Anyone want to hand out flyers in New York?

Ihatescientology

Anyone want to hand out flyers in New York?

Post by Ihatescientology » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:04 pm

Hi,
I'm a big fan of Operation Clambake but I've never protested Scientology before. Well, now, I've decided it's about time!

What I'd like to do is go down to the New York office and hand out Operation Clambake's "Who is Xenu?" flier to anyone they try to give a personality test to or, failing that, anyone walking down the street? Anyone want to join me?

For those who have protested before, is this the sort of thing that would make me an SP? I'm not going to hand any fliers to Scientologists. From what I've read, it wouldn't do any good. I just want to educate people before they get roped in.

Appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Sponge

Re: Anyone want to hand out flyers in New York?

Post by Sponge » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:07 am

There is a dedicated protest cell in NYC.
They organise either on http://www.whyweprotest.net or more usually on the local NYC cell forum site at: http://www.nycanon.org/
The next one appears to be on February 19th. Register on their local forum, let them know what you intend to do. They may have some helpful suggestions as well as info on long standing arrangements they have with the local P.D. regarding protesting limitations/boundaries etc.
Warning: NYC anons protest hard and they party hard.

Here are some pics from their Jan 15 protest:
http://s1106.photobucket.com/albums/h365/freedpatriot/

[Edit: Gallery link fixed]
Last edited by Sponge on Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ihatescientology

Post by Ihatescientology » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:02 am

Thanks! I'll join their message board.

magoo1

Post by magoo1 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:37 am

Hi Ihatescientology...Glad you want to do something.

I agree with Sponge---the best way to find a group already in motion
is on www.whyweprotest. Just find out when their next one is, make a sign
and show up! :alien:

Have fun........and take pictures!

Tory/Magoo

Simonymous

Post by Simonymous » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:55 am

Hey Sponge, that photo link got eaten by the smileforever redirect. Could you repost it?

And for anyone who might know... why does that redirect exist anyway? Is it something we could get rid of? I hate that thing.
“...the injuries that {Hubbard} handled by the use of Dianetics procedures were never handled, because they were injuries that never existed; therefore, Dianetics is based on a lie; therefore, Scientology is based on a lie.” --Tommy Davis

Sponge

Post by Sponge » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:47 am

Simonymous wrote:Hey Sponge, that photo link got eaten by the smileforever redirect. Could you repost it?

And for anyone who might know... why does that redirect exist anyway? Is it something we could get rid of? I hate that thing.
Fixed the link in my above post (I added tags to stop that redundant filter kicking in on that photobucket gallery link)
I've screamed about it in the past in the feedback and help forum. I'll take it up more directly.

Return to “North America”