Video of Interviews with ex-INT staff and protesters 19 Jan 2009

marklowell

Video of Interviews with ex-INT staff and protesters 19 Jan 2009

Post by marklowell » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:48 pm

I shot this video of the protest at INT Base hear Hemet California on 19 Jan 2009. It features interviews with two former INT Base staffers and other protesters.

http://vimeo.com/2907540

- Doug

Twin A

Post by Twin A » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:12 pm

Hey Doug, I'm surprised how well the sound turned out considering all the traffic behind me. Over all, I think our protest made some good points.

One of the biggest barriers I run into when debating the subject of Scientology is that the first response to complaints about Scientology, especially here in Hollywood area, is "why complain about someone's beliefs? They have a right to believe whatever they want to believe."

It kind of made me realize that I have to really clarify that I'm not complaining or protesting anyone's beliefs, I'm complaining about Scientology, Inc.'s actions and their policies: Staff member abuses, disconnection, deception and lies used in recruitment and registration... stuff like that.

The whole Xenu story was kept secret from me. When I signed up to be a "Scientologist" I had no idea that the advanced levels were about excorcism of parasitic spirits called body thetans. When I did find out, I felt really confused. I had learned from earlier Scientology teachings that it was a good idea to be in communication with your body and to take good care of it. I really found it conflicting to then find out that advanced level Scientologists were essentially practising excorsism, assigning negative thoughts and feelings to alien spirits and telling then to leave. That just really was something I couldn't accept and at that point I was not wanting to really be a Scientologist. I was actually told by several Scientologists that I could not actually be a "good" Scientologist if I didn't have faith in and want to achieve the advanced levels of Scientology. Why the heck didn't anyone tell me that BEFORE????? It just was like I was tricked into making many life changing decisions. My participation in Scientology was not out of informed consent. I had no idea of all the things I would be expected to be "supposed to do" as a condition of membership AFTER I'd invested so much into it.

It's a big bait and switch. It's deceptive and it's wrong, So I complain about that.

I don't care if other people want to believe in that, but keeping it hidden and then saying I'm a bad person that I don't believe it like they do... that's just not right. One of the "High Crimes" in Scientology is publicly departing Scientology. What is up with that policy? Everyone has a right to believe in what they want to believe in, I wasn't about to be dishonest and pretend that I was still a Scientologist when I wasn't, I had to tell people and the second you tell others you aren't a Scientologist any more publicly, it's considered a "High Crime", that's just insane! that's crazy church policy and they can change that. That's not a "belief" thats a policy, a rule, it's administration, it's not a "religious belief" you know what I mean?

carol

Post by carol » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:58 pm

That's not a "belief" thats a policy, a rule, it's administration, it's not a "religious belief" you know what I mean?
I do know Twin A. Anyone, especially celebs defending cults based on a 'right to their own beliefs’; have not looked further into this organization prior to commenting. Of course everyone has that right but not at the expense of others. Mounting public criticism verifies that this is a very destructive organization that has consciously deceived and hurt many people which is far beyond a mere nutty belief system.
stillsearching

Sea Horse

Post by Sea Horse » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:39 pm

Twin A wrote:I'm surprised how well the sound turned out considering all the traffic behind me. Over all, I think our protest made some good points.
That video was way better than you can imagine.
We are the architects of our own lives. Design and build the life you want.

antiscn

Post by antiscn » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:57 am

Awesome video.A shame about the sound early on but it improves.Its great to see unmasked protests,and the focus on Labor abuses is something everybody can understand.
Great job!!Congratulations to everyone involved and to everyboy who has been picketing at INT.

Return to “North America”