New York org

wanabsp

Post by wanabsp » Fri Dec 17, 2004 7:14 pm

Oh I agree Free at Last. I have just viewed it from a different angle, I was a staff member at an Org. and saw the milking first hand. With the high pressure Reg'ing of all public many milked dry or just so fed up they left. Orgs. did what ever it took to bring in income, and I saw it bordering on the unethicial. Buffalo as I have read had very few coming in in the first place. I wounder why they put all that money into that Org?

free_for_real

Post by free_for_real » Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:59 am

WanaBsp, the reason they have to put all the money into the org is because (as you probably know) they get orders from uplines to get something done and they have to do it or suffer the wrath of David Miscavige.

Most of the orgs were pretty run down, shabby places and they are all being forced to get new, better quarters.

So here you are the org executives, you haven't made enough money in months and months and now you are supposed to get new quarters or be screamed at by management 10 times a day (no exaggeration).

So they reg the public real hard for the money and there you have it. In the mean time, the already dwindling stats have gone down even more because everyone is working on the new building instead of their posts.

Then the org doesn't expand and all the execs get put in lower conditions.

I've seen this cycle over and over again.

Management orders you to do something.

You have to do it with the people you have so their posts are mot being done.

Stats go even further down.

Staff gets in trouble by management.

It's one of those "you can't win" situations.

Mind you, the staff are usually not being paid or fed or housed during all this also.

wanabsp

Post by wanabsp » Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:09 pm

Oh believe me I know FH was at my Org. I was an Exec. and he was, shall I say not very ARC with people. The stats at the Org. I was at stunk and they thought a new building would make them come well they did not. Scn. has to make a new game plan because this one is not working. The rats will go down with the ship.

free_for_real

Post by free_for_real » Fri Feb 04, 2005 5:24 pm

With all the latest negative press in Buffalo, I was wondering if any locals there had any information about how the orgs are actually doing now.

Anybody want to check it out and report back?

don_carlo

Post by don_carlo » Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:41 pm

New York State Corporate-search records show no Church of Scientology of Buffalo, as of Feb 3, 2005.

New York State has listed other Scientology Churches, and Narconon groups. Why not this one?

tanya_durni

Post by tanya_durni » Sun Feb 06, 2005 4:55 pm

Possibly because the new building isn't owned by Church of Scientology Buffalo see new building deed at http://www.buffaloscientologyinfo.com/newbuilding.html

The old building was. See petition at old building at http://www.buffaloscientologyinfo.com/oldbuilding.html

free_for_real

Post by free_for_real » Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:38 pm

Tanya, so the religious trust owns the building now even though one of the local members paid for most of it.

Can you elaborate as to why you think this is so?

tanya_durni

Post by tanya_durni » Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:01 pm

Didn't CofS members pay for all of the buildings owned by one of the most litigious and deceptive organizations available today?

Why CofS has changed the ownership name from Church of Scientology Buffalo to Church of Scientology Religious Trust? Not sure of the reasoning there. More centralized control, maybe?

Notice there was a mortgage on the old building that needed to be paid off. I don't think 300,000 was enough to eliminate that debt. 740,000 was though.

don_carlo

Post by don_carlo » Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:18 pm

The Buffalo deed lists

Main-Virginia Associates
Church of Scientology Religious Trust

Neither are on the New York State Corporation records. I even looked up "Viginia Associates" with no results.

Church of Scientology Religious Trust is not in the California, Florida, or Delaware database, the usual places for registering the controlling CoS organizations.

So this org's ownership is something of a mystery. If it goes bankrupt, perhaps we'll find out the real story.

no_8c_now

Post by no_8c_now » Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:47 pm

CSRT - Isn't that the same one that collects the money for the SP building?

Hmmm, I thought it was set up for this one thing in particular, if not then they could and likely are funding a whole slew of things with the donations coerced under the guise of for the SP building.

free_for_real

Post by free_for_real » Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:39 pm

No 8C Now, well that would sure make a lot of sense.

The money has to be coming from somewhere and it must have been the SP building.

Because the orgs and missions aren't even bringing in enough money to support themselves, let alone send any money uplines.

don_carlo

Post by don_carlo » Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:38 am

The Slatkin fraud $$$ was funneled through CSRT into CoS; The Super Power Bldg funding also went into CSRT, according to Slatkinfraud.com.

On Dec. 14, 1981,many changes were made, including QUOTE:
Setting up the "Church of Scientology Religious Trust" ("CSRT") as a tax exempt, charitable religious trust, under Internal Revenue Code 501(c)(3). This new trust would accept monies from other scientology churches and hold them.END QUOTE from entheta./net

Elsewhere, QUOTE:
Eventually, a new
Trust was set up called the "Church of Scientology Religious Trust"
(CSRT) which became the repository of funds sent in by the orgs. The
orgs pay weekly to CSRT and CSRT in turn funds CSI (i.e. Church
management). CSRT was set up as a non-profit religious trust in about
December of 1981. The big push soon came down through the
International Finance Network for the orgs to send funds.
END QUOTE from
www.wwwaif.net

don_carlo

Post by don_carlo » Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:27 am

CSRT is in the IRS search for charities at http://apps.irs.gov/app/pub78. A search for "Scientology" revealed it in the city of LA, plus 19 various other entities.

CSRT is listed as a California Charitable Trust, but is not registered as a corporation in California or any other state. On the other hand, other high-level CoS entities like Religious Technology Center are active corporations in California.

no_8c_now

Post by no_8c_now » Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:14 am

Thanks for the info DC. How convenient of them to set this up and be able to comingle donations for whatever suits their needs. How many SP donors would have coughed up the $$ knowing it goes to fund whatever is the cause of the day, settle suits and who knows what else.

free_for_real

Post by free_for_real » Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:17 pm

No 8C now, I doubt that any of the super power building donors would have donated the money if they new what it was going to be used for.

Is that even legal?

Can a charity collect donations from one thing and then use them for something else?

Isn't that defrauding the public?

Oh no, a whole new thing to investigate about scientology.

The list is getting so long.

Study tech being sold to public schools not being told they are related to a religion.

Narconon being sold as a scientific process when it is actually a "religious" process as well.

The RPF (rehabilitation project force or scientology's prison system) not have adequate housing, food and health facilities.

Church members lying to get funds from members families for their services.

Now this....

and this isn't even all of them.

So how many state and federal agencies are investigating all these things now.

Return to “New York”