never
22 brought here for this case, although I did have the
23 opportunity to meet her, but not for this case.

24 THE COURT: Okay. Well, I'm not sure if it
25 matters so much if Ms. Pia Gardini is or isn't, but
1 at least she's not on 81 as a member of the board or
2 advisory committee member.

3 BY MR. WEINBERG:
4 Q By the way, on that April of 2002 list, that is
5 when you first identified Bill Franks as your Scientology
6 expert, correct, April 17, 2002?

7 A That is correct.

"If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pangs of starvation, you are ahead of 500 million people in the world."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 2:44 pm 

That makes more sense, now. As a physician, she would have very useful commentary on the "isolation watch" or introspection rundown, and I'm beginning to see why it was so important for the CoS to try to silence this witness -- particularly if she had eyewitness information about the conditions at the Hacienda:

>>5 She's an Italian physician who is a former
>>6 Scientologist, former staff member at Flag, who has personal
>>7 knowledge of isolation watches taking place only at the
>>8 Hacienda, the staffing berthing, in a particular room which
>>9 is a small room with bars on the windows so no one can
>>10 leave, and cockroach-infested Hacienda where the staff is
>>11 berthed. That is why she's on the list

This thread starts off with a comment by Mr Schroeder that "She is a wonderful, good hearted, beautiful friend of mine. I admire her very much and she has guts." This makes me think that she has tremendous potential and will rise above the larceny perpetrated on her, although I would feel much better if she could recoup some of what was stolen from her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 5:28 pm 

Tigger,

Thanks for keeping us up with whatever you can re the transcripts. When I read Robert Vaughn's testimony the other day I was impressed by his lucidity and his seeming fearlessness against the CoS lawyers. That transcript has got to be a classic. I loved the way he refused to be intimidated, how he didn't stammer, have to think twice before he answered, and so on. But hell, I could be wrong because I don't know this history. I only have so much time to do the research and even then I "wasn't there." (Thankfully!)

Have you read the conspiracy theory about him on ARS? I just saw it today and it Boggles, it seems like a diversionary tactic, but I am not au fait with SO much of this, so don't want to muddy the waters with any kneejerk reactions (which I'm unfortunately quite capable of as you must have seen over the months!).

So thank you for posting what you do, and my hope is that Judge Shaeffer will remain as brilliant and as "hard-nosed" - to both sides - as she has so far.

The way she's handling this case gives me hope for the American justice system. She is continuously impressive and is capable of bringing to the trial a sense of her own humanity, a sense of humor, never letting go of the job at hand.

Wish she had more factual information re people like Maria Pia Gardini, and as Blarney said, she would, given her profession, be capable of describing how Lisa McPherson's last days would have affected her physically.

Given I don't know that much, would you agree to that?

I hope you don't take my reluctance to post about this trial as an indication of disinterest. It's not. It is a fear of making a fool of myself for lack of knowledge.

Best to you Tigger,
BG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 11:13 pm 

For the record, Bob Minton's basic intention, which should count for something, was to help Maria. He hoped the $250,000 CoS was offering Maria would look like pittance before it was all over. Unfortunately, that was not the case. Maria has had a series of very, very heavy losses, the potential settlement with CoS only being one of them, which surely contributed to any purported suicide attempt. But blaming Bob for her attempted suicide doesn't hold water, and is grossly unfair.

Maria would make an excellent witness, although her English is a bit difficult to understand at times. But her warmth, knowledge and experience comes through in conversation, so I can only imagine how she'd be on the stand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 12:18 am 

For the record: I never said the bad behavior of Bob Minton caused Maria's attempted suicide. I was reporting the facts as I knew them.

Re: Numberous and long remote viewing posts on a.r.s.: IMO,they are just a smoke screen......similar to the psych posts......to take the focus off of the transcripts which show many aspects of the COS tech and underhanded, unethical, dishonest AND criminal behavior.

LOL Moxon even admitted non-scientologists are called "wogs".
It is quite revealing and amusing to see how often and quickly the COS lawyers jump up to object when something about the COS is mentioned and when the Judge puts them in their place.

Peter Alexander told how public scientologists are kept ignorant about many aspects of the COS' true nature. This hearing is providing a public record and an education for judges, lawyers and courts which should serve the legal system well and prevent the COS from pulling the wool over many eyes.

I have not arrived at the RVY transcripts......I have company and a limited amount of time right now.....
but I imagine they are a "classic" and continue to show up the COs lawyers for what they are.

I honestly do not understand why so many people ignore what is currently going on with the COS. Whatever your opinion of Bob Minton and Stacy Brookis, the transcripts provide much to discuss about the COS and its abuse of the American Judicial System, its members and critics.

Tigger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 4:08 am 

It is true that the testimony in this hearing is offering a unique opportunity for judges and the public at large to take a look at the "inside workings" of CoS. I don't know if Bill Franks testimony is available yet, but parts of it are a true "classic".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 9:15 pm 

Maria Pia
Thank you dear David.
I feel Tigger is a Scientolier!

1. never thought to settle with COS for less of 1.000.000 dollars.
COS never tried to offer me any money to settle!!

2. as you can see my attorney is italian.
Nobody ever asked Jean Michel Pesenti to help me he’s acting in France only.

3. See Bob Minton affidavit , I NEVER-EVER tried to blackmail him or commit suicide.
Since out of COS , life is precious for me.

AFFIDAVIT OF ROBERT S. MINTON
Before me the undersigned authority, appeared Robert S. Minton, who , after being duly sworn by me , deposes and says:

I am over 18 years of age and currently reside in United States of America, State of New Hampshire, Country of Rockingham, at 137 Freemont Road , Sandow, New Hampshire 03873.
This declaration is of my own personal knowledge and if called upon to testify to the facts herein I could and would be competently able to testify thereto.

1. On or about February 20 th , 2002, persons I believe to be associated with the Scientology organization stated in an internet posting ( attached hereto as Exhibit A) that I claimed that Maria Pia Gardini of Grosseto, Italy had tried to blackmail me.
2. I have never made any such claim about Maria Pia Gardini, and furthermore, Maria Pia Gardini has never tried to blackmail me or anyone associated with me.
3. I believe Maria Pia Gardini to be a person of the highest integrity who has been victimized over and over by the Scientology organization both financially and psychologically.
4. Attempts by the Scientology organization to harass Maria Pia Gardini intensified after she came to the United States in January 2001 and started to publicly expose what Scientology had done to her and her family.
5. After Maria Pia Gardini return from the United States to Italy, she was sought after by the Italian media as a result of her public statements in the United States that were critical of Scientology.
6. Maria Pia Gardini did a number of media exposes of Scientology upon her return to Italy and since that time I am aware that Scientology has done all that it can do to try to discredit Mrs. Gardini.
7. These statements in Exhibit A made by person I believe to be associated with the Scientology organization are further attempts by Scientology to harass and intimidate Mrs. Gardini and to diminish her credibility as a source of valid criticism of the abusive and deceptive practices of the Scientology organization.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 10:46 pm 

6. Maria Pia Gardini did a number of media exposes of Scientology upon her return to Italy and since that time I am aware that Scientology has done all that it can do to try to discredit Mrs. Gardini.
7. These statements in Exhibit A made by person I believe to be associated with the Scientology organization are further attempts by Scientology to harass and intimidate Mrs. Gardini and to diminish her credibility as a source of valid criticism of the abusive and deceptive practices of the Scientology organization.

I declare under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States of America that the foregoing is true and correct to the best of my knowledge. Executed this 25 th of February, at Sandown, New Hampshire, United States of America.

Soon i will post the image of the original document.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 3:34 am 

Maria Pia,
Never stops does it.
The thing I find so amazing is the lengths that these people will go to. When people fight physically at least you know who you are dealing with and what. Of all the horrible things in the world, mental deception and twisted truths have got to be the lowest acts ever conceived by "man". Most of us ride the wave of seeing others as being honourable and attempting to do the right thing. It appears to be a skill learnt the hard way. Who in their right mind would want to learn how to manipulate and trick others. Quite a skill I must say. The intention behind it is mind blowing. To always be on the lookout for adversity, trickery and destruction is like having glue stuck to you that you can't remove. How on earth did things get this way. The lesson of opposites I suppose. Brilliant when you look it that way. From the lowest of the low comes the top of the top. Maria, I would not wish for what you have been through, yet I know you must be a great soul to have been able to endure so much. Something good will come from it. Brave that you are and courage that you have still doesn't dissipate the anguish placed upon you. Please know that your kindness prevails you, your integrity is felt and your wisdom is beyond those who are mere pawns. You have found a close and wondereous friend who supports you 100%(Bob) and that is a gift beyond measure. In amongst all your experiences you have had, you alone have riches beyond measure. Their appearance and brillance may be invisible to most, but I sense you know what I mean. Uncut diamonds are so much more precious, because you alone know the depth within whilst others need evidence of their brillance.
My very best wishes and ever lasting love.
Jas

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 8:51 am 

This is the text of another document

Grosseto, li 28/02/02

Spett.le
Sig. Presidente di
Chiesa di Scientology Italia
Via Cadorna 61
20090 Vimodrone Milano

Scrivo in nome e per conto della sig.ra Maria Pia Gardini.
Viene diffusa attraverso la rete di internet una e-mail della Truth Dissem. Div. Nella quale si è affermato e si ipotizzano , a fini manifestatamene diffamatori, comportamenti illeciti e/o “anomali” della mia assistita.
Inn particolare sono false le affermazioni che la sig.ra Gardini abbia tentato i suicidio, abbia cercato di ricattare Bob Minton, abbia ricevuto e rifiutato l’ offerta di US dollari 250.000 da Scientology per chiudere il rapporto fra le parti, sia fallita.
La sig.ra Gardini presenterà le necessarie denunce per le ipotesi di reato riscontrabili nella detta lettera.
Le attività delegittimanti e diffamatorie svolte contro la mia assistita a causa delle sue dichiarazioni relative alla sua passata affiliazione a Scientology altro non fanno che spingere la sig.ra Gardini a moltiplicare la sua opera di divulgazione, tramite ogni mezzo di divulgazione.

Distinti saluti

Avv.AlessandroPianigiani