Seattle org

Girlfriend

Post by Girlfriend » Sun Feb 20, 2005 7:47 pm

Claire - can you calculate more exactly the new org's distance from, say Queen Anne or Magnolia, or downtown for that matter, to its actual location? Been looking at unhelpful maps just now, or I haven't woken up properly yet. Have friends in all areas you mention and will get the word out just to keep them aware.

I know the area Interbay you mentioned on a.r.s., and before it was named that officially I recall it was quite a way from the central city.

As I remember it, it would be about 5-6 miles - more? - from downtown Seattle - not a small distance in a city of that size - so if true, that's quite a way out from the hub of the city/waterfront recruitment areas. I'm surprised CoS hasn't been sited recruiting at the Pike Place markets! Or have they?

What do you think? Any downtown or waterfront real estate in Seattle of that size would be well into the double-digit million mark.

What will be the new org's "catchment area?" And thanks for all this new info, pics, and commentary. It is incredibly sad those 3 families felt they had to cough up the remaining monies required to buy the bldg. outright for CoS.

My worst nightmare, well slight exaggeration, would be finding out dianetic stress test "posts" set up on the island ferries as I've mentioned before. Any way you could find out if that's happening, Claire?

Any more reports re Interbay's development future projections, the strips of industrial/commercial businesses nearby perhaps impinging on the new org's "profile" ..?" will be interesting.

Ball of Fluff

Post by Ball of Fluff » Sun Feb 20, 2005 9:08 pm

Mapquest has it about 2 miles from downtown Seattle and 1 mile from Queen Anne and about 1.66 miles from Magnolia.

If you know where the Shanty Cafe is on Elliott, the new Org building is right in back of it.

They aren't gonna get many, if any, walk ins there.

They will probably continue to hand out OCAs downtown,and probably now, Queen Anne, too.

That's more "regging" than "recruiting" since regging is getting people interested in Scn and recruiting is getting people to join staff which is usually directed at people who are "on-lines".

A building my company recently bought that is downtown is assessed at about 3 million. But I know there're some that go for far far more than that. Depends on size, location, etc, of course.

Interbay's become more developed than when I first saw it but it still isn't anywhere near as built up as Belltown and other areas have become.

I do feel for those families. I understand donating for a building that one's Org wants to buy. I do. But the amounts of money- and that they were allowed, even encouraged to do so when they don't have all their training and auditing that they want to do paid for- well, this is something I'd have disagreed with even when I was a church member.

I am very sure there were many other donations, too. It's just that these are the big 3.

Oh, and re the curtains you asked about- I remember now- there are some but what you see in the pix is a streaking effect from, maybe, moisture. Like my house gets when I'm cooking. (it's a small house).Not sure why they'd have internal moisture buildup on their windows, though. I think the building's vacant.

meade_emory

Post by meade_emory » Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:39 am

It's not too impressive comparing it to the other orgs recently redone. If that's an improvement, the current one must really be a dump.

programmer_guy

Post by programmer_guy » Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:02 am

meade,

Please post some pics of what you are talking about. I'd like to see them. I'm just curious about what you see (pics).
codo ergo sum.

honu

Post by honu » Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:15 am

Org's don't usually rely on walk in's. It's the local missions purpose to fill the org. I occasionally drive by a mission not to far from Microsoft,and off the highly traveled path. yet never see anyone there. Is this mission still in business?? Any other missions in the Seattle area.

Having gotten the current org's address from their web sight, this is basically right down town, within a short walking distance from seattle center, ( sight of the worlds fair, in the 60's, and home to the Sonics ) lots of tourists, during the right season. Funny thing is seattle center, key arena can't pay their bills either.

Ball of Fluff

Post by Ball of Fluff » Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:04 pm

Meade, it's not an org being "redone". It's a new purchase. It's assessed by the county at over 4 mil.

Ball of Fluff

Post by Ball of Fluff » Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:08 pm

There's also a mission in N Seattle. I've been there.

There was one in Burien that still appears on all rosters but something's odd there. Heard it was busted down to a DCG, it was never open, and now I know for a fact that it's not there.

meade_emory

Post by meade_emory » Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:44 pm

BoF,

Yeah, I know it's a new purchase and due for some renos. But they have a current org somewhere else right?.

PG, the pics are posted on ABS.

Ball of Fluff

Post by Ball of Fluff » Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:44 am

The building they're in right now is a rented and very small building on a major street in Seattle. It's a terribly awkward location because, even though it's a major route, it has this big concrete divider in the middle so it you're coming up from the South to the North, you have to go through some weird detours to get to the org.

So this one on W Harrison will be their new location.It'll be the only Org in Seattle, though there are a couple missions still around.

Ball of Fluff

Post by Ball of Fluff » Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:45 am

Honu, they're gonna be about a mile from Seattle Ctr. They're more "Interbay" than "Queen Anne". Relatively speaking, not that far, though.

programmer_guy

Post by programmer_guy » Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:54 am

meade,

Yeah... I know Fluff posted them. I saw them.

I thought that you had some other pics that you were refering to.
codo ergo sum.

mikedewolf

Post by mikedewolf » Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:42 pm

Fluffy,

When I visit Seattle, I try to avoid Aurora at all costs! More than once I've found myself driving several miles out of my way tailgated by SUVs before figuring out how to turn around. I didn't even notice the Org until I read about it in one of your posts.
Mike de Wolf
"A science that depends on Authority alone is a breath in the wind of truth and is therefore no science at all." - L. Ron Hubbard

Girlfriend

Post by Girlfriend » Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:46 pm

If you ever wanted to know how totalitarian groups/governments frenzy up support, read this email from the ED of the Seattle org before the 3 parties Claire mentioned coughed up to close the deal on the new Seattle "ideal org" building.

The Mail Man on ARS so far as I can tell is another poster from inside the cult, an "infidel," or has access to someone who is. Priceless.

The ridiculous analogy in the opening paragraphs of the ED's email sets the scene for his accusatory demands in the rest of his long rant. What would Hubbard have called his "tone level?"

"During the first bleak winter of the American Revolution, when things were not looking good for the fledgling American Nation, an American patriot wrote the following words:

These are the times that try many souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman."

That's part of the bait. Read on for the hooks.

Seattle Org Call To Arms

Hysterical mandates are not indicative of a confident, intelligent, thriving entity. This kind of "comm" rates right up there with Cruise's "gift" to his co-workers on War of the Worlds, synonymous with the us/them movie script you might say. Anyway, enjoy.

(Message edited by girlfriend on February 23, 2005)

Ball of Fluff

Post by Ball of Fluff » Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:07 am

Hey, Mike. I know what you mean. I used to live in the North end so I've become used to using Aurora as a viable alternative to I5, but that's only when I have a specific travel plan in mind. If you're just going to Northgate or something, it's not so bad.

Ball of Fluff

Post by Ball of Fluff » Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:08 am

BG, I know Mark Arnold fairly well and I know he can be quite party line and single minded, but, still, I'm kinda wondering if he didn't have that written for him? Reads like one of the more chicken littleish DM speeches. But I could be wrong.

Playing on people's fears has long been a way that more totalitarian type groups (and people) have gotten what they wanted from followers...

Return to “Washington”