Albany/Capital Region

Xenugget

Albany/Capital Region

Post by Xenugget » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:13 pm

I currently have a summer job at my local Wal-Mart, in Troy, NY, which is about ten minutes away from Albany. There are often church groups that run fundraising tables near the entrance of the store, usually selling baked goods. Last week, as I was returning from my lunch break, I noticed a table offering personality tests, and displaying dianetics books. I've been lurking around here for a few months, and I've been checking out www.xenutv.com, so I knew about the organization. I couldn't stop to talk to them, since my break was over, and they had left by the time my shift had ended. I was wondering if some of you with more experience in dealing with scientologists had some tips on how to engage them without the conversation deteriorationg into a heated argument.

no_8c_now

Post by no_8c_now » Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:12 am

Mark Bunker posted something on what he did when he ran into some "stress testers" at a Wal-Mart. You might do a search on this.

One thing is that Wal-Mart might be letting them do this as they say they are a "non-profit" and hs nothing to do with religion. Well if they got an e-meter there have them read the bottom plate where it says it is a religious artifact to the store manager and have them expalin what that's all about. Wal-Mart won't let religious cults spread the word on their turf.

Return to “New York”