Portland mission under fire

akdennis

Portland mission under fire

Post by akdennis » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:42 pm

Here's an article about a recent event in Portland in which the Scientology Mission surreptitiously set itself up in a 'house' in a SE Portland neighborhood. Now claims of possible tax code and planning code violations are flying, and as an added bonus, possible violation of a Deed of Trust used to procure the loan by which the residence was purchased. Good investigative journalism (the authors obviously know their way around the county courthouse).

http://www.portlandmercury.com/portland/Content oid=701344&category=22101

akdennis

Post by akdennis » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:49 am

Update on the link I posted regarding scientology mission purchase of house in SE Portland. Try this link if other doesn't work:

http://www.portlandmercury.com/portland ... gory=22101

NattyP

Post by NattyP » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:12 pm

Thanks for this akdennis.

If $cientology is so great and helpful and wonderful, why not tell the truth FROM THE BEGINING about what the house was for?

This reporter did the legwork and research! Good on "The Portland Mercury"!

Please post updates as you can.

Thanks very much again!
John Carmichael: Are you a homo? Have you come out of the closet?
ANONYMOUS: You're wearing tweed in the summer and you're asking ME if I'm a faggot? Xenu please ...
John Carmichael: What?

brownjedi

Post by brownjedi » Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:54 pm

They did not tell the truth from the beginning with this house for the same reason they did not tell the truth when they bought the land for gold base or anything else...the truth is not a friend to them.

Sea Horse

Post by Sea Horse » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:15 pm

Someone should get the neighbor's names/addresses from public records and mail them info about what Scientology is really about.

Maybe the neighbors will help expedite getting the Mission of Portland kicked out of the house for zoning violations if they just knew who their neighbors really were.

Oh... oh... <jumping/dancing on one foot> maybe there's a local Scio-critic who is a mortgage broker or realtor who could report them to the Bank of America for "mortgage fraud". As I recall, that's a F-E-L-O-N-Y!!!!!

Felony crimes by Church of Scientology staff or members is not unusual. (I've reported a few myself.)
We are the architects of our own lives. Design and build the life you want.

brownjedi

Post by brownjedi » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:29 pm

Yes mortgage fraud is a huge felony.

akdennis

Post by akdennis » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:03 am

Sorry folks, I've been watching for news on that house in SE Portland but have nothing yet.
Concerned about scientology since 1977.

exstaff

Post by exstaff » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:30 am

Sea Horse wrote:Someone should get the neighbor's names/addresses from public records and mail them info about what Scientology is really about.

Maybe the neighbors will help expedite getting the Mission of Portland kicked out of the house for zoning violations if they just knew who their neighbors really were.

Oh... oh... <jumping/dancing on one foot> maybe there's a local Scio-critic who is a mortgage broker or realtor who could report them to the Bank of America for "mortgage fraud". As I recall, that's a F-E-L-O-N-Y!!!!!

Felony crimes by Church of Scientology staff or members is not unusual. (I've reported a few myself.)

It's pretty easy to report this to:
http://www.oregon.gov/REA/index.shtml
Just contact them and let them know all the details...

They are not fond of mortgate fraud and are starting to investigate the original applications of the offender... ANY discrepancies carries mandatory jail terms, ie. lies about income, not owner occupied, intent to fraud... on and on... EVERY state is really into catching these exact type of criminals right now...

:kneesucker:
We do not forgive,
We do not forget,
We will not relent,
We are legion,

Expect us!

"HEY OSA, your worldwide terrorist organization will be closed sooner than you think..."
"I would rather be alive and cool than dead and uncool"...

Bea Kiddo

Post by Bea Kiddo » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:07 pm

I just wanted to put in my two cents for what its worth.

In a way, I really feel sorry for the staff and SO of Scientology. I really dont want them to go to jail. Not the run of the mill, duped staff.

But I think it has to happen, many times over, for any wake up by its members to be considered at all. Or any change in any way. At this point, we are all just critics. But if people start getting nailed for their illegal activities, something will give.

---

Also "under fire" has a bad connotation for Portland area, you know?

1996 - someone came in to CCPTL, shot 5 people (or 4, cant remember) and tried to burn down the building.

akdennis

Post by akdennis » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:42 am

Yes, I had forgotten what happened at the CoS in Portland in '96. If I had remembered, I would have used different wording. Thanks for reminding me about that.
Last edited by akdennis on Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bea Kiddo

Post by Bea Kiddo » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:54 am

akdennis wrote:Yes, I had forgotten what happened at the CoS in Portland in '96. If I had remembered, I would have used different working. Thanks for reminding me about that.
I went out there as a Sea org member to help them at that time. I audited or C/Sed alot of people through that.

-----

Its hard to put this into words. Because I really am anit-Scn. I am just not anti-people. I just dont like duped Scnists and staff being targeted (ie: sent to jail). If it must be, it must be. I just know alot are good hearted and trying hard. The OSA types and E/Os - sure. They have the chance more than anyone to investigate and find out the truth and they chose not to. They deserve what they get.

I hope we can wake up these other people and get them to SEE.

Know what I mean?

akdennis

Post by akdennis » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:35 am

I agree. I think I'm involved in this because I care about people. Like you, I've always made a distinction between the entrenched, upper echelon of the CoS, and those working the front desk of an org, taking their first or second course. They don't know the history that you and I do (and you know alot more than I). The upper level people do. I'm impressed that you are former sea org member. When I first got to Portland and noticed there was a Celeb Centre here, I sort of thought that it was not a 'major' center of scientology. Not sure why I felt that way. Then, one day, I was walking by, and saw three people come out and cross the street to the restaurant at the Heathman hotel. I think they were sea org members; in blue uniforms but without jackets or hats. That changed my mind about the the Portland center. Thanks for the note.

Return to “Oregon”