http://www.oursites.org/annaleebergtun

xenulandkalif

Post by xenulandkalif » Sun Dec 19, 2004 10:31 pm

New address:
Karl Johans Gate 17J
0154 Oslo
Norway

Entrance Kirkegata.

Not aware of any changes to the rest of the contact information, there was a telephone number on a plaque at their old address in Storgata, but I didn't have anything to write it down with.

Their website, www.scientology-oslo.org, is not updated as of this date.

Also see thread: viewtopic.php?t=13878

Kal'ph

xenulandkalif

Post by xenulandkalif » Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:15 am

Oops, supposed to be Karl Johans gate 12J. Mixed it up withe the old address.

Girlfriend

Post by Girlfriend » Mon Dec 20, 2004 6:35 pm

Thanks for that Kaliph of :xenu:land. Why do you think they moved? Can you describe more of the area they moved to?

I wish Catarina and Pippi were here to join you in commenting.

What was your local news on the Nobel Peace Prize concert? Did I miss that?

xenulandkalif

Post by xenulandkalif » Mon Dec 20, 2004 11:41 pm

Hi BG!

First some info - The piece of paper at their old Storgata location read:
==========================================
Scientologikirken & Dianetikksenteret
har flyttet til Oslo, Karl Johans Gate 12J

Tlf. 99 46 60 40

Scientology Church & Dianetics Center
has moved to Oslo, Karl Johans Gate 12J

Phone 99 46 60 40
==========================================

A quick googling of this phone number revealed only one relevant hit: http://www.bersvendsen.com/arkiv/215.html (link to english translation inside) and this: http://www.bersvendsen.com/spam/scientologispam.txt. The phonenumber listed at the top of this thread is the one appearing on all official Scienosites, but they use this one in mails, it seems.

I passed by the new KJG location a couple of times, noticed no Scieno-related activities on the street today. I did notice one thing I missed yesterday; They have hung a Scientology flag from a post on the corner of their building at Karl Johan/Kirkegata, featuring the golden S and two triangles on a white background one. That itself is actually more visibility than I ever noticed at their Storgata location.

Now then!

Like I said in the other thread, it's 'more central and "upscale"', which could be a reason in and of itself, but with the Nobel Concert so close in time, I suspect there is a connection. Are they trying to take advantage of the publicity surrounding the event? I could also speculate that the Oslo org has gotten attention, pressure perhaps, from higher management because of the Cruise visit, though I don't know. Does anyone know what, if any, contact Cruise made with the org or any local scienos during the event?

As for the place, Karl Johans Gate is kind of the "main street" of Oslo, it's very busy. Half of it, where the new scienocenter is located, is a pedestrian street. The street is packed with shops and pubs, and it's especially busy now during the Christmas season. Some info: http://www.wcities.com/en/record/,39875/97/record.html

The picture here: http://members.aol.com/buckybadgermd/My ... es0062.jpg is two years old, but it shows (Unless I'm very badly mistaken) the exact building. The flag on the corner, under the "BFO" sign, is now replaced with the CoS flag. I'll see if I can't manage to take a picture of my own some time soon, though there's not that much to look at. Their doorbell, the flag, and perhaps a couple of yellowjackets. :)

As for the Nobel Concert itself, I'm sorry but I don't have anything to report. I didn't feel any reason to pay attention to it -- I'm really not interested in celebrities generally, or the nobel-related activities, and I thought, incorrecty as I gather from other OCMB posts, that Cruise wouldn't run his mouth too much about Scientology.

Kal'ph

programmer_guy

Post by programmer_guy » Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:43 am

BG,

I think that Pippi is in the middle-east (Iran?) so I don't think that she would have 1st-hand knowledge about this.

(Message edited by Programmer_Guy on December 21, 2004)
codo ergo sum.

xenulandkalif

Post by xenulandkalif » Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:47 pm

Sea Org in Oslo?

Passed through the area around the org today, and in the area of the org I saw a person in what I identified Sea Org uniform. It didn't look exactly like those of those I've seen here in images on OC, a bit more "plain", no frilly shoulderthingies or those ropes, and with the golden "S" on the lapel. He looked like he was checking the area out, or something.

What is going on? Has Sea Org taken over?

catarina

Post by catarina » Tue Dec 28, 2004 10:18 pm

Most likely a Sea Org missionaire - that is simply someone sent out by any of the numerous Sea Org units on some project at the local org. It can be to kick the asses of local staff, or recruit new people to the Sea Org, or good old sales of hilariously expensive OT levels to be experienced at a Sea Org org... They were a common sight at my org when I was staff.

Sorry I can't comment on the org itself - I have never in my life been to Oslo... :)

mickwenlock

Post by mickwenlock » Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:02 pm

Ah, Oslo Org - hey Andreas I was the person who did the SO Mission to Oslo that set it up as an org!
[i] "This ain't no upwardly mobile freeway,
This is the road - to hell"[/i]
Chris Rea

songbird

Post by songbird » Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:53 pm

And here you are now, Mick, amongst the SPs.
Whoda thunk it, eh? :)

mickwenlock

Post by mickwenlock » Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:12 am

Well, as someone who has been declared TWICE! I am used to it by now..

I am trying to remember the name of the guy who ran the mission that we turned into an Org.
[i] "This ain't no upwardly mobile freeway,
This is the road - to hell"[/i]
Chris Rea

Return to “Norway”