Buffalo org

Ladybird

Post by Ladybird » Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:59 am

The M-1 course is the Method One co-audit course, and is located on the grade chart before the Student Hat on the training side of the "bridge" (the left side of that big huge map to OT).

It is a course that must be done with a twin, as you cannot attest to completion without taking your twin to a complete product. That is why it is called a "co-audit". One could pay professional rates to recieve M-1 from an auditor, but I don't know anyone who did.

I quote from the tech (red) dictionary:

"WORDCLEARING METHOD ONE
1. by meter in session. A full assessment of many, many subjects is done. The auditor then takes each reading subject and clears the chain back to earlier words and or words in earlier subjects until he gets an F/N.) HCOB 24 Jun 71) 2. assess, take the reading items from the best read on down with Earlier Similar pull each one to F/N. Get each word you find to F/N. There can be many F/Ns per subject. End off with a win on the subject. (HCOB 30 Jun 71RB II) 3. the action taken to clean up all misundersoods in every subject one has studied. It is done by a word clearing auditor. The result of a properly done Method One word clearing is the recovery of one's education. (Aud 87 ASHO) Abbr. M1."

There are Word Clearing Methods 1 through 9. Then there are Word clearing Correction lists. There are also Word clearer courses. The grand daddy of all word clearing is the "Key to Life" course, where you pay alot of money to to M1 through M9, plus clay demo every definition of every word in a junior high level grammar book. The books for that course alone cost $5oo.00, I think the course is around 10 thousand dollars. You are advised that the "Key to Life" takes 6 monhs part time, 2 months full time. (Full time is 9 to 6 Monday through Friday).

If this is too much information, just ask me. I can tell you more :!:

Ladybird

Tigger

Post by Tigger » Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:31 am

Barbara wrote:

"I am Barbara and I use to go to the Buffalo org till ASHO deadfiled me.

I knew Ellie Perkins as she was my first auditor. Jeremy was my twin on the M1 course.

I live south of the city and I am now in the freezone.

I like to find someone that I can meet to talk to.

Barbara C"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Barbara,

Welcome to OCMB. Gee you knew Jeremy and his mother. That was certainly a tragedy.

Re: Finding someone to meet to talk to.

Do you mean a freezoner and/or someone in Buffalo?

basic2basic is a Freezoner. Ball of Fluff is a scientologist but a critic of the "church".

Search for their names....then click on their names which will take you to their profiles, which will include a way to post a private message to them. Basic's also has an email address.

They don't live in Buffalo, but they might know a freezoner who does.

Best,

Tigger

programmer_guy

Post by programmer_guy » Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:15 am

Ladybird,

Thanks. I never knew that M1 was also a co-audit. I paid for mine as a part of "Super Literate". I never did it as a co-audit.

T'Kheinsa

Post by T'Kheinsa » Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:54 am

yes the co-audit course.

I never finished it and he went on with someone else later after I was deafiled.

He showed no signs of mental illness at the time. He was though a bit behind for he lived with his parents and was older.

Barb

T'Kheinsa

Post by T'Kheinsa » Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:59 am

I have been in the freezone for serveral years and they are my friends.

I am hoping to talk to a local person that is out that I knew in the church.

I once in a while talk to someone in the church. I use to try to get the truth to them but I see how far gone they are.

I was taken in as well but I can say not completly. Yet even then it took me years to not want to go back.

My next step will be truly into the freezone and that will be hard as the church was the true tech and others were squrriels.

Now I find that is not so.

I posted once in a while on ARS as Kheinsa but this is my first time I decided to talk here.

Barb

Ladybird

Post by Ladybird » Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:13 am

Hola Kheinsa. Welcome to the clambake.

PG; there is absolutely nothing wrong with the idea of study tech, ie:learning how to learn, including intensive use of a dictionary or repetititve clay demos of all 23 (or so) definitions of the word "be".

"Number of times over the material equals certainty and results."

OK, that is a cult quote, but it is true in the real world as well.

I just object to scientology claiming LRH discovered or invented it all. Sheesh, why were dictionaries invented if mankind did not have a need for them?

Ladybird

programmer_guy

Post by programmer_guy » Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:12 am

...there is absolutely nothing wrong with the idea of study tech, ..."

I wasn't defending it on this thread. I was just mentioning the stuff about M1 and the co-audit thing.

..."including intensive use of a dictionary or repetititve clay demos of all 23 (or so) definitions of the word 'be'."

Of course, that is overkill. I don't like clay demos and believe that they are a waste of time.

Sure. This is nothing new - nothing "discovered" by Hubbard. Hubbard did not invent drills nor the dictionary.

"Sheesh, why were dictionaries invented if mankind did not have a need for them? "

You are preaching to the choir. The 1st publically/academically accepted dictionary in the U.S. was composed by Noah Webster, published in the 1830s in the U.S. It became a defacto standard dictionary for a long time.

I don't regard the "study tech", in the details and physical manifestations, as being true the way that Hubbard presented it in the "Student Hat". (I even remember one incident when I was interning as sup at ASHO on the SHSBC where it didn't work at all with one student.)

I only agree with some of the general principles of that "study tech".

I study almost every day to keep up with my profession. I don't do clay demos nor use a demo kit. But I do make diagrams, or use diagrams of others, in my work.

programmer_guy

Post by programmer_guy » Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:36 am

An example from The NetBSD Guide, p.13: bold emphasis mine

==== QUOTE ====

When you install an OS for the first time it is seldom a success and NetBSD is no exception. Even if everything goes well, as soon as you start using the system you usually realize that (for example) you could have chosen a better layout for your partitions. It is important not to give up; if you try again you’ll realize that what was difficult to understand the first time gradually becomes clearer by virtue of the accumulated experience and numerous rereads of the INSTALL.* document.

==== END QUOTE ====

Ladybird

Post by Ladybird » Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:27 am

Hi Programmer Guy. I was not trying to "preach" to you, or anyone.

I think there are some things, like study tech, that actually do make some sense. But like everything in scientology, the bits of truth were usually plagiarized and mixed with an unhealthy dose of LRHs fantasy insanity.

Ladybird

programmer_guy

Post by programmer_guy » Sun Sep 04, 2005 7:34 am

Ladybird,

When someone says to you, "you are preaching to the choir", it means that they AGREE with you BIG TIME - this is a slang expression of speech. I'll try to explain. When a Christian pastor is giving a surmon on a topic, people would generally think that the "CHOIR" that sings the hymns behind him already know and understand the "message" and therefore don't really need to hear it again. They understand. In other words, the choir, of dedicated people, certainly don't need the "message" because they already understood it before it was even delivered.

This is a common expression of speech in the western world. Sorry that I wasn't clear. :)

Best regards

programmer_guy

Post by programmer_guy » Sun Sep 04, 2005 7:47 am

And my quote from The NetBSD Guide was in support of what you said about "times over the materials". I was agreeing with you. Your comment on this is very true.

XyberDyne

Happenings at Buffalo Org

Post by XyberDyne » Tue May 30, 2006 12:58 pm

Has anyone heard the happs at the Buffalo Org? They are having a huge open house now, and sea org can be seen in large numbers there right now.

I think the Mall Boutique was closed down, now on to the one at SUNY@Buffalo...

XyberDyne

Post by XyberDyne » Tue May 30, 2006 11:44 pm

Wanabsp wrote:Free at last do you have the names of the two EDs that blew in Buffalo?
One of the ED's was Jeff Carlson. I think the current ED is Tom Barba(His bio can be found in at www.buffaloscientologyinfo.com).

type 4

Post by type 4 » Wed May 31, 2006 7:52 am

I used to know Jeff Carlson and his wife Danielle. I haven't spoken to them in years, and didn't know about the tragedy with Danielle's family. I hope they are doing okay and I send my condolences.

T'Kheinsa

Post by T'Kheinsa » Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:03 am

Type 4 then do I know you?

I was in the Buffalo org for the longest time.

I did not know they were gone as I do not go there any more.

Ellie was my first auditor and did not deserve this.

I just realized why these things happen as I find it in me. We do not want to see what is so we fool ourselves very much.

Time to take responsibility for what really is.

Barb

Return to “New York”