Seattle org

lucy skywalker

Post by lucy skywalker » Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:53 pm

BOF "Oh you guys, if you knew how nice ..."

I do understand Fluffy Girl. I know quite a few very nice folks in my area who have ponied up a lot of dough as well. It breaks my heart.

I hope everyday, that in the long run they don't get hurt and truly get what they are looking for out of all this. Or that maybe something will change and some sort of fairness of this group will ensue so they won't have the chance of getting hurt. A dream and a hope for the one's that do believe, even though I don't.
www.exscientologykids.com/
www.exscn.net
[i]beyond_horizons ... rest in peace dear friend[/i]

Ball of Fluff

Post by Ball of Fluff » Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:49 pm

Yep. The people I know of the families who contributed that huge amount of money are long time long term church members. One's public, the other is staff and before that was into Ladies Auxiliary (I tried it when I was in and didn't really like it). Very very party line.

The thing is, in CofS, a person can rock along without too many abuses, flaps, etc, if they stay under the radar. Just take some courses, some auditing, etc.

But if they ever ever find they are in a position where they are noticeable- whether it's that they are staff and now have a unit or dept or post to account for, or whether they have a kid who's being recruited for the SO, or if they speak up (like me) or get into a flap with a sr staff member- that's when the problems come in.

Sarah

Post by Sarah » Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:38 am

Latest news out of Seattle is that the building purchase has been officially recorded with King County, and the Seattle org now owns 300 W. Harrison Street.

Ball of Fluff

Post by Ball of Fluff » Sat Feb 19, 2005 2:58 am

Yep, thanks to the Stoners, Bartels and that other couple...a million bux between the three families. Whoa.

Girlfriend

Post by Girlfriend » Sat Feb 19, 2005 6:25 am

Interesting thread! Claire, so far as you can guesstimate (or perhaps know), what's the membership # of the Seattle org? Staff, public, Mgnmt, sea org, OSA, etc. Do you think they're going to be able to recruit enough new members to fill the building?

programmer_guy

Post by programmer_guy » Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:27 am

Not all orgs are Sea Org (certainly not OSA staff). It depends on the class of the org.
codo ergo sum.

Sarah

Post by Sarah » Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:25 am

Programmer guy,

I have a question about OSA staff. Please look at the tread Does the Sea Org staff the OSA offices? in the "Opinions & Debate" section.

Sarah

programmer_guy

Post by programmer_guy » Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:17 am

I answered on that thread. I don't know much about OSA other than what is reported here or on other critic web sites.

Although, I have been followed on many occasions. I don't honestly know whether this is OSA or just SCN locals trying to intimidate me.
codo ergo sum.

Ball of Fluff

Post by Ball of Fluff » Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:07 pm

Property Report on Seattle Org

I went and saw it last night. Nice building. Interbay area of Seattle. 5 stories. Too big for what they have now. Couldn't go inside.

BG, those numbers fluctuate. There generally are anywhere from 10-75 public on lines, day and foundation hours. This is a hell of a range, I know, but recently someone said they were there and nobody was on course. I drove by the existing building, the one they're moving from, last night and just two cars in the parking lot. Maybe 3.

It's not an SO org. They have one SO staff member- can't remember the post- who works there, as many non SO orgs do. It's a Class V org.

DSAs are Dept 20 and ultimately take their orders from OSA Int but are nominally staff of the Class V Org from whence they are working. They report to the ED but he can be overridden by OSA Int in LA and usually is.Think of them as a liasion.

Staff numbers fluctuate. I remember maybe 5-10 day Org staff and generally 8-15 Foundation staff.

The DSA tends to do double duty for both orgs. When I was on lines there and knew her, I called her the lady who never goes home.

She's not Sea Org but reports to SO.

Ball of Fluff

Post by Ball of Fluff » Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:16 pm

I've gone out there and my husband took some pix. If they came out ok, they will be downloaded and posted to a.b.s. I'll let you guys know.

Ball of Fluff

Post by Ball of Fluff » Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:15 am

They've been posted. See alt.binaries.scientology.

Girlfriend

Post by Girlfriend » Sun Feb 20, 2005 6:07 am

Thanks for the pics! Icky looking building, hate the red bottom. Are those curtains/blinds behind most of the windows or is that the way the sun's hitting them?

And whoa! A sunny day in Seattle in February! Far OUT! And thanks for the Clam-I-Am pics Claire. :lol: Where did you find those? Surely not at Ivars?!! I know Ivars is an old fogey, but it's an old family favorite.

In case anyone has trouble finding how to get to alt.binaries.scientology, this is how I get to it:

http://www.usenet-replayer.com/opennews ... ology.html

Click on alt.binaries.scientology link under "Groups". I'm not a subscriber and this is the only way I know of to get to alt.bi.sci without subscribing.

programmer_guy

Post by programmer_guy » Sun Feb 20, 2005 6:38 am

Fluff,

Those are interesting pics. Such a big building but I don't see many cars around it.

I am thinking way back to my days at the Riverside Mission (just for comparison) and there were vehicles all around the place on the weekends and at night during the work-week.

What day of the week (and time of day) did you take the pics? Just curious.
codo ergo sum.

programmer_guy

Post by programmer_guy » Sun Feb 20, 2005 6:41 am

Yeah... the clam-I-am pics were cute.
codo ergo sum.

Ball of Fluff

Post by Ball of Fluff » Sun Feb 20, 2005 6:33 pm

Thanks, guyz...my husband found the clam pix in some other binary ng and thought they'd be cute for ABS.

Well, it's a classic Seattle business building, I guess. Kinda boxey, brick, and there's that red glass bottom- I see that on a lot of commercial buildings, I think it's a 60s or 70s thang.

It's going to be more room than they can fill right now 'cuz it's big.

You should see the parking lot. It's on a slope, but it's a really weird bumpy HUGE parking lot that slopes sort of steeply and gradually at the same time. It's very disorienting. In back of it are some other commercial buildings and this terribly ramshackle little house.

John took the pix (with helpful commentary from Fluffy) yesterday around noon.

Most of the windows have curtains. This building was evidently owned by contractors before but my guess is that it was vacant a while.

The county assesses it at about 4 mil.

Return to “Washington”