Question for U. R. Free re: Stacy Moxon tragedy

Share your personal experiences with others. We're not here to judge or criticise, but to share and support.

Moderator: Dorothy

chuckbeatty

Question for U. R. Free re: Stacy Moxon tragedy

Post by chuckbeatty » Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:31 pm

Dear U. R. Free,

Did you get the story behind the scenes or
hear rumors on Stacy's death?

Thanks.
Chuck Beatty 412-260-1170
Pittsburgh, USA,
"Our bombastic lapidary style is good only for inflating dwarfs." Jean-Jacques Rousseau (from "Emile, or On Education")

unleashed

Post by unleashed » Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:26 am

Unfortunately, I did not. I heard about it after I left and never got any inside story about it. I have my own thoughts and suspicions, however, don't have the facts. One thing I know--very unqualified staff were allowed to work on the most technical estates posts, with the mindset of "read it, drill it, do it" type learning, such as, hooking up high voltage electrical equipment on a Saturday all-hands estates project. The whole Int base worked on Saturday all-hands doing "renos"--and this included electrical work. Anyone on the electrical teams could have been ordered to go in and do the type of work that led to Stacy's death. The Int Execs' goals were for the Int base to be "completely self-sufficient" and not reliant on local (Hemet) vendors including public utilities, that's why they set up generators etc. so the base would never be out of power in the case of a bad storm or electrical shortage. All Int base electrical wires were put underground on an all-hands basis but run by the electrical team of Estates Gold. The electrical team was made up of all kinds of Int staff that had been busted from higher posts, who had to get hatted in electrical tech.
I can tell you that any explanation given with details about Stacy's death is a shore story created by Int Execs and probably delivered by Ken Hoden when he was the Port Captain Gold.

magoo1

Post by magoo1 » Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:33 am

Last we heard Ken is on the RPF, now here at the Complex. Do you have any more current info than that?

Glad you're here....:)

Tory/Magoo~~
[color=#0000FF][b]Tory/Magoo~Dancing in the Moonlight~
In for 30+/Escaped out in 2000
Declared SP (SP 6^with Cumulative Cluster)
Free at LAST! Leap and the Net will appear! Make the Leap :)

Burbank, CA
http//www.youtube.com/ToryMagoo44
(818) 588-3044[/b][/color]

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:58 pm

Has anyone ever reported this type of situation to OSHA which is a government run agency that monitors safety in the workplace. Also how can this type of work be done without getting permits from the city or county. This seems to all be illegal. Where I live, you cannot even legally fix electrical, plumbing etc without getting a permit from the village. These are the types of situation that should be addressed and probably brought to the courts. Were they at all discussed during the investigation of Stacy Moxon's tragic death. Come folks - there has to be some way to get the District Attorney to look at this. My blood is now boiling over and my heart is aching. This organization doesn't care about what they do or how they get it done - they seem to be able to convince the Sea Org member that they can do whatever they set their mind to. By the way who trains them to get "HATTED" in the art of electrical installation???? and what books do they read to learn about this type of work ????

The following was stated by urfree:
"One thing I know--very unqualified staff were allowed to work on the most technical estates posts, with the mindset of "read it, drill it, do it" type learning, such as, hooking up high voltage electrical equipment on a Saturday all-hands estates project. The whole Int base worked on Saturday all-hands doing "renos"--and this included electrical work"

I think that this should be reported to OSHA.

CAN YOU NICE PEOPLE DO THIS ????

Moonbeam

Knowledge

Re: Question for U. R. Free re: Stacy Moxon tragedy

Post by Knowledge » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:34 pm

Stacy Moxon

Stacy Grove Moxon Meyer

Stacy Meyer

Findagrave memorial at www.findagrave.com

Text of memorial:

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cg ... d=98559237
Birth: Dec. 4, 1979
District of Columbia
District Of Columbia, USA
Death: Jun. 25, 2000
Hemet
Riverside County
California, USA

Stacy Grove Meyer worked as a grounds maintenance manager at Golden Era Productions, the film studio located at the Scientology international headquarters known as Gold Base located in Hemet, Riverside County, California. She had been employed there for two years prior to her death.

According to the Riverside County Sheriff's department, she died after being electrocuted in a transformer vault at Golden Era Productions. Police investigators later determined the electrocution death was an accident.

She was survived by both parents, her father Kendrick Moxon and her mother Carla Smith Moxon, along with her husband Derek Meyer, and her brother Brian Moxon (and his wife Eva Moxon).

Per death certificate, Funeral Director was listed as Weaver Mortuary-Beaumont. She was cremated and her ashes were disposed of at sea off the coast of Orange County, California, on June 28, 2000.

Sources:

Arballo, Jose Jr. "Myer death accidental - Riverside County sheriff's officials say the Scientology worker slipped and hit an electrical wire." The Riverside Press-Enterprise. July 7, 2000.

Coroner's Log. Coroner's File Number: 2000-3477. Riverside County Sherriff's Department. June 26, 2000. Riverside County, California. Reporting Officer: Senior Deputy Robert Moquin.

Death Certificate. "Stacy Grove Meyer". State of California. Certification of Vital Record. County of Riverside. Riverside, California. Date of birth: 12/04/1979. Date of death: 06/25/2000. Local registration number: 3 2080 33005586. State registrar number: 33195399. Date death certificate issued: July 20, 2000.

Final Diagnoses: I. Electrocution (anamnestic). Female UOO-23. File Number 2000-3477. Manuel R Montez, MD, Forensic Pathologist. June 27, 2000.

Marriott, Karin (June 28, 2000). "Scientologist accident victim is identified: The 20-year-old Hemet woman died after she fell in a transformer vault". The Press-Enterprise. (The Press-Enterprise Co).

Marriott, Karin (August 3, 2000). "Scientology film unit fined by state". The Press-Enterprise. (The Press Enterprise Co): p. HN01.

Saskal, Rich (June 27, 2000). "Woman's death probed by state". The Press-Enterprise. (The Press-Enterprise Co).

Vitucci, Claire (June 26, 2000). "Scientologist electrocuted: A Church of Scientology member was electrocuted in a bizarre accident Sunday morning in an underground vault at the church's film studio north of San Jacinto, authorities said". The Press-Enterprise. (The Press-Enterprise Co).

Burial:
Cremated, Ashes scattered at sea.
Specifically: Ashes scattered at sea off the coast of Orange County, California.
You can leave flowers at
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cg ... d=98559237

Return to “Your story from inside Scientology”