Nov 2010: Buffalo org can't pay its postal service bills

Sponge

Nov 2010: Buffalo org can't pay its postal service bills

Post by Sponge » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:38 pm

From WWP:
SOJOA , posting on WWP, wrote:The same person who was very helpful with the Batavia school propaganda stuff, just found this too.

" I live in Allentown very close to the Scientologists "church" and have been harrassed by the Scientologists repeatedly. Lately, they have been leaving packets of information, DVDs, etc inside my mailbox and the mailboxes of my neighbors. You would not believe the information they put in these packets. Its disgusting and totally aimed at people who are uneducated, desperate and looking for something to cling to.
> This is a FEDERAL OFFENSE to leave unsolicited, non-postmarked items in a persons mailbox. I have tried to contact them directly to tell them to stop, but the receptionist just leaves me on hold for 15-20 minutes until I have to hang up.
> Today actually, I contacted the US Post Office at the Niagara Square office, which services their zip code. I met with their office manager, Marlene, who told me that the Church of Scientology stopped paying their postal service bills months ago, are thousands of dollars behind in payments, have been cut off from doing business with the postal service, and have now resorted to illegally leaving stuff in people's mailboxes. She said they are trying to build a case against them and took all of the items as evidence. I urge anyone out there who has received non-postmarked items in their mailbox from the Church of Scientology to please report it to the Niagara Square US Post Office at 856-4601"

Looks like Buffalo Org is having major major issues if they cant even use the mail system.
ref: http://forums.whyweprotest.net/291-scie ... ills-73718

OTBT

Re: Nov 2010: Buffalo org can't pay its postal service bills

Post by OTBT » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:39 pm

Not a single scilon manning the stress test booth at the mall. The lady in the photo is NOT a scilon.

Photo taken 17 July, 2010. No idea what mall this is, but location is somewhere in or near Buffalo NY, according to the Picasa web site.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/view?q=s ... 6330802930

Sponge

Re: Nov 2010: Buffalo org can't pay its postal service bills

Post by Sponge » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:07 am

According to this report, it seems the predatory scientologists have now abandoned the Walden Galleria Mall altogether...

Scientology gets the boot from Buffalo Mall
Dan Courtney, Rochester Atheism Examiner. November 29, 2011
http://www.examiner.com/atheism-in-roch ... ffalo-mall
[...]

With so much bad press, including a 2008 Gallup poll showing that Scientology is the most disliked religion in the country (replacing Atheists at the bottom), it isn’t too surprising that the name Scientology was not used when a kiosk was rented at the Walden Galleria Mall to sell Dianetics, and ultimately to help recruit new members.

But my sources tell me that there was trouble with the kiosk from the start. One Scientologist staffing the kiosk was known to become irate and threaten shoppers at the mall. In 2010 the kiosk was temporarily closed down, allegedly because of nonpayment of rent. And just recently, after what we were told were a number of incidents, the Scientologists seem to be gone from the mall permanently. The Walden Galleria Mall has not responded to a request for comment. Over at the Eastern Hills Mall, the Scientologists have been known to set up shop for the holiday shopping season, however their presence there this season has not been confirmed.

Retreating under pressure isn’t anything new for the Buffalo area Scientologists. In 2005 they opened up a bookstore on the University of Buffalo campus in Amherst. The following year, after complaints that the store was being used for recruitment, including accusations of harassment of an 11 year old and a 13 year old visiting the campus during the summer, the store was quietly removed.

Despite shrinking numbers, “raw meat”, as new recruits are called, will be required to maintain a viable Scientology community in Buffalo. So expect to see a Dianetics booth pop up somewhere in the area in the near future.

[...full article in link...]

Return to “New York”